LA Dodgers @ Arizona Diamondbacks series thread. 08/30/24-09/02/24

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It was a major mistake to bring SEWALD in this type of situation
Yep… unless this is Torey literally cementing Sewald’s demise.
I can see that happening. I can Torey using this as the final straw and convincing Hazen and Hall to end it with Sewald. In other words - a Scilian Kiss!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Without Marte, Walker and Moreno, the margin for error is nil. Even when it comes to decision-making… Torey won’t say it, but his use of Sewald instead of Ginkel BETTER have been a Scicilian Kiss! Sewald better be gone for the year.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Dodgers are now 27 games over .500. It's unlikely that the DBacks or the Padres will catch them for the division - especially if the stubborn Lovullo keeps using Sewald's Folly in high leverage situations. Let's hope that the DBacks can win 2 of the next 3 to earn a split, keeping an eye on the WC prize.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
I loved the song and I love the post even though I'm not in the blame Torey camp.
lol...I had a hard time finding a word that somewhat rhymed with "ballpark" for context. However, i do believe that Lovullo has minimal skills when it comes to handling a bullpen. His use of Sewald in high leverage situations as well as some other questionable bullpen arm use (like restricting Puk to the 7th inning) has cost the DBacks several games.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol...I had a hard time finding a word that somewhat rhymed with "ballpark" for context. However, i do believe that Lovullo has minimal skills when it comes to handling a bullpen. His use of Sewald in high leverage situations as well as some other questionable bullpen arm use (like restricting Puk to the 7th inning) has cost the DBacks several games.
I'm not sure you're wrong but I try to not blame coaching as it's so difficult to know what's really going on if you're not right there with the team. Anyway, I'd have a lot more confidence in our pitching staff if Gabe was catching most days. His loss hurts us in a lot of ways but despite his absence along with that of Christian and Ketel, we've played some of our best baseball ever.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Reaction score
Hey y’all… regarding Friday’s See-wald debacle (4 runs!!) … does anyone have any idea why we keep seeing Sewald getting put in when he obviously loses games? Does he have something in his contract where he must play in a certain number of games?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake