Arizona's #1 Problem: Dennis Green

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I'll be 40 in a few weeks myself and yeah I'd like to see more than 1 playoff win in my lifetime so I agree. It's not Greens' fault for the past of this franchise but if it's fair for him to bring up the Vikings 1998 season as proof of his expertise then it's fair for me to use the Cards losing legacy against him.

He was given a lot more rope to hang himself than most Cardinal coaches get, Joe is right he wasn't given the money(excess caproom, cheap assistants) but as Walt has said before he had months to hire his OL coach and he hand picked Wylie, and then fires him a couple of months later. That tells you he did a bad job of interviewing if Wylie was so bad that he had to fire him that fast. Remember when I was complaining about the hiring of hargrave and people said so what he's not going to hurt anything, but it's an example of spending money where Green wanted to spend it instead of where it might have helped the team (get a better OC or better OL coach etc).

I'd be find with Green as GM if he hires a real coach but I have this fear he'd find some guy that has little experience and is basically a puppet instead of hiring a real qualified coach.

Russ, you hit the nail on the head. Us older folk just see things as they are.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
NavyVet said:
reverse BIM: They're both correct, although deja vous is the original spelling and deja vu is the american english bastardization

Well eventually SOMEBODY had to spell it right

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan