2024 3rd round pick #66 is Trey Benson RB

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This is a smear. People were asking why he couldn't get time instead of/alongside an obviously washed Zach Ertz. These questions were asked until October when he started playing.
Use the search function for Ertz washed - the results are pretty hilarious.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
This is a smear. People were asking why he couldn't get time instead of/alongside an obviously washed Zach Ertz. These questions were asked until October when he started playing.

Not an intentional smear...just calling out a rush to judgment.

The same negative talk about McBride early in his rookie season is real (its well documented if you don't remember) - just comparing it to Benson.

I won't go back and pull all the posts but if it wasn't real...why would there be a thread about it?

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not an intentional smear...just calling out a rush to judgment.

The same negative talk about McBride early in his rookie season is real (its well documented if you don't remember) - just comparing it to Benson.

I won't go back and pull all the posts but if it wasn't real...why would there be a thread about it?

Because the same hair-trigger accusers were doing a victory lap and pointing the finger at no one? For some posters, I guess either you're a pro bowler or you're a bust. This isn't even a thread where people are calling McBride a bust. Hilarious.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Because the same hair-trigger accusers were doing a victory lap and pointing the finger at no one? For some posters, I guess either you're a pro bowler or you're a bust. This isn't even a thread where people are calling McBride a bust. Hilarious.
Oh! Am I supposed to create threads titled "Tell Me Again About How Josh Jones is Not a Bust"?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
@kerouac9 @Chopper0080

You guys are too smart to not understand my original post (early McBride rookie season snap judgements vs Benson).
Yes, but it is ok to question why a 2nd round pick isn't getting snaps over a dusty vet. That doesn't mean he is a bust, just that it is disappointing he can't grab snaps from a bad player. It's the same for Max Melton and (to a degree) Trey Benson. Melton isn't increasing his snaps behind a very mid at best STV. Benson isn't increasing his snap share behind slow James Conner and pass pro Demercado. Those are concerns but doesn't mean those players are busts (yet).

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Especially with the context that we're drafting older guys that should be more ready to contribute early vs. young higher potential/bust prospects.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
@kerouac9 @Chopper0080

You guys are too smart to not understand my original post (early McBride rookie season snap judgements vs Benson).
I mean, most of what I said in the thread you bumped in January to try and raise this same concern about BJ Ojulari remains true: it's foolish to expect early production from a tight end. Tight ends historically take time to develop, even the real good ones. McBride was and is well ahead of the historical developmental timeline for the position.

That said, this is NOT the care for RBs. Here are some successful 3rd round-or-later RBs of recent vintage and how they performed in the first three games of their rookie campaigns:

Alvin Kamara - 10 attempts, 58 yards, 1 TD, 10 receptions 76 yards.
Kyren Williams - 1 special teams snap, 2 DNPs
Rhamondre Stevenson - 1 att, 2 yards, 1 reception, 9 yards, 2 healthy inactives.
James Conner - 5 att, 20 yards, 12 offensive snaps
Brian Robinson - 3 DNPs
De'Von Achane - 19 rushes, 208 yards, 4 TDs, 1 healthy inactive
Aaron Jones - one healthy inactive and 20 special teams snaps
Devin Singletary - 10 rushes, 127 yards, 1 TD, 1 healthy inactive

So, maybe it's okay he's where he is. It's a long season. I'm just commenting on why and how people are so enthusiastic about this guy who seemed pretty mid to me. :shrug:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Especially with the context that we're drafting older guys that should be more ready to contribute early vs. young higher potential/bust prospects.
Hopefully Monti learns that draftee age doesn't significantly impact the transitional learning curve from college to the NFL.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Yes, but it is ok to question why a 2nd round pick isn't getting snaps over a dusty vet. That doesn't mean he is a bust, just that it is disappointing he can't grab snaps from a bad player. It's the same for Max Melton and (to a degree) Trey Benson. Melton isn't increasing his snaps behind a very mid at best STV. Benson isn't increasing his snap share behind slow James Conner and pass pro Demercado. Those are concerns but doesn't mean those players are busts (yet).

It's so early tho...3 games.

McBride had one good game his entire rookie season (week 16) and he turned out ok.

7 of his first 8 games he had zero catches.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05