Barbosa Blames "Flop Artist" Ginobli

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
I'm not really sure about Peja, but I couldn't think of any other SF who really flops a lot.......maybe Van Horn?

Iverson is on the ground more than any other PG in the league. Some of it is legit, but most of it is overexxageration of contact and he does it on offense and defense.

Reggie Miller was a master of it.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Reggie Evans is a great candidate. In fact I think he could give Nowitzki a real run for his money. Or restrict the lineup to active players, take out Divac, and move Nowitzki to center.

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Reggie Evans is a great candidate. In fact I think he could give Nowitzki a real run for his money. Or restrict the lineup to active players, take out Divac, and move Nowitzki to center.

Good choice.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
Shawty said:
Not only did I NOT deny he overexaggerates contact but I directly linked his tactics to Dirk. If you do not believe that Dirk does it then YOU are misguided. Dirk will OFTENTIMES slide across the floor on contact, flail, throw himself in the direction of the contact, etc. Whether or not this is at the expense of others is in the eye of the beholder. Yes, I've seen Dirk slide across the floor! Could he have hurt someone? Perhaps. Know what the chances are of that happenin'? Slim. But I didn't cry about it. He's simply doin' the smart thing and usin' the refs. Do I hate to see it? Yes. When I'm pullin' for the opposition (which is 99% of the time when the Mavs are playin'). I REPEAT Manu and Dirk have similar techniques in this area. Could be the European play. Both played in Europe and if you've ever watched them play ball there is a lotta' OVEREXAGGERATION (In Suns fans' opinion: Floppin').

Stalemate. . . I'm not gonna argue degrees of flop w/ you. I just know that Manu's flopping has injured atleast two people thus far.

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
greensborohill said:
I just know that Manu's flopping has injured atleast two people thus far.
At least the Suns fan had a basis for a case. Your "two" people is inaccurate. Dirk was not hurt due to ANYONE'S "flopping". Stop makin' yourself look crazy. Did you even see that play? Ridiculous!

NugzFan

Registered
Reaction score
Shawty said:
:biglaugh:A Nugget fan tryin' to empathize. THIS SHOULD BE GOOD. This THREAD GETS FUNNIER BY THE MINUTE. WHERE ELSE CAN YOU FIND A NUGGET FAN AND MAV FAN DWELLIN' TOGETHER HARMONIOUSLY TO MALIGN MANU? This is the greatest forum in cyberspace!

its easy to empathize because ive seen it a millino times. are you going to make excuses for manu's flopping? classic. :biglaugh:

NugzFan

Registered
Reaction score
cant wait til the day manu flops and hurts himself. thatll be freaking awesome. :thumbup: :biglaugh:

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
NugzFan said:
its easy to empathize because ive seen it a millino times. are you going to make excuses for manu's flopping? classic. :biglaugh:

Classic. As if the McNuggets are without fault. Are you mad becasue Manu was instrumental in bumpin' your team in the frist round? Let's talk about your underachievin' PF Kenyon Martin who leads a cast of hackmen. Don't worry. When Manu plays Denver, he never has to exaggerate a thing.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
Shawty said:
At least the Suns fan had a basis for a case. Your "two" people is inaccurate. Dirk was not hurt due to ANYONE'S "flopping". Stop makin' yourself look crazy. Did you even see that play? Ridiculous!

Did YOU see the play? I know I did, and it looked pretty cheap to me. Why do you continue to argue? I think Manu is the first person in history to injure someone by flopping plain and simple.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
Shawty said:
Classic. As if the McNuggets are without fault. Are you mad becasue Manu was instrumental in bumpin' your team in the frist round? Let's talk about your underachievin' PF Kenyon Martin who leads a cast of hackmen. Don't worry. When Manu plays Denver, he never has to exaggerate a thing.

LOL, I agree, Denver's front line players are a bunch of hacks, but there is nothing really dirty about them.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hey, Lakeshowman, can you kindly show these gentlemen how to interact on another team's messageboard?

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
greensborohill said:
Did YOU see the play? I know I did, and it looked pretty cheap to me. Why do you continue to argue? I think Manu is the first person in history to injure someone by flopping plain and simple.

Of course you think that. I digress. Congrats you actually ended up addin' proof to a large portion of my argument.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
Shawty said:
Of course you think that. I digress. Congrats you actually ended up addin' proof to a large portion of my argument.

And ofcourse you wouldn't think that, which adds proof to my arguement! Do you want to stop now? This is out of hand.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Maybe to join the former suns thread, we can have a Mavs, Spurs and Nuggets thread? :D

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
boisesuns said:
Maybe to join the former suns thread, we can have a Mavs, Spurs and Nuggets thread? :D

Hey man, I gotta keep up w/ what the fans of the other contenders are doing. . .

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
greensborohill said:
Hey man, I gotta keep up w/ what the fans of the other contenders are doing. . .

We are talking about Floppers, and not much else latley it seems :D

goo

Reaction score
manu motherflopper, flop you

Last edited:

nowagimp

Reaction score
greensborohill said:

If you want to keep up with the fans of the other contenders, its probably more informative on their message boards. Seriously though, I can't blame Manu for flopping, its been so productive for him. He is the best, Vlade included. He is the best because he gets so many calls from flops that look like flops, not from flops that look like fouls. He even tosses his hair like a model or something. I hope the NBA refs, a rather pathetic group when it comes to detecting flops, wises up. If not, we may have to invent a new stat like SFF, steals from flopping. There also could be a stat PDFF, players disqualified(6 fouls) from flopping.

NugzFan

Registered
Reaction score
Shawty said:

oh please. dont change the subject. kmart? wtf? manu flops and its stupid/cheap. he and the spurs beat us, i accepted it and moved on. how does that change the current topic at hand? it doesnt. typical whining homer.

NugzFan

Registered
Reaction score
greensborohill said:
LOL, I agree, Denver's front line players are a bunch of hacks, but there is nothing really dirty about them.

camby is a hack? interesting.

NugzFan

Registered
Reaction score
greensborohill said:
And ofcourse you wouldn't think that, which adds proof to my arguement! Do you want to stop now? This is out of hand.

exactly - ive never seen so many pathetic excuses for FLOPPING. :biglaugh:

jibikao

Reaction score
147 posts already?

Make it 148! lol

I didn't read the whole thing but the conclusion is Manu is VERY DIRTY player. Too bad we don't have ways to punish him.

Good for Spurs though. You gotta have dirty players to win games. Do we have any at all??

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At work so here's my (brief) $0.02.

Is what Manu does illegal? No
Was hurting Barbosa deliberate/malicious? No
Is flopping to the extent that Manu does against the best interests/'spirit of the game' (a cricketing term)? Most everyone would agree.

If that's the case (and i can't see how you could argue against it) then do people have a have a legitimate gripe about what Manu has done to Barbosa and what he may do to others? Absolutely.

Manu's overacting endangers other people becuase it is inherently reckless (ie. it completely ignores the safety of others).

If a rule were introduced to circumvent such 'overreactions' via the calling of a 'foul' (where the 'foul' would be determined by the referees' better judgement at the time of the 'overeaction'), Manu, and any other 'flopper', would be less inclined to overreact on this basis. Such actions would be considered counter to the 'spirit of the game'.

The introduction of said rule is, IMO, is the only fair resolution to this issue.
(Which , incidentally, implies that I consider Manu an overreacting biznitch that should be man enough to take the hits. But I am a suns fan...)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05