We will beat the Rams. Mark it down. Put it in your diary.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2003: Marcel Shipp,Jeff Blake,Josh McCown,Ray Thompson,Bryan Gilmore,Dennis Johnson, Marcus Bell, Wendall Bryant, LeVar Fisher... That team had far less talent than the 2011 Cardinals and still had a better record after 7 games.

Oh man, that team was BAAAAD. What was their total point differential, like -300 or something crazy?

Plus they never gave up 30+ points 4 weeks in a row. :D

I find that SHOCKING. Because my most vivid memory of that year was the Half a Hundred game where they decided not to cover TO on the goal line.

But you may be right about the rest of the season because this year's team reminds me of the 2006 Cards. A team with a lot of young and/or new talent that somehow found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory every week. They went in the tank after the loss to Chicago but rallied to win 4 of the last 7 and were 4-2 in the division.

Wow, you nailed it. Nailed it perfectly! The KC and Chicago games could have been played this year, for sure.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And for full disclosure, the last time I was so confident and made such a public proclamation about a game was the Monday Night Massacre.

They WERE who I thought they were, and we definitely let them off the hook.

Let's hope we don't get a repeat of that game, because the Bears that year and the Rams this season are not comparable.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Ooops, sorry. I mistyped. I meant at home. I forgot to add they were riding the St Louis Cardinal superexcellentawesome world series vibe.

That crap crashes on sunday. Hard. The cardinals get all jiggy on Sunday. Then people start saying "oh, we'll beat the eagles too!" But we won't. They will beat us by 10. But then we roll off 5 wins...two against the niners, one on the cowboys and one against the browns.

Maybe I only say this because I HATE the niners, but we are due on those douches.

I hope you're right. Would make this season a bit more tolerable.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I agree, the only reason they win this one because it's basically meaningless, other than to save Whiz' hide. Even that could be temporary. Winning more meaningless games to go 6-10, is....well, meaningless.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I agree, the only reason they win this one because it's basically meaningless, other than to save Whiz' hide. Even that could be temporary. Winning more meaningless games to go 6-10, is....The Cardinal Way.

FTFY

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We're wearing the black alternates Sunday. Mark it down, but use a pencil.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After re-watching sections of last week's game, I'm not sure I can share the same enthusiasm.

Our defense gets worse by the week, mainly because the old guys are breaking down already as a result of excessive playing time. Haggans was surprisingly effective earlier this season. Now he's surprisingly ineffective. Playing Paris Lenon this much is an absolute joke. He was repeatedly engulfed by O-linemen seven yards down the field this week. Our ancient depth at DE seems to be wearing out CC and DD. AW got about 6 inches off the ground on the pick he dropped in the end zone. I guess that's what happens when you have the oldest roster in the NFL.

I also absolved Kolb of way too much blame last week. He was horrible from the start. Now that he's injured, I fear he'll be even more paranoid in the pocket, if that's even possible. Add in a banged up Beanie, and this offense could struggle against an improving Rams' pass rush.

I think we could have won this game fairly easily four weeks ago. Now I'm not so sure.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After re-watching sections of last week's game, I'm not sure I can share the same enthusiasm.

Our defense gets worse by the week, mainly because the old guys are breaking down already as a result of excessive playing time. Haggans was surprisingly effective earlier this season. Now he's surprisingly ineffective. Playing Paris Lenon this much is an absolute joke. He was repeatedly engulfed by O-linemen seven yards down the field this week. Our ancient depth at DE seems to be wearing out CC and DD. AW got about 6 inches off the ground on the pick he dropped in the end zone. I guess that's what happens when you have the oldest roster in the NFL.

I also absolved Kolb of way too much blame last week. He was horrible from the start. Now that he's injured, I fear he'll be even more paranoid in the pocket, if that's even possible. Add in a banged up Beanie, and this offense could struggle against an improving Rams' pass rush.

I think we could have won this game fairly easily four weeks ago. Now I'm not so sure.
maybe the hurt foot will stop his happy feet? :D

ok maybe not :(

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I could find a reason to believe we'll beat the Rams and follow up a Philly loss with 5 straight wins. I think it's more likely that we enter week 15 with no more than 3 wins total. And even 3 wins means I've been chugging the :koolaid:.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I actually felt like, up until the Ravens realized that AJ Jefferson couldnt cover an airplane toilet seat, that the defense played a lot better last week. They were definetly getting more penetration into the backfield from the linebackers (because the young guys played more).

