Amare - Likely Destinations

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If those 2 HoopsWorld deals (chicago and detroit) are really the best Kerr can do he needs to throw himself out of his window at USAC, they're awful.

I think it's more then that. I think most teams know about Sarver wanting to cut payroll. I think most teams know that the Suns are dissapointed with Amare's play.

They are going to use that as leverage to low ball the Suns if possible.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I think it's more then that. I think most teams know about Sarver wanting to cut payroll. I think most teams know that the Suns are dissapointed with Amare's play.

Yeah, they know all that but they also know they are competing with several other teams for an All Star PF. If they want Amare they believe he will return to form in a new system and they will pay appropriately.

Sarver must have some experience playing both ends against the middle.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
I'm tired of this. You guys have unrealistic optimism upon Amare's actual trade value ...

HooverDam

Reaction score
I'm tired of this. You guys have unrealistic optimism upon Amare's actual trade value ...

And you think Joakim Noah isn't awful so we'll have to agree to disagree.

EDIT: Perhaps awful is an overstatement, he's fine as your number 9 guy or so, but not someone you want to build a big trade around or a team around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree that some people do but you are seriously undervaluing Amare if you think he is only worth Noah??? Sounds like you're the other extreme. There are still alot of teams out there that would love a high powered offensive PF.

It's Kerr's job to pit those teams against each other in a bidding war. If Kerr was to make that terrible of a trade then he deserves to be fired right along with Porter.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score

Exactly, throw in the face that Amare is probably going to opt out in 2010 unless he is on a team he "approves".

Point is, the Suns arent going to get the type of package they should in an Amare deal for multiple reasons.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05