Will the Cardinals really make the playoffs?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This time last year....

The Big Tuna took over the helm for the Cowpiles. NOBODY had them going to the playoffs. Oh, they had a decent defense, but Emmitt was gone, their recievers were often injured or non existent, and they had Quincy Carter as their Qb......QUINCY CARTER!!!
Truth be said, Parcells could take 22 guys and have a better team than just about any other coach WITH THE SAME 22 GUYS.

Dennis Green is that type of coach and although he's never been to the big dance,(thanks to Gary Anderson), he has won EVERYWHERE,and at EVERY LEVEL that he has coached. After years of frustration, I have come to the conclusion that coaching makes a HUGE difference.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Jetstream Green said:
Truthfully, I really don't think so but I wouldn't put nothing past Dennis Green. They probably won't but I don't think us Cardinals will really mind, why? Because, the Cardinals will no longer be a push over. The Cardinals will light a few teams up this year. McCown and the rest of the young guys will show more than a share of moments of greatness and things to come. The Cardinals will show us something we will have a hard time identifying... a pass rush... our CBs will also be asking if that is legal after the first sacks. Even if we do not make the playoffs, we will finally have reason to have hope and things will only be better in the future.

So please complain when we miss the playoffs this year by a fine line because Green would want us to. Green will demand a lot from his players and expects no less from the fans. The days of freaking excuses are coming to an end. Bad coaching, problematic front office execs and the rest are being shown the door. Little soccer guys hurting themselves jumping up and down after a gimme kick are gone. Bitter players who feel the world is against them have no place on this team, have fun Jeff Blake. Life is not fair and us Cardinal fans could care less for those who don't buy into Green's system because frankly the old system the Cardinals have had SUCKED!

The Cards are a real mystery to me going into the season. Much will depend on one of the QB's to perform upto NFL standards. If McCown does not have it we are not going to make the playoffs with a rookie backup and our other QB.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
ThunderCard said:
I am with you ! Going to the playoffs is a lot to ask, but what is great is all the B.S has finally stopped. The organization is headed in the right direction for the first time probably ever. No more two steps backwards and 1/2 step forward.

In this day of Free Agency teams can and do turn it around in one year. The greatest mystery to me is the QB. None of us have a clue how McCown will perform and if he cannot get the job done we will not make the playoffs. This is to important a position. If he does well then we have a chance. Not a big one but a chance. We continue to be very weak at the DB position and we will be eaten up if we do not make some additions in June. One of our current DB's goes down with an injury and we are already weak at the position spells big trouble.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BigRedMO said:
I am from MO, the Show Me state. I will not believe they are headed in the right direction until I see some results. My hopes have been dashed too many times by "changes made in the right direction". Playoffs are just not a realistic thing to expect. You can hope but to think it has reasonable chance to occur is not being realistic. This team has way too many question marks. Green can not line up on the field and play. Every football prediction made this year by magazines and sports shows will have the Cardinals finishing last in the West and being one of the worst teams. They will caveat that with they will be improved from last year. I think both those predictions are safe bets to come true this year.

We were a horrible team last year. We have some nice new rookies but they are rookies. Only a couple of FA acquisitions and an untested basically rookie QB. I to will have to see it to believe it. If everthing falls into place and that is a big if we could go 8-8 but that is asking a lot.

CaliCards

Registered
Reaction score
john h said:
We were a horrible team last year. We have some nice new rookies but they are rookies. Only a couple of FA acquisitions and an untested basically rookie QB. I to will have to see it to believe it. If everthing falls into place and that is a big if we could go 8-8 but that is asking a lot.

With the tallent we have, an 8-8 season is what the Cards should have ended with last season. This season, if the O-Line shows some back bone, the Cards can go 8-8; and with a little help mathematically, can get into the playoffs.

Not exactly going out on a limb here :D

Goooooooo Cards :thewave: :cards:

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mind: "No way. Too young. New coach. They need one more year."

Heart: "Sure! A new coach. Some fresh new talent. The new stadium on the hoizon. Hell yeah!"

Of course, we never really know.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
How long did it take Stoops to transform OU from Big Twelve Doormat to National Champs? Two seasons?

Green can do the same thing for the Cardinals.

But then many thought the veteran leadership of Smith and Blake, and FA loss of Plummer was going to make the Cards better last year and missed that by a mile so.....
:shrug:

Doormat? :D ouch!

Stoops made OU competitive imediately.

In 1999, his first year, when we went 7-6, We were in every ball right up to the last minute. But, to be fair, it was not just because of Bob Stoops, but really because also because of the staff he built, right down to the strength and conditioning guy.

In 1999 Mike Leech's offense electrified the football field, and Mike Stoops' fiery demeanor whipped the sooner defense into a frenzy.

Bob Stoops is a great organizer with a knack for pulling the right string at the right time. But his assistants definitely deserve part of the credit. (For 2004, we added Bo Peleny from the huskers as our new DC, hope he works out)

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
Doormat? :D ouch!

Stoops made OU competitive imediately.

In 1999, his first year, when we went 7-6, We were in every ball right up to the last minute. But, to be fair, it was not just because of Bob Stoops, but really because also because of the staff he built, right down to the strength and conditioning guy.

In 1999 Mike Leech's offense electrified the football field, and Mike Stoops' fiery demeanor whipped the sooner defense into a frenzy.

Bob Stoops is a great organizer with a knack for pulling the right string at the right time. But his assistants definitely deserve part of the credit. (For 2004, we added Bo Peleny from the huskers as our new DC, hope he works out)

OU had a strong tradition of winning and great recruiting edge over a lot of teams.

AZ has nothing like this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05