Wk 2 of the Preseason (w/o the twitter links). 08/12/24-08/18/24.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tyler Drake
@Tdrake4sports
·
1h
The second-team defense (with some starters mixed) just had a decent 11-on-11 showing that included Dante Stills and Dennis Gardeck “sacks.” Darren Hall broke up an end zone look for no score.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Paul Calvisi

@PaulCalvisi
·
1h
#AZvsIND kickoff session getting real:

-#AZCardinals dial up throwback pass to Dortch for explosive
-#Colts counter by busting long return
-Scuffle breaks out (DeeJay Dallas at epicenter)

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler threw a redzone int
MHJ caught a TD
Tackles had a tough tough time in pass pro the last two days.
-PHNX Crew

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Usually, I have to depend upon some of the posts to give me a laugh, but today I'm turning to the team, both players and coaches. I read so much where the player/coach describe the team's play. Goes like this. "We did a lot of good things, but also made some mistakes. But the mistakes are EASILY FIXABLE."

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler threw a redzone int
MHJ caught a TD
Tackles had a tough tough time in pass pro the last two days.
-PHNX Crew
I am starting to get very worried about the oline. A lot more worried about that than I am the pass rush.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am starting to get very worried about the oline. A lot more worried about that than I am the pass rush.
Thing about the OL is they've shown to do pretty well when they are balanced and can use play action.

Just need the defense to not have us forced to throw the ball and DE's can pin their ears back. If we can stay balanced they should be OK.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Thing about the OL is they've shown to do pretty well when they are balanced and can use play action.

Just need the defense to not have us forced to throw the ball and DE's can pin their ears back. If we can stay balanced they should be OK.
This was my thinking as well. Plus a couple of new starters means there will be an adjustment period initially.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This was my thinking as well. Plus a couple of new starters means there will be an adjustment period initially.
Right. They were shakey to start last season but gelled pretty well by week 12 or so. I would expect it to happen faster this season

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
The O line play is the only thing that matters to me anymore in pre-season on offense. Hate to say it- but really don't care who #6 WR is. How the oline gels, improves, and replaced if needed is vital for us to figure out before we get rolling in real time.

Kyler can be devastating with good protection- and looks his worst when constantly being pressured. I know this statement sounds obvious, but Kyler is not one of those QBs that can put a pass rush on their heels and punish them for coming after him hard.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The problem with the OL seems to me is that we don't know who is playing. In practice I read "the starters". In the PS games I read that "the starters" won't play. And then I look at a depth chart and read that the depth chart means nothing. So, I have no idea how the OL is doing.
I think the "depth chart means nothing" only applies to 3rd string and below. Our OL starters seem to be locked in.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky