Wk 1 Arizona Cardinals @ Washington Commanders Pre-Game Thread. 8/26/23-9/09/23

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Maybe Josh Dobbs will be a pleasant surprise?
He didn't play poorly with Tennessee last year and he had 1 week to prep for his 1st game and no Henry in the back field. His 2nd game was much better and they probably would have beaten JVille, but he got strip sacked and that cost Tennessee the game.

Edit to add, that was a much higher pressure situation with Tennessee battling for a playoff spot and higher expectations, than what he's walking into in AZ.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Washington's OLine is probably the weakest link on their team. We saw some success with our first unit, with better OLines than Washington's.

I'm not saying we will see success. I just wouldn't put it past us either. I wouldn't be surprised if we got 3 sacks let's say.

Easily. Brandon Thorn ranked it the 31st worst O line in the league.

Leno, Charles, Gates, Cosmi, Wylie is not a good line.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He didn't play poorly with Tennessee last year and he had 1 week to prep for his 1st game and no Henry in the back field. His 2nd game was much better and they probably would have beaten JVille, but he got strip sacked and that cost Tennessee the game.

Edit to add, that was a much higher pressure situation with Tennessee battling for a playoff spot and higher expectations, than what he's walking into in AZ.

Interesting, thanks Ron!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Washington's OLine is probably the weakest link on their team. We saw some success with our first unit, with better OLines than Washington's.

I'm not saying we will see success. I just wouldn't put it past us either. I wouldn't be surprised if we got 3 sacks let's say.
It could happen. I have my doubts our journeyman DLine is any better, but I guess.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could happen. I have my doubts our journeyman DLine is any better, but I guess.
I'm not counting on it either. In order to have a chance of winning, it will need to happen. Since I think this is the only game that I think they have a realistic chance in the first 5 weeks, it's telling.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
There's a lot of speed in our pass rush which lesser tackles are going to struggle with.

Our problem will come against good tackles as we don't have the technique or experience, but speed is always a danger.

IF we can get Howell to turn it over a couple of times. Tipped balls, strip sack, force some bad throws... whatever.

then maybe, maybe we could squeak out a victory on Sunday.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does a 2 pt conversion count as a score? If so, the point after would too, right? Or would 2 TD's with 1 2pt conversion just count a 2 scores, or 4 scores?

Yeah but Vegas isn't being technical like that. Odds say Cardinals or any team usually goes for 1. So highly probable that 14.5 would mean 3 or more scores.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22