Winslow likely done for the year

OP
OP
BACH

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
CardsFan88 said:
I'd have to say he's in a much leakier boat than ricky williams. And then again ricky is able to drink the water that flows into the boat to keep him afloat because of his ever constant cottonmouth. KW2 is pretty much sol.
One difference though. I'm sure Winslow has some kind of insurance in case he gets a career ending injury. I doubt smoking pot triggers any insurance money....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BACH said:
One difference though. I'm sure Winslow has some kind of insurance in case he gets a career ending injury. I doubt smoking pot triggers any insurance money....

Yes and no, they were discussing it on radio and they said those policies typically only cover the athlete from injury while playing football. So if he blows his knee out in football, the policy pays off, but if he blows it out on a motorcycle, most of those policies don't pay for the same reason he violated his Browns contract, he's not supposed to be riding the motorcycle.

That's what they said at least.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Couldn't happen to a nicer pair of agents.....

Why, i'm sure they got their % off the top.They're not giving back any money.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BACH said:

I meant it as a joke, since they were both in sort of the same paying back bonus/non playing position. But I understand what you are saying, and the fact others above posted about insurance maybe not covering it....But either way, to be even associated with ricky williams in this way is a bad thing for a person (even though $ wise it's better than most of us)...

I think it's been a while BACH, how ya been?

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
Once players get their "Big" signing bonus, they rarely carry insurance because to cover the cost of their salary, the premiums would be outragous. Mostly that insurance is to cover specific instants in time, like a players senior year in college.

I don't believe agents get their money "off the top". I am pretty sure they get it as the NFL teams pay it out. So they got a big chunk for the signing bonus and they'll try to keep that because they weren't in breach of contract.

Huge lawsuit for the Postons.

Ricky Williams possibly may flee the country and try to keep his money without paying it back. I don't think that's an option for KW2.

The browns will probably let him keep the 1st year prorated signing bonus for last year, but will want the rest back. Like another poster said, they'll want to recover that money because they can get cap space back.

Browns are screwed. KW2 is screwed. Postons are screwed. Huge problem.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Couldn't have happened to a better group of A-Holes.

I do feel bad for the Browns and their fans though.

DS

Ladies Man
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Solider!

Attachments

• 440or.jpg
    440or.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 211

DS

Ladies Man
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Try this next time:

Attachments

• kwbikeride0012dx.jpg
    kwbikeride0012dx.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 196

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
doing something stupid is one thing... possibly ruining your livelihood and or nearly killing yourself is another.
Hmmm...sympathy for an idiot, or laughing at an idiot...cunundrum.

:biglaugh:

Red Hawk

JUST WIN!
Reaction score
Browns | Winslow Out for the Season - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 18 May 2005 16:34:17 -0700

Jim Donovan, of WKYC.com, reports Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow Jr. (knee) will miss the entire 2005 season. His station, Channel 3 News, has learned that Winslow has a significant right knee injury. Results of Winslow's MRI have not been released, but Donovan is reporting sources told him the results show an injury to his ACL. The Winslow family will not allow the information to become public.

Trey

Registered
Reaction score
Birth to 32, Phoenix. Now, enemy territory.
It's official....torn ACL

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee when he crashed his motorcycle, two sources within the league told The Associated Press on Thursday, placing his 2005 season in doubt.

An injury such as Winslow's typically requires 10 to 12 months of rehabilitation.

Winslow, who wrecked his high-powered bike while riding in a parking lot on May 1, will get a second medical opinion before surgery is scheduled, said the sources, who have knowledge of his injuries and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Although the Browns have Winslow's medical test results, the club can not disclose the nature of his injuries because they have not received permission from Winslow or his family.

On Wednesday, after conferring with his father, NFL Hall of Fame tight end Kellen Winslow Sr., the Browns issued a statement saying, ``The Winslow family has not authorized us to release any information on Kellen's condition.''

Until they are given approval, the Browns may not be able to reveal Winslow's injuries until he fails a physical and they have to place him on an injury list per league rules. Winslow's agent, Kevin Poston, could not be reached for comment.

Reaction score
I still can't believe how stupid he and and Rothlisberger are! You can make millions of dollars but yet you go out and ride a motorcycle recklessly? :eek::lame:

spanky1

Reaction score
wallyburger said:
The Wunderlic Does Not Lie! :cool:

Wallyburger,

I went to a prep school years ago whose motto was non nobis solum.......damned if I can remember what it means now!

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
CHRIS THE CARD said:
I still can't believe how stupid he and and Rothlisberger are! You can make millions of dollars but yet you go out and ride a motorcycle recklessly? :eek::lame:

Ok, what am I missing, why Rothlisberger ?

Trey

Registered
Reaction score
Birth to 32, Phoenix. Now, enemy territory.
Roethlisberger recently admitted to not only riding a motorcycle, but riding a motorcycle without a helmet. He's a grown man capable of making his own decisions, they just don't seem to always be good decisions.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Browns | Videotape Supports Charges - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 21 May 2005 06:09:52 -0700

Mary Kay Cabot, reports for the Cleveland Plain Dealer, a videotape of Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow Jr. popping wheelies and endos, a stunt where the back wheel is popped, was the supporting evidence police needed to charge him with operating his sport bike in willful or wanton disregard of safety. Westlake Police Lt. Ray Arcuri said a key piece of evidence presented to Westlake Prosecutor John Wheeler was the tape. "He was caught on tape attempting these dangerous stunts, so it was clear to us that this was more than just negligence or failure to maintain control of his vehicle," Arcuri said. "We definitely felt he was being reckless." The offense is a minor misdemeanor that carries a maximum fine of $150 with no jail time, but Winslow could have four points added to his Ohio driving record.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan