2024 NBA Draft talk: Suns own pick 22

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are limited in who they can trade because of the salary situation with the new CBA, but the format is already there when the Suns traded down for Cam Johnson and acquired Dario Sario.

The Suns could also trade down from #22 for a later first round pick along with some second round draft pick(s).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are limited in who they can trade because of the salary situation with the new CBA, but the format is already there when the Suns traded down for Cam Johnson and acquired Dario Sario.

The Suns could also trade down from #22 for a later first round pick along with some second round draft pick(s).
Tougher to trade down from 22 than 6, though. But if there’s a way to make that happen and get a legit rotation player and then hit on a second rounder from the deal, then that would be a godsend… if any of that is even possible with our second apron status.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Tougher to trade down from 22 than 6, though. But if there’s a way to make that happen and get a legit rotation player and then hit on a second rounder from the deal, then that would be a godsend… if any of that is even possible with our second apron status.
We need to add at LEAST two players who can contribute. We really need a big to go alongside Nurkic in the starting 5, assuming he's still here. A PG for the second unit, too.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I don't see how we get a legit impact player with the salaries that we're willing to able to trade way.

Nurkic going out creates a new hole, we've gotta get, at least, 2 quality players in return.

Little makes less than basically any impact vet and just about any impact young player, both types of players would not be moved for trash and the 22nd pick.

Our best odds of getting an impact player is to draft one ourselves. IMO, the floor is only marginally lower and the ceiling is drastically higher.

If we trade Little, the 22nd pick this year and our pick in 31 for... some piddly vet who would struggle to be in the rotation in May... I will lose my mind.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I don't see how we get a legit impact player with the salaries that we're willing to able to trade way.

Nurkic going out creates a new hole, we've gotta get, at least, 2 quality players in return.

Little makes less than basically any impact vet and just about any impact young player, both types of players would not be moved for trash and the 22nd pick.

Our best odds of getting an impact player is to draft one ourselves. IMO, the floor is only marginally lower and the ceiling is drastically higher.

If we trade Little, the 22nd pick this year and our pick in 31 for... some piddly vet who would struggle to be in the rotation in May... I will lose my mind.
Prepare yourself:)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the key word is "impact" player. The Suns adding an impact player is more than I expect. Hopefully the Suns can trade for a rotation player or a role player that can see minutes.

Also, the Suns may be looking for trades in October (Allen) or at the trade deadline.

If the Suns drafted Bronny at #22, it might be with the understanding he or his rights would be traded to the Lakers later on.

I'd like to see the Suns trade down and add some second round picks in the process. The new G-League team should provide some motivation.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the key word is "impact" player. The Suns adding an impact player is more than I expect. Hopefully the Suns can trade for a rotation player or a role player that can see minutes.

Also, the Suns may be looking for trades in October (Allen) or at the trade deadline.

If the Suns drafted Bronny at #22, it might be with the understanding he or his rights would be traded to the Lakers later on.

I'd like to see the Suns trade down and add some second round picks in the process. The new G-League team should provide some motivation.
If you can't trade for or find an impact player I agree with the sentiment you should be looking to stock your G-League team. There is always the hope of finding a diamond in the rough.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can't trade for or find an impact player I agree with the sentiment you should be looking to stock your G-League team. There is always the hope of finding a diamond in the rough.

I'm looking for a combination, adding a rotation player and some young players with some upside.

Minimally, the Suns need to come away with a FC and a point guard in the off season. They need to find better vet minimum players who fill needs.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
According to Gambo we need back up Center, a back up PG, and a young long wing player. There will be back up centers and PGs in free agency. Almost every team in the NBA is looking for a young long wing. That's probably where we should go in the draft.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score

Saw this in an article this am​

The Phoenix Suns Have Their Sights Set on Top Prospects For NBA 2025​

Goga Bitadze​

Nick Richards​

De’Anthony Melton​

Kelly Oubre Jr.​

Derrick Jones Jr.​

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Goga Bitadze​

Nick Richards​

De’Anthony Melton​

Kelly Oubre Jr.​

Derrick Jones Jr.​

Found the link.

Not sure how we pull those moves off. I wouldn't mind any of them and would be happy with any 2, ecstatic with 3.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

Goga Bitadze​

Nick Richards​

De’Anthony Melton​

Kelly Oubre Jr.​

Derrick Jones Jr.​

Ironically (or not), three of them are guys the Suns previously dumped.

Raindog

Reaction score
Keshad Johnson of Arizona will reportedly work out for the Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's also interesting that everyone the Suns have brought in for workouts have been universally second rounders (or undrafted) on every draft board I've seen.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's also interesting that everyone the Suns have brought in for workouts have been universally second rounders (or undrafted) on every draft board I've seen.

That's a positive since our G-League team starts next year. Shows some semblance of planning.

Raindog

Reaction score
That's a positive since our G-League team starts next year. Shows some semblance of planning.
Maybe. But not working out any first round talent seems... ominous.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've toyed with the idea of the Suns dropping a few notches in the 1st round of the draft and picking up a 2nd round pick or two for doing so.

Another idea, the Suns could attach a first round pick to Little in a trade for a lowered salaried veteran and perhaps get a 2nd round pick in return.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd