You Would Take Carson Palmer Over......

You would take Carson Palmer over......(multiple choice)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But what is a dropped INT?

Is it, in both his hands fully and bounces out or is it merely something where it hits one of his outstretched arms? What it means is some guys might incorrectly get 'tips' counted. Is it one person doing the analysis? Because each person might have a different threshold of what is an INT.

Why would people choose Palmer over Luck? Simple, Palmer is a better player at this point. In 3 years, probably not. Plus with Luck you have the extra 10-15 years of him playing. But as stated in this poll, it was RIGHT NOW.

So in this poll you have to understand how wide of a way people are approaching the question. If you include future years, then yes you want Luck. But for next year, most should want Palmer. There's a slew of 1st-3rd year QB's that are like that. I'd take a slightly less talented veteran than a more promising youngster any day.

Some are taking cap into considerations, some aren't. Thus some are adding to Kaep and Wilson and subtracting from Flacco and others.

Overall if approached from a pure you can have any one of these QB's for next year only, I'd much rather have Palmer than Luck and quite a few other guys.

I think you would be alone with this thought amongst almost any personnel person in the league. even if you don't include future years, give me the born leader who took a team of rookies to the playoffs on his shoulders over Palmer. add in the fact that Luck rushed for 255 yards and he accounted for 28 TDs to 22 for Palmer... again... as a rookie, with very little help surrounding him.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think you would be alone with this thought amongst almost any personnel person in the league. even if you don't include future years, give me the born leader who took a team of rookies to the playoffs on his shoulders over Palmer. add in the fact that Luck rushed for 255 yards and he accounted for 28 TDs to 22 for Palmer... again... as a rookie, with very little help surrounding him.

Wait a minute. I thought it was our new Head Coach who did that. Took a rookie QB with a 54% completion rate and a 76.5 QB rating and was sacked 41 times and a team of no no names to the playoffs.

I'm still confused. Where'd my wife put that fifth of Cardinal Kool-Aid?

EDIT: Luck's completion % was lower than Double Deuce?!?! I think my head is going to explode trying to figure all this out.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bankybruce, CardsFan88, LoyaltyisaCurse, StickManSmith

^

Crazy people.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

^

Crazy people.

Was I right about Kolb? The Leenart?

Luck had far more around him in IND then Carson had in Oakland. Carson was playing on a team worse than any Cardinals team.

I like Luck. He's still no Carson Palmer. Will he surpass him in the next few years? Most likely.

But I'm also one who sees a major resurgence with Carson this season. He has the best fit and most weapons by far around him then he ever had. Just need to improve the line.

Again, I'd take the veteran over younger player any day.

Did I mention I really like Luck. Love his intangibles?

Carson also was a #1 in this league, and he still has it, plus experience. I blame Cinci for throwing him under the bus and Oakland for trying to screw him. That's why he's here. Not because he wanted to ditch.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^

Crazy people.

I guess I should call you the NYPost. It says three votes for it, my vote no longer counts, but it still has my name in there. The second post of this thread states that.

I picked;
Russell Wilson
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Eli Manning
Robert Griffin III
Phillip Rivers
Andrew Luck
Matt Schaub
Joe Flacco

I would have picked;
Colin Kaepernick
Sam Bradford
Josh Freeman
Tony Romo
Mike Vick
Matthew Stafford
Christian Ponder
Jay Cutler
Matt Flynn
Alex Smith
Kevin Kolb
Mark Sanchez
Ryan Tannehill
Blaine Gabbert
Jake Locker
Ben Roethlisberger
Brandon Weeden
Andy Dalton

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I should call you the NYPost. It says three votes for it, my vote no longer counts, but it still has my name in there. The second post of this thread states that.

I picked;
Russell Wilson
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Eli Manning
Robert Griffin III
Phillip Rivers
Andrew Luck
Matt Schaub
Joe Flacco

I would have picked;
Colin Kaepernick
Sam Bradford
Josh Freeman
Tony Romo
Mike Vick
Matthew Stafford
Christian Ponder
Jay Cutler
Matt Flynn
Alex Smith
Kevin Kolb
Mark Sanchez
Ryan Tannehill
Blaine Gabbert
Jake Locker
Ben Roethlisberger
Brandon Weeden
Andy Dalton

So you are saying you AREN'T crazy?

But yet you are a Cards fan. :shrug:

:)

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Hell it is only between Stanton and Palmer at this point- do we have a top 10 pass game? We will find out by the Bye- one step at a time grasshoppers

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did take age and potential into consideration with my picks but didn't think about the money aspect. I do agree with Moe that it should be a consideration but I don't know that it would change my picks that much, if at all.

I'm thrilled to have Palmer as our QB because it allowed us to dump Kolb and move on from Bones. I agree (and have stated so myself) with K9 that all we needed was an adequate QB to be a winning team. Now that was before the 49ers proved that year one under Harbaugh wasn't a fluke and the Seahawks took the next HUGE step. I have to add that the loss of Horton has me a bit concerned as well.

I agree with the poster that said we would have won more games last year if Palmer was our QB. Actually I would increase the win total to at least 5 more.

I do understand those who state the lackluster career results for wins/losses and poor playoff success (Cheese for one) as a big concern to how Palmer will do as our QB.

So my plan if I'm Keim is to trade down as often as possible and focus on getting 2014 draft picks more than 2013. Load up picks and go get Bridgewater.