Wk 3 of the preseason. (News without the twitter links). 08/19/24-08/25/24

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Carter is a better runner than Demarcado, but I think you guys are clearly underestimating how important pass-protection is from your RB. Not only does it protect your QB, it makes your play-calling more unpredictable as a whole.

I agree it's very important, I'm just not sure why Demercado is suddenly the only guy of 5 that can do it. DJ Dallas was a regular 3rd down back for the Seahawks and according to Seahawks media their best pass blocking back last year and also a solid receiver.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree it's very important, I'm just not sure why Demercado is suddenly the only guy of 5 that can do it. DJ Dallas was a regular 3rd down back for the Seahawks and according to Seahawks media their best pass blocking back last year and also a solid receiver.
Probably because DJ is the worst runner out of the 5.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h

Some preseason QB news: In the battle for No. 2 QB behind starter Kyler Murray, #AZCardinals will start Clayton Tune in the preseason finale vs the #Broncos, with Desmond Ridder to come in after that. It’s possible, though, that the Cards keep all 3 QBs on the 53-man roster.
Yeah. I highly doubt that. More an indication that both Could be gone if you ask me

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
DeeJay Dallas played 93 offensive snaps for the Seahawks last year.

Do you think they only had 93 3rd downs?

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
If I had my way and could only keep 4, either DJ or Demercado would be gone.

Carter/Dortch combo could handle both KR/PR. With the new KR rules, throw any other body out there for STs.

JC is going down at some point -- not having Carter when that happens would be a huge loss. IMO

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Howard Balzer
https://x.com/HBalzer721
@HBalzer721
·
52m

Reaction to report that Clayton Tune will start Sunday's game against the Broncos and that the Cardinals "could" keep three quarterbacks: Of course they "could," but it doesn't mean they will. They "could" do a lot of things.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Probably because DJ is the worst runner out of the 5.

If only he was sticking around for ST's and didn't need to run on 3rd down so he could do the pass pro you want Emari to do.

Oh wait...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
DeeJay Dallas played 93 offensive snaps for the Seahawks last year.

Do you think they only had 93 3rd downs?

No. But I think most of his snaps were on 3rd down and the Seahawks only had about 140 passing 3rd downs.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he beats out the Veteran Moore. Weaver will end up on the Practice Squad to start the season.
Call me crazy but I’d rather have the potential of Weaver even as an UDFA then stick with a guy going into his 9th season and has only managed 130 receptions and 1TD per year average in that entire time…

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering that Weaver went undrafted and has had a combined total of 4 catches so far in the preseason I'm pretty sure it's safe to say he would make it through waivers.
Still not worth the risk when you have a completely and totally mediocre Moore that you’re picking over him

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Considering that Weaver went undrafted and has had a combined total of 4 catches so far in the preseason I'm pretty sure it's safe to say he would make it through waivers.
Actually, we know that he hasn't played a ton of snaps, but what has impressed me is that he looks like a VG punt returner in addition to being a WR. You're probably correct, considering that he's undrafted, but I'd be holding my breath.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky