Suns @ Timberwolves Saturday Playoff game thread, 4-20-24 - Game 1

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, looks like I’m shorting the Suns. Just got a free $50 bet, so gonna lay that on the Wolves for the series. If we win, I lose nothing and get to cheer on and delude myself for another round. If we lose, at least I get 50 bucks for watching that.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except strangely enough, the statistics do not show him as disappointing. But for me at least, he hasn't done much in the eye test. But he has been a quietly effective player for us.

Basically I had Allen and Gordon's contributions completely reversed

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically I had Allen and Gordon's contributions completely reversed
I did as well. However, Gordon has had some huge games for us. I think he is built more for the playoffs than the regular season at his age. I hope he shows up.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I am not a big believer of most teams being able to turn it on during the playoffs. Miami was an exception. Good news for the Suns is they played well down the stretch for the most part. So maybe.....maybe....there is some legit momentum.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe when I see it. Until then y’all are the team that sucks in the fourth quarter and doesn’t value the ball and dips up and down.
Yeahhhhh… more talk is cheap. A team that’s never played together or accomplished anything has an on/off switch? With every quote, they sound more and more like they’re buying into the week of fluffing I was afraid of.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Actually, with Beal back to his best self in April, I'm not worried about our offense. If we stay focused on defense, without those switching, rotation, loose ball lapses mostly from Book and to a lesser extent Allen, I like our chance to advance into the finals. Go Suns!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Believe when I see it. Until then y’all are the team that sucks in the fourth quarter and doesn’t value the ball and dips up and down.
This is kinda my feeling, too. They need to put together a solid run through top level competition before I'll let myself be fooled again into "believing."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard