Anyone heard anything on Roger 's injury

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
I know he was hurt in the world bowl but have not heard anything since. He should have a good shot of sticking this year.

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
I read somewhere it was a toe injury. Not as bad as turf toe, but worse then an ingrown toenail. No surgury...... Strained big toe?

The time off the field should help him recover from the over 200 carries he had in Europe. The Cards havn't released him..... thats a good sign.

Big Red Line

Veteran
Reaction score
Like most of us, I'd like to see Roger be a "find" for the Cardinals. I watched the World Bowl and saw him limp to the sidelines. His injury didn't seem too serious, but sometimes a toe malady can linger. As for his running ability when healthy, he excelled at the cutback. Often it seemed that the defense couldn't learn not to overun to the play to the left, so he cut back right into what was usually a wide, wide hole. I've seldom seen that big a hole in the NFL. Sometimes the same thing happened two or three plays in a row. Additionally, once past the line of scrimmage, he often ran through tackles. I couldn't decide whether he was hard to bring down or the tackling was inferior. Maybe a little bit of both. Honestly, though I am a passionate fan who always hopes for the best when it comes to the Cardinals (imagine what that's been like for 40 years!), I don't know what to expect from Roger. Seems like a good fellow and a hard worker. Defenses in the NFL are fierce, tough, fast, and smart. They won't be so easy to deceive on that cutback play. At least the holes won't be so huge. But Roger is quick and fast. Oh well, something else to witness in the coming year. Here's hoping!

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second Deck said:
I know he was hurt in the world bowl but have not heard anything since. He should have a good shot of sticking this year.

In the Tribune this morning Urban said he missed practice due to an ankle sprain. He did not say if he'd be ready for camp. I would guess he would be.