Cardinals at Broncos PS gameday thread 8-25-24

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I know it's hard, but I'm sure we wanted to finish the PS with as few injuries as possible. Think that our starting OL will be pretty good. And I know our Running game will be good, and while not sure about our WR's, there is reason for hope. Defense falls into the question mark category, but should be better than last year. JMO, but I don't see us picking too many waiver wire guys, assuming we don't hear about any surprise injuries.
I'm encouraged by the D line. Last season teams ran up the gut on us at will. This pre season we got stops on most and even TFL on several with very few going for positive yards.
Let's be honest...in the second half I recognized more Broncos players than I did Cardinals...he'll, we played some dudes we just signed two days ago...I'm certain they knew the playbooks and everyone knew how they were gonna react in game...

Our injuries to BJ and DRob suck...but other than that I ain't tripping on the season. Our defense and our offense are better than they were week 1 last season.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are we sure this wasn’t a route issue?
It was a vanilla play of two WR push up the field and the WR from the slot on the other side of the field drag across. All teams run and the WR never sits down on a route like that. Teams run it against us and the guy is open by 2 yards most of the time like we've never seen such a thing.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weaver was the lone bright spot. This team has little depth.
I thought Luketa and Thomas also played well and made a case for a roster spot or at least a practice squad spot.

None of the other guys who were on the outside looking in made a case for a roster spot or even a practice squad spot. I think at least half of the practice squad will be from other teams cuts.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I thought Luketa and Thomas also played well and made a case for a roster spot or at least a practice squad spot.

None of the other guys who were on the outside looking in made a case for a roster spot or even a practice squad spot. I think at least half of the practice squad will be from other teams cuts.
maybe t-d

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dan Chisnea not playing was interesting. Did he lock up a roster spot or were the Cardinals trying to hide him?

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
Dan Chisnea not playing was interesting. Did he lock up a roster spot or were the Cardinals trying to hide him?
That's a great question. Seeing him against NO, he looked like the most natural pass catcher on the field. (Didn't expect that) Outside of Weaver, no one else has popped for me.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Clayton Tune's new nickname:

Pitchy

You must be registered for see images attach

SOCALCARD

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm encouraged by the D line. Last season teams ran up the gut on us at will. This pre season we got stops on most and even TFL on several with very few going for positive yards.
Let's be honest...in the second half I recognized more Broncos players than I did Cardinals...he'll, we played some dudes we just signed two days ago...I'm certain they knew the playbooks and everyone knew how they were gonna react in game...

Our injuries to BJ and DRob suck...but other than that I ain't tripping on the season. Our defense and our offense are better than they were week 1 last season.
Sir.... With all due respect, If you saw ANYTHING encouraging about this team at any point in these pre-season games.....You may need to have not only your eyes, but your sanity checked by professionals. I am concerned about your well-being my friend.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I struggled just trying to keep my Coors Light and chicken wings down whilst watching this blasphemic attempt by the Cardinals to bastardize the great game of American Football!
Other than 2 timely turnovers, the stats were almost identical. It’s a preseason game, so who gives a rat’s a$$?? As soon as the real games start, then we can judge where this team is or isn’t.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, this defense is absolute trash. If Kyler gets this team to 8 wins he should be in the MVP conversation

Reactions: PJ1

SOCALCARD

Veteran
Reaction score
Other than 2 timely turnovers, the stats were almost identical. It’s a preseason game, so who gives a rat’s a$$?? As soon as the real games start, then we can judge where this team is or isn’t.
Lighten up Francis! Possibly have another peach-mango White Claw with a Malibu Rum chaser.