3 Concerns the Cards Have About the Upcoming Season

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Are they better than the stiffs from last season? I understand the context is “deep rotation” but in your opinion are we better or worse on the DL?

I think Collier is a "maybe" in terms of being a league average DT. If he can stay healthy.

Lopez, bless his heart plays hard, but he's kind of limited athletically. If he's starting, it's an issue. If he's a back up, then that's not the end of the world (IMHO).

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Are they better than the stiffs from last season? I understand the context is “deep rotation” but in your opinion are we better or worse on the DL?
They’re the same stiffs as last season. We put better players in front of them, which is great.

Saying the unit has leading depth in average quality starters needs more evidence to me. Having four guys who are NFL-quality players is a huge step up from where we were this time last year.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Difficult to square this evaluation with a player who couldn’t find snaps on a 4-13 team.
While true, he did see his snap count nearly double whole playing in 2 less games.

Ok, that's all I got.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think our defense will be a lot better than people are saying. I believe they are underrated.
Me too... I think the personnel changes co.bined with familiarity and growth of young players will probably jump us up to the 18-22 range... a little below average but some occasional fantastic plays

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Will be really interesting to see how Budda does this year. I love the guy and his vibe on this defense, but man unless he plays lights out- I just can’t justify that salary on a safety and would much rather use it on the front 7 where it really needs to be

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Will be really interesting to see how Budda does this year. I love the guy and his vibe on this defense, but man unless he plays lights out- I just can’t justify that salary on a safety and would much rather use it on the front 7 where it really needs to be
Depends on the young ones behind him.

I don’t believe Gannon would keep Budda if he wasn’t head and shoulders a better option than those behind him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think our defense will be a lot better than people are saying. I believe they are underrated.
When you’re starting point was close to worst in the league there’s virtually no way you can’t be better after investing multiple free agent signings and high draft picks in it.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Gannon and his D make jumps. That has to factor in getting better year 1 to year 2. His D in Philly is missed, had a lot of sacks. It's easy to say they suck but decisions are so big whether offensive or defensive. How many times has Murray just simplified and methodically made a play. How many times did the D just stay at home and play good ball. Maybe not enough, but it's been there. Nobody thought the Dbacks or Lions would ever be good. It's easy to just predict they'll suck but the difference between good and bad can be a thin line.