Arizona Diamondbacks @ SF Giants series thread. 09/03/24-09/05/24

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One run lead. The thought they had the game one and relaxed. Tori misused his bullpen really sloppy play by the lackadaisical D-backs.

We need Gabby back. ADC HAD A NICE RUN, BUT HE’S TURNING INTO A LIABILITY.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Torey is the definition of insanity - he keeps trying the same bullpen moves every game and hoping for a different outcome. He won't get a different outcome using his best reliever for one freakin' out. Absurd. Welp, Torey is trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory tonight.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Hazen got Puk but failed to get a another quality arm like San Diego did
Geez dude… I’m convinced you expect your GM and Manager to have the ability to look into the future and watch it play out before it all happens…
Do you think Hazen, Torey and even Hall just don’t expect Sewald, Thompson, Martinez to collectively collapse? What would’ve led them to believe this??
He picked up Puk, Floro, Bell and Guillorme…
Who would you have wanted to give up in order to get another reliable bullpen arm? Who would you would’ve wanted him to sign off another teams’ scrap heap?

It is clear they’re now gonna have to rely on Puk more heavily. Mantiply has been good enough…

But damn.. you are THE Monday Morning QB!
If you can only catch the ear of Hazen in the off season and give him your directions, this team would be perennial World Series champs! :D

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SEWALD was trash before the trade deadline. Neither Thompson nor Martinez had any closer experience and they have struggled in that role.

San Diego got the best reliever available

And it’s not Monday morning, quarterbacking if you’re calling it during the game and you can see what’s gonna happen

Explain to me why Tori is so afraid to use AJ for more than one or two batters?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
SEWALD was trash before the trade deadline.

Explain to me why Tori is so afraid to use AJ for more than one or two batters?
The expectation was that Sewald would mirror his 2023 performance upon his return off the IL. I trust Hazen and Torey who have just a tad more info and insight at their disposal, than you…

As for Puk, he too has never been a closer.
Torey, like virtually ALL MLB Managers, tries to play the Righty-Lefty match-up odds…
And, similar to Sewald, Torey has on-the-ground, direct data regarding the Puk situation.
There are likely very good reasons why Torey is using Puk in the manner he’s been used.
That said and given the colossal failures of just about the entire pen, I would expect things are about to change and we’re gonna see more Puk innings, Righty-Lefty be damned…

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
L

Arizona Diamondbacks | Stats & Info
@DbacksStatsInfo
·
2m

Have yourself a night #Dbacks OF Randal Grichuk (3 for 5, 3 R, 2 HR (8), 3 RBI). His first multi-HR game since 9/6/22.

Grichuk continues to pound LHP (.308, 4 HR, 26 RBI, .483 SLG).He is 9 for his last 15 (.600) w/ 8 R, 22 TB, 4 HR, 9 RBI and struck out just once

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Good Zac or Bad Zac tonight? We haven't seen 2023 Good Zac for a while, so I think he's due. Win the series tonight against a 5+ ERA Giants pitcher. Offense needs to be on fire tonight!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Good Zac or Bad Zac tonight? We haven't seen 2023 Good Zac for a while, so I think he's due. Win the series tonight against a 5+ ERA Giants pitcher. Offense needs to be on fire tonight!
I'm convinced Zac Brown will show up, not Zach Gallen. What should be a no-doubter will be another nail biter.