Atlanta Draft Pick Watch

Texsun

Reaction score
We are almost to the all star break and the Hawks are only 1 game out of 9th place and into to lottery. At least they are consistent!!

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I hope this kidd trade inspires the nets to shut the hawks out of playoff contention.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hawks have a 5 game west trip after the break if they survive they could be ok, or they could get buried as a result of it.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nba&id=atl&tid=2332041&lid=5

There's another one too, this one has a quote where jj was saying he was anxious before his last shot, and one of the hawks fans calling him out and referencing nash among others in saying....are they anxious during a last second shot? lol

Also it seems the hawks have played fewer games (3-4 less) than other nba teams, so they have more opportunities to up their win total then those around them. At this point 9-13 is a legitimate range. Hopefully they'll tank in the 2nd half because they'll play more games in a shorter time, at a time when most are jockeying for playoff position. If they are running jj around that much, he could wear down. I believe things like this could cause the hawks to end the season pretty badly. Playing some western conference teams soon a plus :)

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hawks now out of the playoffs (for the time being) and the pick would be 10th if the season ended today.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
If we could get the 9th pick I would be absolutely ecstatic. We seem to have luck with that #9.

I mean, it's no #3, but whatchagonnado.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Keep your eye on the hawks this week as they get slaughtered in a western conference road trip.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
Keep your eye on the hawks this week as they get slaughtered in a western conference road trip.

Yep. It begins! Honestly, it's just win/win for the Suns tonight as the Hawks face the Lakers. If the Lakers win, it helps the Suns' draft pick, and if the Hawks win, it helps our playoff seed. :D

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Philly and NJ have passed them up. 11th lotto pick and improving every day. Now they are battling with Chicago for the 10th spot, with games in Utah and SA coming up!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
awww come on warriors how the heck do you let the hawks beat you at home :(

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
The East is pathetic. How can a team be 10 games under 500 and yet only 2 wins away from being a playoff team?

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
There's no issue between record, playoffs, and draft lottery is there?

Like, Atlanta could be in 5th place in the East but still land the 5th pick in the lottery if the east becomes absolutely horrible and luck is on our side.

We should only be focusing on their record and not their conference ranking.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There's no issue between record, playoffs, and draft lottery is there?

Like, Atlanta could be in 5th place in the East but still land the 5th pick in the lottery if the east becomes absolutely horrible and luck is on our side.

We should only be focusing on their record and not their conference ranking.
Huh? Playoff teams don't participate in the lottery.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
The playoff teams all get the last 16 picks of a 30 pick first round draft, regardless of the entire leagues teams records.

So if the hawks make the playoffs, we would most likely get the 16th pick if they were 8th in the east.

Completely nonsensical when you take into account the west/east record disparity. As usual with the nba.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Hawks fired their head coach today. Hopefully they don't have one of those new coach honeymoon surges.

I like how the Hawks coach wanted to draft Paul or Deron Williams. The GM drafted Marvin Williams. Today they fired the coach but the GM is still there.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
The Hawks fired their head coach today. Hopefully they don't have one of those new coach honeymoon surges.

I like how the Hawks coach wanted to draft Paul or Deron Williams. The GM drafted Marvin Williams. Today they fired the coach but the GM is still there.

Pretty sure they didn't fire Cleveland.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05