what if leinart outplays warner during training camp and preseason

cgolden

Registered
Reaction score
I've always wondered if Warner entered camp last season and had a Leinart-like melt down in the preseason (think Jets game) how the season would have been different.

the same thing could happen this season and I wonder if Whiz would stick to his "he who practices the best, starts" mantra.

RolleRocks

Registered
Reaction score
Warner will see very little game action this preseason.

The starting job is his.

The real QB competition will be between Matty and BSP for the backup spot.

OP
OP
Cody

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
but what if matt has a rating of 100 in preseason and throws 8tds and 1 interception

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
If #7 looks better than #13 in preseason, the only effect it will have is on the threads and posts showing up here. Can anyone name a single QB that led his team to the playoffs last year that could lose his job this preseason? Anyone?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
If #7 looks better than #13 in preseason, the only effect it will have is on the threads and posts showing up here. Can anyone name a single QB that led his team to the playoffs last year that could lose his job this preseason? Anyone?

Delhomme(Not sure if they have a QBotF or not though)? Tavaris Jackson?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Whis - best player plays. If Warner has a weak camp and drops the ball week 3 of preseason Leinart will start

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Kurt Warner was signed to be a starter for this team for the next two years. He would have to struggle and Matt would have to play well for Leinart to win the starting job at this point. I don't see it happening. :mulli:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warner will see very little game action this preseason.

The starting job is his.

The real QB competition will be between Matty and BSP for the backup spot.

There is no real QB competition this year.

1 Kurt
2 Matt
3 His holy of holies, Saint Pierre the Magnificent

The only QB shuffling that could possibly take place is Matt and Kurt flip flop at some point during the season, and only if Kurt is terrible.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
St. Pierre vs Leinart for the #2 spot on the other hand... :p

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm more concerned that St. Pierre out plays Warner

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Delhomme(Not sure if they have a QBotF or not though)? Tavaris Jackson?

I think Jake is safe no matter what happens in preseason, but you are right about Jackson=good answer. If Jackson gets outplayed he probably will not start. Can we compare Jackson to Warner? Nope.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Leinart outplaying Warner before the regular season. It'll take about 5 weeks of Warner sucking for him to be benched the way things are looking.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Answer is simple - We would have a good starting QB.

If Warner plays we have a good starting QB, if Matt actually plays better then him then we still have a good starting QB.

NHEIB84

Rookie
Reaction score
This is actually an interesting question. Whiz has had no problem benching underperforming players thus far. However, I don't think there is any chance at Leinart winning the spot in preseason. If Warner gets benched (which I think is a long shot) it will be after struggling in the regular season. If the Cards and Warner struggle for the first half of the season...

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Answer is simple - We would have a good starting QB.

If Warner plays we have a good starting QB, if Matt actually plays better then him then we still have a good starting QB.

good...maybe great...

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Collins would if Cutler is signed. Don't know if Tennessee is looking but the last thing I heard was that Cutler wanted to go to Chicago or Tennessee.

Even if Cutler didn't show up, I think Collins would lose his job if Young had an Epiphany and started outperforming him.