Wk 2 LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game thread. 09/08/24-09/14/24

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Only $1,332.75 per person if you max the 20, but I don't know that all 20 people would be able to watch the game at once. Another super, sharp Bidwill business move.
Yeah...if I had 25 grand to take some friends or employees to a football game...it would involve 100 dollar tickets to Vegas

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rams week = abandon all hope. The only victory against McVay resulted in them, taking K1's soul later as repayment in playoffs. Also which Cardinals fan can ever forget the Rams legend that was John Wolford smh

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rams week = abandon all hope. The only victory against McVay resulted in them, taking K1's soul later as repayment in playoffs. Also which Cardinals fan can ever forget the Rams legend that was John Wolford smh
Dang bro, you really had to bring that game up after I erased it from my memory? All we had to do was beat John Wolford to make the playoffs :rolleyes:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As long as McVay is their coach it’ll be like crossing the Rockies with an electric scooter on one charge during a blizzard no less.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Rams team is a total MASH unit. Missing its second best WR, 3/5s of its O-Line. Defense nothing to write home about.

If the Cardinals are actually making progress in their second year, this is a game they SHOULD win. It’s a home-opener against a hated rival who’s beat up. Lose this and you’re staring at 0 and who knows how bad.

Participation Trophies and Moral Victories were fine last year… I guess. In a second season, a new regime needs to start at least winning most of the ballgames they’re favored in. This is the first of those.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we’ll have actual very good success on O against them since Donald is no longer there to put the fear in Kyler.

Defensively? lmao. I doubt our DLine will get any push against their injury-riddled OL. McVay with Stafford always carves up our defense & nothing will change until he retires.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we’ll have actual very good success on O against them since Donald is no longer there to put the fear in Kyler.

Defensively? lmao. I doubt our DLine will get any push against their injury-riddled OL. McVay with Stafford always carves up our defense & nothing will change until he retires.
I still think in 2021 regular season he played them as tough as anyone. However, since the playoff game he's been shook of Donald led Rams. So yea I expect him to play better, but I'll admit that pass defense looked better than I expected.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This Rams team is a total MASH unit. Missing its second best WR, 3/5s of its O-Line. Defense nothing to write home about.

If the Cardinals are actually making progress in their second year, this is a game they SHOULD win. It’s a home-opener against a hated rival who’s beat up. Lose this and you’re staring at 0 and who knows how bad.

Participation Trophies and Moral Victories were fine last year… I guess. In a second season, a new regime needs to start at least winning most of the ballgames they’re favored in. This is the first of those.
Damn straight

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

Given the State of the Rams this is a game that They SHOULD win.

The Rams just signed Two OTs from the street to the starting roster.
The Lions completely gassed their Defense Pounding the Ball.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I remember the goal post going down Mill. I was at that game & tried all of the different flavored daquiris or whatever they were at Fat Tuesdays? on Mill. Threw up the rainbow later on early in the morning. We had just moved in to a new house as well & I didn't have keys to get in so I had to ring the doorbell to have the wife let me in. She was not happy that night lol.
That’s epic

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SMB actually had a decent game vs the Bills. No issues there so far.

Up in the top right corner is where you want to be.

Us not giving MHJ any play got Benford off to a good start. Rams CB's not so good vs the Lions.

No more Cards CB's on here, I think because they rotated and didn't play enough snaps to qualify. But Starling Thomas didn't play well, allowing 3 of 4 for a 116 passer rating.

Garrett WIlliams was better only giving up 1 catch on 38 snaps but his advanced stats aren't fleshed out yet.

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I understand the negativity around beating the Rams. McVay seems to have our number.

But this isn't the Rams that was. Only one player graded over 70 on offense on Sunday (Kupp). None of their O line graded over 62 before injuries, although granted they played a good Lions D line.

• C Beaux Limmer: 58.9
  • QB Matthew Stafford: 51.8
  • LT Joe Noteboom: 40.8
  • RT Warren McClendon Jr.: 33.6
  • LT A.J. Arcuri: 25.9
Limmer took over at center when Steve Avila went down, Noteboom stepped in for the suspended Alaric Jackson, McClendon filled in for Rob Havenstein and Arcuri replaced Noteboom after he got hurt.

Limmer allowed just two pressures, Noteboom gave up three pressures, McClendon allowed five and Arcuri allowed seven in just 33 pass-blocking snaps. His pass-blocking grade was 1.9, barely better than Noteboom’s 7.2. Arcuri and Noteboom had the two worst pass-blocking grades of any NFL linemen this week.

Fiske was very poor vs the run and didn't play well overall. They had big issues at LB with both starting LB's, Reeder and Rozeboom having poor games.

Their starting CB's are down slope Tre White, Cobie Durant and some guy called Quentin Lake. Their WR's after Kupp are Demarcus Robinson and Tyler Johnson.

This is not the Rams that was. And that was before injuries.

Noteboom was already backup LT and he's out. Avila is out. Haverstein is less than 50% to play from the tone coming out of the Rams. Dotson is day to day with an ankle injury, although I expect he will play.

Of course, all this means that is we lose at home on Sunday against a decimated Rams that this board really will hit the Dark Side, and if we win it will be put down to only being because the Rams had a lot of injuries.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Our edge rush on Sunday

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This whole video feels like when your 6 year old paints a dog and it looks like a mushroom, but you tell them it's awesome and ruffle their hair. But for those that want it here you go.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Some initial observations. On the completion to McBride on 4 minutes, which was a nice pass, Wilson is wide open for a TD. I understand that there is a mass of bodies in his eye line but my issue is that the way the Bills are lined up, and routes that he knows are being run, he should know either McBride and Wilson are going to be open. Both are far more open than McBride eventually is and he shouldn't have to force a pass in there. He goes to the left first but comes off it almost right away when all the top QB's are just deciding whether to go to Wilson or McBride. They would look at that defense pre snap and think "I'm going left because Mike or trey are going to be open here", and both are, he just comes off it way too soon. This is the kind of thing that really bothers me about Kyler, it's often not what he does do, it's what he doesn't do. I feel like Kyler is doing 90% of his thinking post snap.

The next play is the fumble. If you watch this closely you can see that the 1st read is Marv and his route is designed to turn the back of the cornerback by running past him then come back on a curl for a ball that needs to have already been thrown. But Kyler pulls it down and gets sacked when it was there, you can see just before Kyler is sacked that Marv is there waiting for the ball (5:20). I can't see where the CB is, but that doesn't matter if Kyler throws the ball where it should be with anticipation. I don't think this is a particularly hard throw for most QB's.

This is at the top of Kyler's release before he pulls it down. He should either be throwing it, or running to his left for a big gain already. There's no option where he gets to pump it. It's 2nd and 7, worse case it goes out of bounds.

This is Marv expecting the ball half a second later and Kyler is getting crushed.

But what most bothers me about this play is James Conner. At the snap no defender is wider than the left hash mark and Conner runs a slant from Kylers left shoulder into acres of space. Nobody picks him up and there is no defender at all on the left. This is a 30 - 40 yard gain if not a homer and all Kyler has to do pre snap is think "Wait, there no defender on that side and JC is running out there, my first read should be to the left". And he has a bunch of time to do that and still have time to come back to Marv if required. Basic stuff.

I still feel like the same issues are there. Reading defenses and throwing with anticipation. This is the problem I have with him. Too much focus is on what he does with his legs or the pass he had to force, but he only had to do those things because he didn't do the pre snap things good QB's do.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky