Alright guy's Prediction time: Cardinals vs. Seahawks

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
D-dogg, I would start Warner over Josh Sun just like you. But, all of your anit-Josh blustering ignores one fact.

Warners season-to-date QB rating is 77.something. That is EXACTLY the same rating josh had for the entire season in 04'.

Based on what we've seen so far, any argument that says it would be "lunacy" to start Josh over Warner rings hollow.

Warner should start. But, from one die hard cardinal fan to another, take it down a notch or two.

I gotta disagree here Crimson.

There is a huge difference between Warner and Josh. Don't get me wrong, I like Josh. But more often than not the offense under Josh would go three and out over and over again.

With Warner the offense actually moves the ball even if it is just by passing. The thing that has been killing this offense is the red zone problems so far. And the stupidity of not going to Fitz or Q in the end zone (which is one thing Josh could do).

Also, Josh's rating was 73.something with a 58% pass completion which was near the bottom of the NFL. While Warner is 77.something with a 63% passcompletion which is middle of the pack so far.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Redsz said:
I gotta disagree here Crimson.

There is a huge difference between Warner and Josh. Don't get me wrong, I like Josh. But more often than not the offense under Josh would go three and out over and over again.

With Warner the offense actually moves the ball even if it is just by passing. The thing that has been killing this offense is the red zone problems so far. And the stupidity of not going to Fitz or Q in the end zone (which is one thing Josh could do).

Also, Josh's rating was 73.something with a 58% pass completion which was near the bottom of the NFL. While Warner is 77.something with a 63% passcompletion which is middle of the pack so far.

A huge difference? no. not based on the first two games.

But I'm with you guys. I think warner is going to step up starting sunday.

Against the hawks, our offense is going to put forth its best effort of the year. I'm pretty confident of that.

Will it be enough? probably.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
freebyrd said:
42 to 6 seahawks, josh mccown will finish up the game :p
Please start rooting for another team!! 42-6, cmon. These teams are in the same division & know each too well for a rout to occur. This will be a close game that could go either way. I've been a Cardinal fan for over 40 yrs, so it's hard to be optimistic, BUT:

Cardinals 20
Seahags 13

freebyrd

Reaction score
Please start rooting for another team!!
how about ummmmmm, no!
i was being a bit facitious but i still expect the hags to win, the cards have shown next to nothing so far, so they gotta prove something to themselve's and to me,
freebyrd

seesred

Reaction score
Our birds tougher than their bird! Our Bird beats up their bird because of his new meaner look. We will win these game with FLYING colors.

GBR

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is "Alright Guy" and what credentials does he have to be predicting games? ;)

Seahawks by 10.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Seven thousand nine hundred forty five to eleventy seven.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hags 27 Cards 24. We finally get going a bit on offense, but our defense lets Alexander run down our throats on the opening drive. We get behind early, our offense kicks it in, but too little, too late. We simply can't hold them on the run, and can't run the ball ourselves. A recipe for disaster.

Prove me wrong, DAMN IT!!! PROVE ME WRONG, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Cards 54
Hawks 3

ok. kidding. however, I *AM* 2-0 at the games I've been to here in Seattle, when they've played AZ (and I made it to the stadium). So, my presence alone is worth 30 points.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
SeaWicks - 27
Cards - 13

Alexander runs wild... Getting to be a common theme amongst our losses. SeaHawks are better than the RAMS. Or at least this early in the season. Also better Coach...

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
31 Sehags 17 Cards. Alexander is too good of a back to stop. Bolding and Fitz will score a TD a piece.

Hawkfandyno

Rookie
Reaction score
wow, so much respect for our front line and alexander. our receivers not getting any credit???

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Hawkfandyno said:
wow, so much respect for our front line and alexander. our receivers not getting any credit???

you mean, Darrell 'I can't catch' Jackson?

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
PACardsFan said:
Please start rooting for another team!! 42-6, cmon. These teams are in the same division & know each too well for a rout to occur. This will be a close game that could go either way. I've been a Cardinal fan for over 40 yrs, so it's hard to be optimistic, BUT:

Cardinals 20
Seahags 13
Was that not the case in the 38-0 shellacking two years ago in the desert? Aren't the Bears and Lions in the same division and know each other well? Did you see their game last week? Not trying to call you out but your logic doesn't hold water.

Anyhoo...

Seahawks 31
Cardinals 17

Last edited:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
I dunno, Alexander doesnt scare me. He is a great back but the run defense of the Cards seems to be able to staop north-south type runners when they have too. It is the shifty backs that tend to give us problems. Or teams that run a lot of misdirection plays.

I dont think Alexander kills this team. But until the Cards oline does something, anything, to prove they are OK I cant bet with em'

Hawks 31
Cards 19

Damn that hurt!

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Stout said:
Hags 27 Cards 24. We finally get going a bit on offense, but our defense lets Alexander run down our throats on the opening drive. We get behind early, our offense kicks it in, but too little, too late. We simply can't hold them on the run, and can't run the ball ourselves. A recipe for disaster.

Prove me wrong, DAMN IT!!! PROVE ME WRONG, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!
Well that's a pretty accurate assessment of how every Seahawk game goes except for the part where you fall short. That's the only part they like to leave as a surprise so that every Seahawk fan in America can enjoy their blood pressure every Sunday.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
Well that's a pretty accurate assessment of how every Seahawk game goes except for the part where you fall short. That's the only part they like to leave as a surprise so that every Seahawk fan in America can enjoy their blood pressure every Sunday.

Lol It's hard to be a fan sometimes, eh?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
Was that not the case in the 38-0 shellacking two years ago in the desert? Aren't the Bears and Lions in the same division and know each other well? Did you see their game last week? Not trying to call you out but your logic doesn't hold water.

Anyhoo...

Seahawks 31
Cardinals 17

Arizona didn't have an NFL team in 2003.

Hawkfandyno

Rookie
Reaction score
SeattleCard said:
you mean, Darrell 'I can't catch' Jackson?

I posted this stat before, and i know its still early, but.

Seahawks
T-7 Alex Bannister: drops- 1 (IR)
T-7 Bobby Engram: drops- 1
T-7 Darrell Jackson: drops- 1
Team total- 3

Rams
T-7 Kevin Curtis: drops- 1
T-7 Torry Holt: drops- 1
T-7 Steven Jackson: drops- 1
Team total- 3

49ers
T-7 Otis Amey: drops- 1
T-7 Kevan Barlow: drops- 1
T-7 Arnaz Battle: drops- 1
Team total- 3

Cardinals
T-1 Bryant Johnson: drops- 2
T-1 Charles Lee: drops- 2
T-7 Adam Bergen: drops- 1
T-7 James Jackson: drops- 1
Team total- 6

like i said, its early....but this is a new year, with few changes to our WR corp.