Wk 2 LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game thread. 09/08/24-09/14/24

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
No he isn't.
Yes or no, we will see. I'm hoping one week of practice with the starters will improve the play we saw from him last week, but could be just as bad.

By the reality of the NFL is that the O-Line talentpool is so shallow, that Beachum is probably an above average 3rd OT in the league.

Look at the situation for the Rams. Both OTs out and their back-ups just posted the worst PFF grades for a starting OT ever. They had to sign people of the street to the active roster

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Only for completely useless information!

That Sunday night game was epic, as was the jubilant celebration that followed. We tore the goalposts down… in Week 2. As fans carried them out to Mill Ave, I remember planting on the field, watching Tobin on the Jumbotron, doing a post game presser. It was hot as hell, but felt like heaven. 1-1… just beat the Cowboys for the first time in 9 years.

Then we lost our next 6 games en route to 1-7 and ending the season 3-13.

Good times.
We still lived in PHX then and had season tickets. What a night to remember.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We spent a week in Scotland just this past March and it wasn't nearly enough time. What a fantastic country.
I was bummed because I had a chance to go to Glasgow in August that I could afford but would have been irresponsible to do. Would have had a blast there.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There’s no way Beachum is able to hold up for a full season. The Cards need to make a move if for no other reason to protect Murray.

I was going to say I'm sure they are working hard on getting Jones up to speed but I forgot both he and O'Donnell as on IR.

They did sign Charlie Heck to the PS yesterday. He has 1300 offensive snaps in 4 years and has 21 career starts at RT.

That's about as good as it's going to get.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This game should be a Cards’ victory. I’m thinking 31-27. On offense, surely they will fix the Harrison oversight. The Rams gave up 6 yds a play against a comparable offense. If anything the Murray dimension makes the Cards more explosive. The defense needs to tighten up against the run and double cover Kupp. I’d still like to see Williams outside with DTD playing the slot. He could provide over the top coverage and put a desperately needed ballhawk on the field.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There’s no way Beachum is able to hold up for a full season. The Cards need to make a move if for no other reason to protect Murray.
Yes, and why the eff haven't we made a move? What the eff is our GM doing sitting on his arse doing nothing to alleviate the situation.

I hate to say this, but Keim got something spot on: Monti is, without the shadow of a doubt, working on a budget.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game should be a Cards’ victory. I’m thinking 31-27. On offense, surely they will fix the Harrison oversight. The Rams gave up 6 yds a play against a comparable offense. If anything the Murray dimension makes the Cards more explosive. The defense needs to tighten up against the run and double cover Kupp. I’d still like to see Williams outside with DTD playing the slot. He could provide over the top coverage and put a desperately needed ballhawk on the field.
Boy I hope you are right, but I just don't see it.

I think the Rams are going to go through the defense like a hot knife through butter.