Amare calls out Nash

Reaction score
.He basically said that he share's part of the responsibility, but that there's only so much he can do because he's not the captain of the team and he cannot do the things that captain is supposed to be doing..The thing that I find ridiculous is his "It's not my job to rally the troops."If you want to be considered a Kobe/LeBron caliber player, you have to lead the team ON AND OFF the court; he's not doing the first, and he doesn't want to take responsibility for the second

Last edited:

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he is calling anyone out, then technically it would be both Nash and Hill who are co-captains.

Here's the actual quote:

"Half the time, it's pretty much on me," Stoudemire said. "But I'm not a captain. So you can't put too much of the blame on me. It's not my job to rally the troops and get everybody on board. It's the captains' job to do that. I pretty much play my position. I go out there and play hard and try to lead us in scoring and try to do the intangibles. I try to get better defensively, and I have gotten better defensively."
It's funny, I would have thought the captain-thing is mostly a symbolic thing, yet he seems genuinely upset not being voted as one. And I thought it was every player's job to try to motivate each other, as it is in everyone's best interest.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/02/06/20090206spt-suns.html

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Steve Nash has been in my dog house because of his mid-tier play as of late. But I will say this about Nash he has apologized to himself and the fans and I think he's ready to assume more of a role under Porter's System. I can live with that.

But Amare seems to be progressing in selfishness daily. I really think that he's the poison that is hurting this team.

Also, I'm not too keen on Porters "System."

I really don't know what philosophy is involved with his system but he better right the ship or Kerr is gonna let him go.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I wonder what will happen to Amare's restaurant downtown when he's gone

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Amare has been a little bitch about not being named captain since the beginning of the season. Heres a tip if you wanna be captain, Amare.

GET BETTER!!

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
If he is calling anyone out, then technically it would be both Nash and Hill who are co-captains.

But--even more obvious--don't forget Shaq. In Coro's column yesterday:
"Stoudemire was a captain last season but the players voted for Grant Hill, Steve Nash and Shaquille O'Neal as captains for this season."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The comment below by Steve Nash is pure class. If Amare felt the same (not just verbalization) the Suns would be a much better team. I don't see Nash, Hill and Shaq backing away from responsibility. Hill has really stepped it up very quietly. Amare could learn a lot by watching how Grant Hill moves without the ball.

"Of course I want to be here," Nash said, noting that he heard about a Yahoo report that he was "untouchable."

"I love playing here. I want to see it work out here. I apologize to the fans that it's been a tough year. It's killing me, and I'm sure it's really hurting the fans. I want to see a positive outcome and a resolution to the trouble."

From Paul Coro article of azcentral dated February 6th, 2009.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/02/06/20090206spt-suns.html

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Or to quote Terry Porter:
Responding to Stoudemire's claim that he has been blamed excessively for the Suns' struggles, Porter said: "To whom much is given, much is expected."

Errntknght

Reaction score
Porter can dwell on that quote when he gets canned - as applied to himself, that is.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
Amare didn't call out Nash anymore than he called out Grant Hill or Shaq. He was making a point that he wasn't the captain so not everything is his responsibility. Peroid. Cut. Print.................Media Spin......................."Amare calls out Nash"

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
Porter can dwell on that quote when he gets canned - as applied to himself, that is.

Yes, the sword definitely cuts both ways. I wouldn't be talking too much to the media right now if I were on the Suns. They are rabid for dirt or willing to stir up some just to see what'll happen.

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
Amare, if you want to be nominated for captain, why don't you act like one? He is a real team player. "It's no my job"...What a shame.

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
real bad attitude shown by amare....
getting disappointed and wont be suprised if he gets traded