Wk 1 Arizona Cardinals @ Washington Commanders Pre-Game Thread. 8/26/23-9/09/23

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ron, then why is the spread only around seven points? It's not like we have KM at QB.
NFL games rarely have a spread larger than 7, plus there are too many unknowns in week 1.

I think Commanders are a team that could be very good this year and will be very motivated. I will be surprised if we don't lose 24-3

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How many would be shocked if we won this?

Washington likely to finish 4th in the East. Sam Howell is unlikely to be a good QB. He's in his 1st start as the chosen one trying to hold off Brissett, the pressure is all on him at home with the team under new ownership.

The Cards in contrast are big underdogs, they have little to lose and no pressure.

I think it would be a nice surprise, but it wouldn't be shocking.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Agreed. I think the game plan for this game and the entire season rests more on the defense and the schemes Rallis can dial up. They may be outmatched with talent, but good schemes and fundamentals can close the gap.
If we're relying on the defense to keep us in the games, we're really screwed.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've written about it a few times... Home teams haven't won by close to 3 points in about 10 years now, and the oddsmakers certainly know it!

Clicking through all that was like one of those old choose your own adventure stories.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It feels like both teams will have the same gameplan. Each have inexperienced QBs so the run game will try to carry the load. Limit passing attempts. On defense the same, stop the run and make ‘‘em pass.

Reaction score
I hope your dline is strong cause EB will protect Sam Howell early with power runs right up the gut with Brian Robinson and Antonio Gibson then start utilizing crossing routes to set you up for the Big Shot this is just the offense I haven't even started on what I expect My Defense to do to your offense..Don't focus on the Commanders being a last place team cause they miss the playoffs by 1 game being in last and had terrible I mean terrible QB PLAY last season..If Howell plays average ball against your team it will get ugly...

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Very few Cardinals' fans expect us to have much success, this year. But, you have to feel for the Washington fans IF they expect Sam Howell to be an average NFL QB.

Reaction score
Very few Cardinals' fans expect us to have much success, this year. But, you have to feel for the Washington fans IF they expect Sam Howell to be an average NFL QB.
You miss interpreted my post I didn't say Sam Howell is just a average QB I say if he plays just average against your CARDS it will get ugly for your team...

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hope for your sake (and mine, other than our game) I hope you're correct. But it does seem that Las Vegas is not in agreement.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clicking through all that was like one of those old choose your own adventure stories.
OK, here's an up to date article that will just take you one click. :lol:

Bottom line: overall, regular season HFA has been under 3 points for 1-2 decades, and has been between 1-2 points lately. It was negative (i.e. visiting teams outscored home teams) in 2019-2020.