Cardinals at Broncos PS gameday thread 8-25-24

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would bet the Pro scouting department is working overtime after these PS games. I don’t think the staff feels good at all with the depth we have. I wouldn’t be surprised if we picked up a good number of new guys

Most of the guys who played today didn’t stand a chance of making the roster. It does bring up questions as to how many of these players are brought back to the practice squad.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Blount or Chacere? I know it's not a big thing, but based on Blount not playing, I'm assuming he makes the team as the 4th safety. Will we go with five (Hall)?

Reactions: PJ1

SOCALCARD

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well folks......After having watched all three pre-season games I have come to a conclusion. We suck!!! There has not been a single promising thing I have gathered from these games. Absolutely ZERO things that excited me outside of a couple decent Trey Benson runs. THATS IT. Our backup QB's suck, our backup O line sucks, we have ZERO pass rush, DB's not good, too many missed tackles and penalties.

GONNA BE A LONG SEASON FOLKS. We definitely need to pick up any pass rushers or D lineman the Broncos discard because they looked like pro bowlers compared to ours. Already down 3 starters (D Rob, Olujari and Zay) we couldn't afford to lose and I honestly see a 5-6 win team. The first half of our schedule is brutal so it may start out really ugly. Just keeping it real. Ahhh well. I guess we can at least start looking forward to next years draft. Because we will definitely have a high pick! Top five is my guess.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know it's hard, but I'm sure we wanted to finish the PS with as few injuries as possible. Think that our starting OL will be pretty good. And I know our Running game will be good, and while not sure about our WR's, there is reason for hope. Defense falls into the question mark category, but should be better than last year. JMO, but I don't see us picking too many waiver wire guys, assuming we don't hear about any surprise injuries.

SOCALCARD

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
With the 1st overall pick in the 2025 draft the A.C . Select....
Hell ya. Then we can outsmart everyone and trade out of that first pick for more picks. And miss getting a top tier pass rusher. But dont worry......We'll eventually use all of that draft capital to pick one up in the fifth round or so. That should be good enough.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ya. You are probably right. That Acer laptop with the dial up modem the Cardinals issued him must be in full meltdown mode as we speak. I'm sure we are good.
He drafted the sloppy offensive guard in the third round, a 24 years old rookie far from being ready tò play , likeky headed to PS
Same with Boston college Cb, another old rookie, not ready tò play
I expect third rounders make at least little contribution

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking that OT Jones injury will surprise be more serious than expected and he lands on IR for minimum 8 weeks

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know it’s preseason but this years games are some of the most boring games I can remember. Very uninspiring for the most part. Oline reserves are just so bad. D line reserves not far behind. At this point I’m all for one PS game next year, and just get on with the regular season
FB, I literally fell asleep by the 2nd quarter. Turned it off early 3rd.

SOCALCARD

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking that OT Jones injury will surprise be more serious than expected and he lands on IR for minimum 8 weeks
Oh hell, it doesn't matter. At this point I say we sit Murray all year. Lose every game and secure the #1 pick in the draft. Use all of our draft picks on defense and fill in the rest of the holes with high end free agents. Spend every penny of our cap space and go ALL IN for the Super Bowl next season. Who's with me???!!!!!!!

SOCALCARD

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
FB, I literally fell asleep by the 2nd quarter. Turned it off early 3rd.
I actually wasted part of my valuable weekend free time watching this garbage.......Hoping to see something promising for the upcoming season. Instead what I got was a swift donkey kick to the fruit basket. Actually that would have been more pleasant.