You Would Take Carson Palmer Over......

You would take Carson Palmer over......(multiple choice)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is a multiple choice poll. This is for you to decide how Carson stacks up right now with the current starting QBs (if we started play today) in the NFL. I left off the obvious elites (A-Rodg, Brees, Peyton, and Brady) to limit the number of options.

Give me a minute to create this pool.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally read the question wrong and answered the oppisite. DOH!!!

EDIT-Super Mod to the rescue!!! My votes have been corrected.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Only picked 7 QB's. Weeden, Locker, Sanchez, Ponder, Vick, Flynn, & Gabbert.

That's it.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
I got 14:
Bradford, Freeman, Vick, Stafford, Ponder, Flynn, Smith, Kolb, Sanchez, Gabbert, Schaub, Locker, Flacco, Weeden

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
All 27 have votes so far.

Interesting...

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Partly because I voted that I would take him over all but 4 QBs because I'm a Cardinal homer. :p

I would've expected you to not participate in this poll in order to apply the DJ jinx.

Last edited:

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally read the question wrong and answered the oppisite. DOH!!!

Let me know which ones you accidentally selected and the ones that you would have selected. I may be able to fix that for you.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I like Palmer over 20 QBs on that list, the ones I ranked better than Carson are Wilson, Ryan, Eli, RGIII, Luck, Big Ben, and Flacco :)

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me know which ones you accidentally selected and the ones that you would have selected. I may be able to fix that for you.

I picked;
Russell Wilson
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Eli Manning
Robert Griffin III
Phillip Rivers
Andrew Luck
Matt Schaub
Joe Flacco

I would have picked;
Colin Kaepernick
Sam Bradford
Josh Freeman
Tony Romo
Mike Vick
Matthew Stafford
Christian Ponder
Jay Cutler
Matt Flynn
Alex Smith
Kevin Kolb
Mark Sanchez
Ryan Tannehill
Blaine Gabbert
Jake Locker
Ben Roethlisberger
Brandon Weeden
Andy Dalton

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Got him ranked 15th, behind 14 others and ahead of 13 others. This is without really considering that he's perfect for BA's offense, so in that regard, he'd rate even a little bit higher.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Got him ranked 15th, behind 14 others and ahead of 13 others. This is without really considering that he's perfect for BA's offense, so in that regard, he'd rate even a little bit higher.

I have him 14th, so I'm in the same ballpark as you.

It would have been much lower, but after watching tape from last season in that other thread, I became more confident that with a better group of receivers he will have plenty of success.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Close poll temporarily... will re-open in a few minutes. Sorry for any inconvenience.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
OK, what nut picked Palmer over RGIII?

Me. And for the same reason I picked Palmer over Wilson and Kaepernick.

I firmly believe that DCs will learn how to minimize the impact the pistol and read option offenses have in the professional ranks, forcing these QBs to become pure passers and incapable of using read options to fool defenders.

In addition, we learned last season the importance of a QB to stay healthy and on the field. When Kolb exited in Week 6, our QBs collectively threw 3 TDs for the rest of the season. RGIII has already sustained a concussion and is rehabilitating from a shredded knee. Those are two red flags for any QB whose biggest asset is being mobile.

I believe a QB that can remain calm in the pocket and get his passes out quickly and accurately is far more deadly than one who has to rely on mobility. This is a passing league, and a QB who can throw a ball into tight coverage is an invaluable asset.

Last edited:

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
Agree with this other then Stafford.

EDIT: Oh Jesus and Flacco. Really!?!?

Stafford can't stay healthy and IDK about everyone else, but his side arm throw really bothers me.

As for Flacco, look at his seasons numbers rather than his playoff performance. The other thing that bugged me was his contract. I don't think Flacco deserves it and I wouldn't be ok with him being on our team at such a high price.

Did anybody else factor in money? It's a big deal with the way I think about the game. If it's just taking QB's on talent alone, you'd have a different list. But factor in what their making, Carson beats a lot of QB's by a mile.