Why did we get Q again?

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's been really bad this year and I wanted to see how bad so I checked his stats..he's almost in the 20% range... Then I decided to look at how well he played other years... He's just shy of breaking into the 30's! He also posted up a lot in the past to get some easy buckets. Well with Amare here he's going to do that less. His outside shooting number are probably in the 30%. I don't understand why we payed him so much money to be here. For a little more we could have payed JJ and I think he's a much better player and he'll probably get more now then when we could have signed him before...

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Everyone knows Q is struggling.

But, the fact is, Q has made some big shots. I can recall several huge 3's that came at a critical point in several games.

No, he's not lighting the league on fire.

Everyone has contributed to the quick start.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Incase JJ would go back into his old shell. Q is a great option if he doesn't get it going I am sure we will start coming off the bench. Plus if worse comes to worse we can trade him next year.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
SweetD said:
Incase JJ would go back into his old shell. Q is a great option if he doesn't get it going I am sure we will start coming off the bench. Plus if worse comes to worse we can trade him next year.

If anybody wants him...what I'm saying is from what I can tell his stats were never good, now that he can't post up as much they'll get even worse probably unless he can improve his game.

But, the fact is, Q has made some big shots. I can recall several huge 3's that came at a critical point in several games.

No, he's not lighting the league on fire.

Everyone has contributed to the quick start.[quote/]

Many of those big shots would have meant just as much at other times during the game...he's been getting wide open shots and has been hitting very few of them...

If you were to look at his playing history and take out his posting up of smaller players what would his shooting stats be? 35%?! That's terrible I think. Especially when he is our fourth option being payed for that much. I would rather have a guy who scores less but is more effecient through his playign history...

Last edited by a moderator:

cheng

Veteran
Reaction score
depth

you look down on the bench, who would you rather play?

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are 8-2.

Q is a part of that. His scoring isn't there yet...but his defense and his rebounding have been good.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well I was thinking more along the lines of other players we could have signed..like maybe Berry? Or how about an actual center so we can use other guys as backups?

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
We are 8-2.

Q is a part of that. His scoring isn't there yet...but his defense and his rebounding have been good.

You think his defense has been that great? He doesn't seem to get too many rebounds... I'm not totally sure if he is part of our winning. I'm amazed at the + ratio he has...

sunsfn

Reaction score
sly fly said:
No he is not struggling, this is Q!
He is not going to be able to post up near as much as he did with the Clippers.
His outside shooting has never been good.
One of these days he will go on a streak and people will be raving I told you so, but soon he will not be on a streak and he will be shooting about 30% or less.

I do not think this was a good signing for the suns. (for the money)
If they would have taken one of the 2 players available with the draft pick, (Deng or Iiguoala?) they would have had another excellent player for a lot less money. They would not have gotten the experience, but play CJ who is doing quite well this year.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
You think his defense has been that great? He doesn't seem to get too many rebounds... I'm not totally sure if he is part of our winning. I'm amazed at the + ratio he has...

Yes I think his defense has been good.

I believe we are 8-2 and Q hasn't even played like he can...that's the bright side :)

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Well, let's give Q some time. He is working hard, playing D, going after rebounds and loose balls.

StatsAmare

Playin' 110%
Reaction score
Q has respect of other team, for now, but you can see teams attitude is going from, watch out for him, gaurd close on the perimeter, to , let him shoot it from there. He's ready for the bench. Like mike says, he's pressing.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Q is getting a lot of rebounds. His defense has been very good I think. He made some real nice passes as well.

I really liked everything he gave us so far except his shooting. Of course he is shooting like 80% of his attempts from behind the arc so his FG% will never be high. I think he helped to space the floor and he came up with 3s at the right times often.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Q shot 35% from 3PT last year (making 1.8 3PTers a game) - both numbers being higher than Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion...

He will shoot better :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05