The secondary is a real problem. Peterson is improving weekly and I think will be a great player, but Jefferson and Marshall are wretched. The only way Jefferson can stop a guy from catching the ball is to interfere.

Agree about Adrian Wilson. His decline is one of the more depressing subplots of the season. Hopefully its just the injury has taken away his natural aggression.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I actually felt like, up until the Ravens realized that AJ Jefferson couldnt cover an airplane toilet seat, that the defense played a lot better last week. They were definetly getting more penetration into the backfield from the linebackers (because the young guys played more).

The secondary is a real problem. Peterson is improving weekly and I think will be a great player, but Jefferson and Marshall are wretched. The only way Jefferson can stop a guy from catching the ball is to interfere.

Agree about Adrian Wilson. His decline is one of the more depressing subplots of the season. Hopefully its just the injury has taken away his natural aggression.
The defense did seem to play pretty well in the beginning of the game, but they still gave up 405 yards to a team that averages 340. It wasn't the first time this scenario played out this season. We don't have, or won't use, the depth it takes to keep the defense effective late in the game. Hence the lack of fourth quarter pass rush all season.

And while it was good to see Acho and Schofield on the filed more, they rarely played together. They rotated in Porter's spot while Haggans played his usual excess of snaps. Bradley was also used sparingly again. Sure, he sucks, but unless they've completely written off Bradley already, it's probably a good idea to get him some more snaps. Whis just can't seem to let go of his worn out players. That's why I would not be surprised to see Porter start again this season despite his obvious lack of effectiveness.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The defense did seem to play pretty well in the beginning of the game, but they still gave up 405 yards to a team that averages 340. It wasn't the first time this scenario played out this season. We don't have, or won't use, the depth it takes to keep the defense effective late in the game. Hence the lack of fourth quarter pass rush all season.

And while it was good to see Acho and Schofield on the filed more, they rarely played together. They rotated in Porter's spot while Haggans played his usual excess of snaps. Bradley was also used sparingly again. Sure, he sucks, but unless they've completely written off Bradley already, it's probably a good idea to get him some more snaps. Whis just can't seem to let go of his worn out players. That's why I would not be surprised to see Porter start again this season despite his obvious lack of effectiveness.

The Ravens averaged over 7 ypc in the first quarter last Sunday. Then when they got behind they threw the ball on every down and had no problem with that either. The Cards are the worst in the NFL in letting opponents score after the Cards have scored, something like 53%. 30th ranked pass defense and 29th in points allowed. And of course they've never seen a lead they couldn't give back. They still are awful.

On the other hand the D is, as has been the case for years, can be opportunistic and give the O short fields and I really like what I've seen so far from the young guys. If they continue to develop we have 7 guys or more who could be the mainstays of a decent Cardinals defense for years. (If the Cards can figure out how to keep them all)

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You do realize that A.J. Feeley QB'd the Lambs last week, right? He's a backup.

That spells doom for this squad.

Between a back up QB starting, and Brandon Lloyd (who is a Cardinal KILLER). We are going to get smoked.

24-10 Rams.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cards will beat the Rams on Sunday. They will then lose to Philly the following week, and then roll off 5 straight wins. Yes...5. they will be 7-7, with two games left to play. One at home. One on the road.

So they beat the Eagles and lost to the Niners - my insane prediction is still in play.

I'm not saying if we'll end up 7-9 or 9-7. I'm only saying that we'll be at the 7win level this year. Yes, I'm saying this at 1-6.

(red koolaid drips from my lips..*cough* *sputter*) Go Cards.

:maninground:

Stayin' alive...stayin alive...do these guys have 4 more wins in 'em?

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they beat the Eagles and lost to the Niners - my insane prediction is still in play.

The Cards will beat the Rams on Sunday. They will then lose to Philly the following week, and then roll off 5 straight wins. Yes...5. they will be 7-7, with two games left to play. One at home. One on the road.

I'm not saying if we'll end up 7-9 or 9-7. I'm only saying that we'll be at the 7win level this year. Yes, I'm saying this at 1-6.

Let's go get the Niners this week! The crazy beat goes on! :haveadrink:

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Let's go get the Niners this week! The crazy beat goes on! :haveadrink:

OK!! Here we go. Get this Browns game at home and we are 7-7 like I d-doggstradoumoused....when we were 1-6.

Let's get to freaking 7-7!!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK!! Here we go. Get this Browns game at home and we are 7-7 like I d-doggstradoumoused....when we were 1-6.

Let's get to freaking 7-7!!

Donadamus

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan