Wk 1 Arizona Cardinals @ Washington Commanders Pre-Game Thread. 8/26/23-9/09/23

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OK, here's an up to date article that will just take you one click. :lol:

Bottom line: overall, regular season HFA has been under 3 points for 1-2 decades, and has been between 1-2 points lately. It was negative (i.e. visiting teams outscored home teams) in 2019-2020.
Interesting. But 2019-20 were the Covid years, so they might not be a true indication. It does seem that Arizona never has much of a home field advantage because their 'fans' are always looking to sell their tickets to the fans of other teams.

Reaction score
My Commanders will go from worst to first this year we have done it 3 times since 2010 MORE then any team in the NFL since 2010 I fully expect to make it 4x this season...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another advantage we have is that Teryl Austin has gone up against the Commanders defense a thousand times.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. But 2019-20 were the Covid years, so they might not be a true indication. It does seem that Arizona never has much of a home field advantage because their 'fans' are always looking to sell their tickets to the fans of other teams.
2019 was definitely NOT affected by COVID.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we're relying on the defense to keep us in the games, we're really screwed.
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if our D outperforms our O early on. Let’s not forget that a JG coached D got to the QB FAR more than any D in the NFL last year. And even though he only needed 4 to get to the QB while with Philly, doesn’t mean he won’t be more creative with the Cardinal‘s front 7. With almost zero experience, no one should be surprised if JG makes Howell look foolish.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My Commanders will go from worst to first this year we have done it 3 times since 2010 MORE then any team in the NFL since 2010 I fully expect to make it 4x this season...
I think you guys will be a lot better than expected, but playing that stacked AFC East makes things tough. If you split with every one in your division I think you can make it 10 wins. You playing the Broncos, Bears, Patriots and us makes you a prime contender be a dark horse for the playoffs. I definitely have much more faith in you guys turning things around than the Bears or Broncos.

Now if Howell is a disaster, then at the end of the season your Commanders will have won 6 games and will be in a bidding war to get the #1 pick from us.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I‘m taking Washington minus 7. I think that this Cardinals team will be worse than even any of us expect. Especially on defense

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
week 1 is the week you want to be the underdog

some whacky results always happen week 1, often not indicative of how the rest of the season will go

thats pretty much all I have for the Cards chances

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Not sure what to expect but I am certain we are a better coached team. Will be somewhat distracted as I have rotator cuff surgery the next morning. Sucks.
Best of luck. Tough surgery. Try the pulley for rehab. If you handle the pain you’ll recover full function.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m hearing smart money sats Dobbs starts. I’m hoping they’re wrong. If Dobbs, Washington 24-6. If Tune starts, Washington 31-17.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m hearing smart money sats Dobbs starts. I’m hoping they’re wrong. If Dobbs, Washington 24-6. If Tune starts, Washington 31-17.
Wow. Tune isn't 11 points better than Dobbs.

Last edited:

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's probably just as bad as Ryan Lindley but in a different way.

Clayton Tune is probably just as bad as Ryan Lindley but in the same way.
Lindley should’ve never started in a playoff game. Should’ve signed Kaepernick that year

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22