Bell,Diaw,Singletary out....Jason Richardson,Jared Dudley,'2010 2nd rd pick in

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I got the azcentral text message while in the grocery store and my reaction got quite a bit of shocked bystanders :)

GOODBYE Boris Freaking Diaw!

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
This is probably about the same as the Pau trade if not worse. Gasol is a much better player than JRIch but Memphis got a much better deal than Charlotte. Charlotte got two below average players, no cap relief, and no draft picks or prospects. This was a disaster for the Bobcats.

I have looked... and I am wondering... Where are all the Collusion threads and the comments how Stern made this happen for the NBA? Oh yeah, and the this had to be a crooked deal because how can you possibly justify trading an all star for two packs of cigarettes and a piece of gum?:)

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I believe it was richardson once or maybe even twice who absolutely LIT OUR TEAM UP back when he was on golden state if I recall it all correctly. Now he is on our team.

How does being a very dangerous team taste now for the suns?

Ohhh it tastes so good!!

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Hahahaha at all the angry lakers fans!

Isn't very fun when it's not your team getting all the freakin' breaks in the west is it?

BTW, we still haven't matched your double whammy so you are STILL not one to talk about getting lucky.

Not just gasol but you got Dfish for completely free too screwing over the jazz, or you suddenly can't remember that now?

Give me a break..:rolleyes:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I believe it was richardson once or maybe even twice who absolutely LIT OUR TEAM UP back when he was on golden state if I recall it all correctly.

Opposing wings light up the Suns with such regularity, it's impossible to keep track. However, I'd be very surprised if Richardson wasn't on the list.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Hahahaha at all the angry lakers fans!

Isn't very fun when it's not your team getting all the freakin' breaks in the west is it?

BTW, we still haven't matched your double whammy so you are STILL not one to talk about getting lucky.

Not just gasol but you got Dfish for completely free too screwing over the jazz, or you suddenly can't remember that now?

Give me a break..:rolleyes:

Lighten up...

Who's angry? I think it's great for your team and great for the division rivalry. And lucky is one thing. Last year you were screaming foul and collusion. It's funny now that the shoe is on the other foot... it's luck. I took a lot of crap last year for defending the trade as well as saying Marc Gasol was the prize so I am entitled to rib you a little.

Again, I think it's a great trade for you guys. Congrats!

As for Fisher. Nobody screwed over the Jazz. Nobody held a gun to their heads. They released him. Simple as that. If you think there's a screwing, then they screwed themselves.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lighten up...

Who's angry? I think it's great for your team and great for the division rivalry. And lucky is one thing. Last year you were screaming foul and collusion. It's funny now that the shoe is on the other foot... it's luck. I took a lot of crap last year for defending the trade as well as saying Marc Gasol was the prize so I am entitled to rib you a little.

As for Fisher. Nobody screwed over the Jazz. Nobody held a gun to their heads. They released him. Simple as that. If you think there's a screwing, then they screwed themselves.

today's trade (like the Gasol trade) was highway robbery and I LOVE it!

and I agree with you on the Fisher thing. crying foul over that one doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
This just came outta nowhere, it seemed Bell and Diaw were going to be here a lot longer. I am more shocked we traded Diaw because of our lack of depth in the front court now.

I just hope this pans out, I wonder if Diaw will go to NY with D'Antoni....

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
today's trade (like the Gasol trade) was highway robbery and I LOVE it!

and I agree with you on the Fisher thing. crying foul over that one doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Again, I was just doing a little ribbing. Highway robbery or not, lucky or not, there was a lot of talk on here about the Gasol trade being completly shady with Sterns being involved etc. Funny how perspectives change.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Pinch me I must be dreaming.

Kerr must have some dirty pictures of Larry Brown and Jordan to have this trade take place.

Diaw (million dollar talent, nickle head) and his horrid contract as well as Raja Bell (who's basically done) for an incredibly talented SG in Jason Richardson. Plus we don't give up draft picks and get one instead. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

The only this trade ends up anywhere close to decent is if Larry Brown can get Boris out of his shell. Good luck with that

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Lighten up...

Well said, last year all these same people were yelling at us Laker fans saying the Gasol trade was some how Rigged. Now the Suns get an all star for a couple garbage players and all is well, whatever.

On that note though, are any Suns fans concerned about the fact that Porter was supposed to change the philosophy of the Suns but this move seems to counter act that goal? Wasn't Porter going to stress defense for the Suns? How does getting J-Rich contribute to that end?

Don't get me wrong, If I were Kerr, I would have pulled the trigger on this too. You guys are getting a great offensive player and you'll put up some serious points, no doubt, but is anyone concerned that this trade seems to go against the very philosophy that Porter has been stressing since the offseason? Do you think this puts Phoenix in the championship hunt?

Either way, congrats to Suns fans. For what it's worth, you guys have suffered enough with the moves of the Suns front office, and if anyone deserves a little celebration it's Suns fans.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Weren't we trying to implement a more defensive style? Richardson is all about offense, that just throws me for a loop...plus now they have to implement two new guys into the system and that takes time.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
There could be a big argument about the fisher thing (again) which I don't want, but I will just say that one thing you cannot argue is that the lakers basically got fisher for free due to certain circumstances. That to me easily counts as being very lucky from the lakers side of it.

Bad things happen, yes, but besides that the lakers got a steal of a deal because of it. You cannot just wipe away getting lucky because it happend under a players arbitrary out of basketball circumstances. Well I guess that is in my opinion.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Again, I was just doing a little ribbing. Highway robbery or not, lucky or not, there was a lot of talk on here about the Gasol trade being completly shady with Sterns being involved etc. Funny how perspectives change.

It seemed so lobsided and the fact that the Griz only contacted the Lakers about Gasol, there was plenty of reason to think that way at the time.

With this trade going on as well, I'm starting to think that there are just alot of moronic GMs in the NBA.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Just checked sports news and... WOW!

Some shook up!

I like the trade... most importantly, we got rid of Diaw!!!

Bell has been pretty inconsistent last season and a half.

WOW again! I never thought Kerr could pull off something like this.

Why would Bobcats make this trade? Is something wrong with Richardson's knees?

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
There could be a big argument about the fisher thing (again) which I don't want, but I will just say that one thing you cannot argue is that the lakers basically got fisher for free due to certain circumstances. That to me easily counts as being very lucky from the lakers side of it.

Bad things happen, yes, but besides that the lakers got a steal of a deal because of it. You cannot just wipe away getting lucky because it happend under a players arbitrary out of basketball circumstances. Well I guess that is in my opinion, I guess.

Lucky? Yes. Fortunate? Yes? You said the Lakers SCREWED the Jazz. That is just not the facts.

Anyway, all is good. Too bad this didn't happen sooner. Would have made tonights game much more interesting.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
I'm lovin' the trade. Bell laid an egg this season. Diaw, well he was just being Doris again.

Some interesting points Coro brought up about the trade aftermath:

Some immediate trade ramifications

Here's the trade if you haven't heard ... http://www.azcentral.com/sp...
Now, for some ramifications:
* Because it's a three-for-two trade, the Suns are now one man below the roster minimum. This will give the Suns the chance to acquire a veteran point guard as insurance to back up Steve Nash while Goran Dragic develops. An astute observer brought up a feasible name: Damon Stoudamire.

* The Suns have eight, maybe nine, players available for tonight's game against the Los Angeles Lakers. I say nine because Alando Tucker, while supposedly a week away in conditioning, could probably suit up and give the Suns some minutes tonight if they needed him. He doesn't help them any up front, though, where only Amare Stoudemire, Robin Lopez and Louis Amundson are available. Get ready for some small ball.

* It is not certain whether Jason Richardson or Jared Dudley would be available to play in Friday's game against Orlando so the Suns could be in the same situation then because Shaquille O'Neal probably was not going to make it back. He did say he would attempt to try but his great-grandmother's funeral is on Friday in North Carolina.

* In summary, the Suns just got a legitimate 20-point scorer who can create his own shot, run with the uptempo style and is still in his 20s. They only take on extra salary in 2010-11 when Raja Bell would have come off the books but Richardson has one less year of contract that Boris Diaw, who many figured would not carry his contract value in a trade any place besides New York. In the Suns' eyes, they traded two of the players who they felt were resisting the new system either in words, actions or energy at various points this season. It's hard to see what Charlotte is banking on, other than trying to bring back the 2005-06 Boris Diaw who starred in place of Amare Stoudemire.

* How about this? Jason Richardson's debut could coincide with MIke D'Antoni's return.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score

Yeah sorry was just a little hyper-sensitive about it. That happends when you are the 2nd person to hit the best buffet in town and then the first people there seem to be making fun of you for some reason or other for getting to eat some of that buffet and you are like "hey, you got the buffet too why you making fun of us that's completely nonsensical you bastards!".

But in the above I took it the wrong way completely, now I can see. You definatley have a point.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Lucky? Yes. Fortunate? Yes? You said the Lakers SCREWED the Jazz. That is just not the facts.

Anyway, all is good. Too bad this didn't happen sooner. Would have made tonights game much more interesting.

Yeah bad choice of words on my part, tends to happen during excited times like these.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah sorry was just a little hyper-sensitive about it. That happends when you are the 2nd person to hit the best buffet in town and then the first people there seem to be making fun of you for some reason or other for getting to eat some of that buffet and you are like "hey, you got the buffet too why you making fun of us that's completely nonsensical you bastards!".

But in the above I took it the wrong way completely, now I can see. You definatley have a point.

All is good. I am truly glad for you guys.

sunsallday

Registered
Reaction score
Well said, last year all these same people were yelling at us Laker fans saying the Gasol trade was some how Rigged. Now the Suns get an all star for a couple garbage players and all is well, whatever.

On that note though, are any Suns fans concerned about the fact that Porter was supposed to change the philosophy of the Suns but this move seems to counter act that goal? Wasn't Porter going to stress defense for the Suns? How does getting J-Rich contribute to that end?

Don't get me wrong, If I were Kerr, I would have pulled the trigger on this too. You guys are getting a great offensive player and you'll put up some serious points, no doubt, but is anyone concerned that this trade seems to go against the very philosophy that Porter has been stressing since the offseason? Do you think this puts Phoenix in the championship hunt?

Either way, congrats to Suns fans. For what it's worth, you guys have suffered enough with the moves of the Suns front office, and if anyone deserves a little celebration it's Suns fans.

Thank you. The year and future wasn't looking very bright after the Shaq trade. I was sorely hurt and depressed. Now we have Richardson, we have 5 guys in our starting line up who can light it up. If we get a veteran PG and big man, we can make some noise. Does this make us contenders? I don't know. But 2010 and after sure looks a hell of a lot brighter. Maybe an elite free agent will look at a nucleus of Stoudemire and Richardson and say ''hey, why won't I join.'' Us Suns fans deserve it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05