White to BOS

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure the salaries are close enough. Mills is at $6.6 million and White is $5.3 million. I'm guessing the Suns would have to throw in Harvey to make the deal work.

Right now the Suns can probably get more than a salary dump for White, much less pay for it with a draft pick. The Suns would have no problem in getting rid of White to the Bobcats if they are willing to pay the $3 million bribe.

I'd be more open to a deal if the Suns received a draft pick rather than gave one up.

OP
OP
K

King A

Registered
Reaction score
eisley cannot be traded this season anymore since he was recently traded and after the season mills'c contract is out of now i.e. he has none

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by King A
eisley cannot be traded this season anymore since he was recently traded and after the season mills'c contract is out of now i.e. he has none

He can be traded, he just can be packaged with other players.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know dumping salary is not easy, but I really hope the Suns denied giveaway one of their first-round picks just to get rid of Jahidi White. He is definitely overpaid, but he also helps a lot... especially against the big centers.

Joe Mama

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
I know dumping salary is not easy, but I really hope the Suns denied giveaway one of their first-round picks just to get rid of Jahidi White. He is definitely overpaid, but he also helps a lot... especially against the big centers.

Joe Mama

It's just more Kobe chatter. Obviously White is easier to move than Eisley which is why he keeps getting brought up. However, if the Suns do not use that cap space this year, it leaves them with a huge hole.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NO way should they give up too much to get rid of Jahidi.

We need a big center...if we give him up we either have to trade for one, sign one in fa, or get pushed around big time.

If you figure that in with us giving up say one of our 1st round picks....it wouldn't make that much sense.

Most of mills contract is being paid by insurance...but being that the rest of the season is relatively short not much more would have to be paid, and thus not much money would be saved.

We'd have more space to land kobe....but will he be available, will he be in jail, will he want to come here? If not then it doesn't make much sense to unload jahidi. If we end up getting two mid level players which can help our team next year, or three (the exception) then we already will have the cap space to achieve this w/o trading white. It really wouldn't help too much to trade him in this respect. Trading White in this way would only help us land a max contract player, and I don't forsee too many players worthy of such contracts next season.

I'd say keep our picks, and keep white.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
As long as the pick is protected ala: Clev pick I wouldn't mind giving it up.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by SweetD
As long as the pick is protected ala: Clev pick I wouldn't mind giving it up.

But why? Check the list of players I've projected will be available to the Bobcats. White is likely to be the best center available and has only one more year left on his contract. (Eldon Campbell may be made available to do a salary dump, but he is a lot older.) If Campbell is not made available, their options will be guys like Calvin Booth with a much longer contract.

Considering the need for power guys by teams like the Mavs, I think White would have considerable value this summer if he isn't snatched by the Bobcats.

Unless the Suns plan to get a center this summer, they would have a real problem with only Voskuhl and Lampe at the #5. White gives the team a physical presence that would have to be replaced.

I found it significant that Mark West mentioned their number one prioriity this summer is for a defensive and rebounding center. Unless getting rid of White helps to bring in a better center, the Suns are better off keeping him.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I'd be all for moving Jahidi if I thought it meant that Lampe would get steady PT. I seriously doubt if it would make a difference since there is plenty of reason and opportunity to play him right now. But D'A seems to view Casey as our backup for both PF and C these days.

It's just simple stupidity not to use the rest of this season to get this team headed where it should go for the long term. Playing guys out of position is no help at all for that - more likely it's worse than a waste of time. If you know squat about basketball you can't look at the Suns roster and not see the potential of Lampe at the high post, keeping the other teams C or PF occupied, while Amare and Marion/Zarko operate down low. Lampe would be well positioned to set high screens for Barbosa and JJ - and to get back quickly on defense. Why fiddle around with this makeshift offense - heck play Voskuhl at the high post and sub Jahidi for Amare so the offense stays structurally the same regardless of who is on the floor. Maybe in a year or two the guys would be able to execute it with some precision.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Errntknght
I'd be all for moving Jahidi if I thought it meant that Lampe would get steady PT. I seriously doubt if it would make a difference since there is plenty of reason and opportunity to play him right now. But D'A seems to view Casey as our backup for both PF and C these days.

For better or worse, D'Antoni wants to win and puts on the floor the guys he thinks will do the best job of winning. Barbosa is getting minutes not because he wants to develop him but because he is producing.

The big problem we have is that we don't know what is happening in practice. Is Lampe catching on? How does he handle getting shoved around? Does he use his size or does he act like an outside guy?

None the less, I think he will start seeing more minutes pretty soon.

BTW, he used Amare at center part of the time against the Sonics.