2014 Draft morphing

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Haha when Silver said he to announce a trade before our pick, I thought it was about trading Ennis :(

HooverDam

Reaction score
We got the guy with the most fun name to say, so thats something!

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't mind Boganovic that much. I actually think he's much better than Ennis.

I'm still curious as to why we are lining up all these guards.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.nba.com/draft/2014/prospects/bogdan_bogdanovic?ls=iref:nba:draft:tracker

What Insiders say:

Luka Bassin, Assistant Coach, Union Olimpija (Slovenia)

"Besides having incredible physical attributes, a lot of knowledge and character, he is also clutch player who's not afraid of shooting the big shots. His advantage is also he's a combo and can play both 1 and 2 positions. Made huge improvement on his shooting this season. Very inventive in drives in traffic. For me, a better version of Alexey Shved."

Robert White, ProspectNext.com

"Long-range shooting and the ability to create his own shot has Bogdanovic hovering around the first round. He has shown a developing mid-range game and some passing skills. Whether he makes it or not will depend upon confidence in his ability to remain an effective finisher at the ring against better, more athletic competition and whether his mid-range and passing skills can continue to grow."

Domenico Pezzella, SportLab Agency (Italy)

"Has the size and ability to be an NBA player. His body allows him to guard shooting guards and small forwards. During last season he improved his skills as point guard especially in passing and court vision. A good ball-handler using both hands. he uses his body to attack the rim, create contact and draw fouls. Quick hands defensively and a good defender in 1vs1 situations putting pressure on his opponent. He is not explosive and he doesn't have an impressive first step for getting space. He needs to improve his skills to beat a pressing defense. A streaky shooter he needs to improve his consistency. He suffers lateral speed against quicker SG and SF."

David Aldridge's Big Board 2014: Shooting Guards | Rank: No. 11
TNT Analyst David Aldridge breaks down the top prospects at each position
Serbian guard Bogdan Bogdanovic was on a lot of boards early as a potential first-round pick, but that ardor has cooled in recent weeks. Still, the 21-year-old is likely to go early in the second round, having played both point and shooting guard this season for KK Partizan, the legendary team that sent the likes of Vlade Divac to the NBA. He can score.

"He doesn't shoot it well enough to be a two, but he shot it better this year," an Atlantic Division executive said. "Somebody went down on that team and he had to take more responsibility, even at the point. So people see him now as a point guard. It will be tough (to guard backups). It's almost like all these guys, every team has have, like (Toronto) has (Greivis) Vasquez. He's a borderline guy, or Shelvin Mack. But he (Bogdanovic) has good talent."

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 2m

Raptors keep trying to get Ennis, but Suns are holding out for now, per league source.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Retweeted by Adrian Wojnarowski
Michael Grange @michaelgrange · 1m
League source telling me no deal for Ennis to Toronto: "Phoenix wants him"
Damn it why!

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
David Aldridge @daldridgetnt · 3s
Raptors keep trying to get Ennis, but Suns are holding out for now, per league source.
Come onnnn! Let Ennis go to his hometown team!

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The 76ers got a future first to move down from 10 to 12. Not bad.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn it why!

There was a point this season when Ennis joined the conversation as one of the top few players in college. Having him on our roster isn't the end of the world. It would be kind of nice to have a true point guard able to pair with either of our combo guards. I still think we trade him but just because he has more value to Toronto than he would to us. When they are willing to open their vault, I suspect we'll be willing to deal.

Steve

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There was a point this season when Ennis joined the conversation as one of the top few players in college. Having him on our roster isn't the end of the world. It would be kind of nice to have a true point guard able to pair with either of our combo guards. I still think we trade him but just because he has more value to Toronto than he would to us. When they are willing to open their vault, I suspect we'll be willing to deal.

Steve

Right. I'm sure McD is just getting them to up their offer.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do the Raptors have that the Suns want? Perhaps a future first round pick and their second round pick in this draft.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The NBA hates Kyle Anderson. Aside from abysmal speed he's so good all-around.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Laughing that Kyle Anderson has not picked. He should of stayed another year.

HooverDam

Reaction score
What do the Raptors have that the Suns want? Perhaps a future first round pick and their second round pick in this draft.

I'd be happy w/ a future 1st and Steve Novak. Can never have too much shooting an he's on a good deal.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Initial reaction: disappointed. I don't mind the warren pick but Ennis? Maybe McDonough is milking Toronto in a trade... I hope so

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pop is gonna turn Kyle Anderson into one of the better players in this league and I'll be here to remind yall about him.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like the first 2 picks. You get a big time scorer in Warren who will give you offense off the bench and a true PG in Ennis. Don't get why people are down on Ennis, aside from explosiveness this kid can do it all. I can see him being the next Tony Parker in time, I would have said Steve Nash because of the Canadian ties but Ennis is no where near Steve Nash's shooting ability.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake