Bell,Diaw,Singletary out....Jason Richardson,Jared Dudley,'2010 2nd rd pick in

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Give me a break, the Suns weren't winning a title before this trade, and they aren't winning one after it. This transforms an unwatchable team into a watchable one. It won't win a trophy, but it's worth something.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
lol

suns get porter for defense but then trades there best defensive perimeter player??????? for a ball hogger who is one of the worst defensive players in the nba

somewhere manu is partying like a rockstar

defense wins champions, (celtics, pistons, spurs) what are the suns thinking??

fire kerr before its to late and the suns become the bobcats of the nba
:rolleyes:Yeah cuz Raja was a Manu stopper:sarcasm:

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Interesting trade. The only negative I can see is the fact that we will now have about 5.5M less to spend in the summer of 2010. Though I was never a big fan of Richardson, I think he will fit in very well. We will miss both Diaw's versatility and Bell's defense, but both of these players have been very inconsistent lately.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, a veteran PG is the Suns most serious need. I think Kerr said Dudley is a very versatile forward that likes to play inside. Maybe he can help. I was very disillusioned about Diaw as a consistent player.

Agree.

how is it comparable. One's a very good scorer and a bad defender. The other was a solid scorer and a very good defender. There's really not much to compare their games except that they both shoot the 3 well.

J Rich is not a bad defender. He is average and playing better defense then Raja this season. Raja has only one 3 of 17 head to head matchups and J Rich has one 50% of his. J Rich is averaging more steals and more blocks. I think it's safe to say we got better defensively. This isn't the defensive Raja of old.

Come on now, he is not one of the worst defenders. He is not a great defender, but he is hardly among the worst.

And playing better defense then Raja this year.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Agree.

J Rich is not a bad defender. He is average and playing better defense then Raja this season. Raja has only one 3 of 17 head to head matchups and J Rich has one 50% of his. J Rich is averaging more steals and more blocks. I think it's safe to say we got better defensively. This isn't the defensive Raja of old.

And playing better defense then Raja this year.

Exactly! This is an outstanding trade. People are still thinking of Bell 2-3 years ago. Fact of the matter is that Bell is horrible and has been since last year. Arguably, Raja was THE WORST starting shooting guard in the league. J-Rich is an all star caliber player. He is a real impact player. Bell, at his best, was a very good role player. He could never ever EVER take over a game. J-Rich can. He has the ability to take the team, put it on his shoulders and carry them.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
So the tv "experts" are saying its a better trade for the Bobcats, that Richardson would have been better in D'Antoni's system, what do you think?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
So the tv "experts" are saying its a better trade for the Bobcats, that Richardson would have been better in D'Antoni's system, what do you think?

No way is it better for Bobcats.
Suns got rid of a horrible contract and the worst starting shooting guard in the league. They received an all star in return.
Granted, JRich would have been even better in D'Antoni's system, but that doesn't mean he won't do great in Porter's system.
TV "experts" are *********.

Hayduke

Registered
Reaction score
Bobcatsplanet.com for a hilarious thread on the trade. They are ripping up the guy who broke the trade news for the first three pages and making stupid ass sarcastic comments. Hahaha.
They all seem to agree that Dudley was their "glue" guy. So I'd like to hear more about him.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been reading the Charlotte threads and they are ready to jump off the cliff. Also, it appears this trade might be even better (if that is possible). Many on that thread are calling Dudley their defensive glue and best defensive player.

So, maybe Kerr was thinking they get a huge offensive push and get a scrappy defender coming off the bench.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
a good trade for both teams but from what i read,the excitement here is as if we traded raja and diaw for lebron james.

i have watched j-rich 15 plus times and he would actually be better fit if coach was d'antoni:)run-gun type,very athletic,always willing to penetrate,nash was having difficulty in his assists since marion left but now we have a 2nd scorer option after amare.

but he is very inconsistent,dead in clutch,not known well for his work ethics and discipline (those were rumors in sf chronicle at times),but it s good that his 3 point % is very good this year and he minimized his turnovers.so,lets wait and hope for the best.

but wasnt porter defensive minded?why the hell did dantoni leave if we were to make offensive team?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I have been reading the Charlotte threads and they are ready to jump off the cliff. Also, it appears this trade might be even better (if that is possible). Many on that thread are calling Dudley their defensive glue and best defensive player.

So, maybe Kerr was thinking they get a huge offensive push and get a scrappy defender coming off the bench.

Dudley might be Amundson's long lost brother.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Better at what?.....scoring points?.......well yeah sure. Who wouldn't?
We got much better at the starting 2 plus a draft pick(we know that).
The Bobcats got an over the hill 2 guard & a versatile but lazy forward w/a bad contract and a rookie(we know this).
I don't see how Charlotte gets the better end of this trade at all.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
One of the posters at Bobcats' board nailed it:

"Still, this is like trading a Lexus for an Explorer van because you need room for the kids."

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know squat about Dudley. Looking at his numbers and his build, he kind of reminds me of James Jones when he was in Indiana.

Hayduke

Registered
Reaction score
I liked James Jones. WHAT IN THE WORLD happened to him when he went through that HUGE scoring slump?

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Dudley is going to be a great bench guy. He was the fan favorite for Charlotte, and doesn't demand the ball on offense but isnt scared to take the shot (i hope this tranfers over and he isnt too shy). Im not really a fan of his gameplay but it wont hurt and I dont see him hogging miuntes. I would really love to see him paired up with Amudson in the backcourt for a few minutes, although both are undersized. Im really surprised they traded him AND their top scorer, not sure what that will do for chemistry in Charlotte.

Although,I would have been happy with a $5 footlong to replace Diaw. Hell, I caught myself drooling over a Diaw for Troy Murphy scenario the other day and had to smack myself (he did just put up 20/20 tonight though)

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
This was a very good move in the right direction.

Richardson helps a lot this year, but im not so sure hes on the roster in 2010. I say that because I think the Suns need to/will make a run at Wade to pair with Amare.

The best part of the trade is that Kerr moved Diaw's contract, which greatly increases their cap flexibility over the next few years.

I think the next to go is Barbosa, because where does he really fit in? He isnt exactly fitting into this offense, and is nothing more than a 6th man on a team that isnt going to run.

Getting Dudley in the deal should really help out, because he can slide to PF with Shaq out and help out on the glass. Dudley is a solid player, good role player off the bench.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
reading that excerpt from "SSOL", i laughed when it said MJ called kwame-hands-brown a "******".(no offense to anyone)

will MJ call Diaw a ******? lol

on a more serious note, im excited for the trade. cant wait to see what j-rich will do with greater players around him.
i was hoping for a better SG. i put up some threads regarding possible trades/pick-ups. like maybe getting stackhouse if he was available for cheap, or trading boris+barbs for redd.
looks like we got a good deal. lets hope he stays healthy.

oh, all the dumb girls i know are heart broken that bell is gone. big deal.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Exciting trade! Just awesome! Amazing! Hopefully this will get us back into running mode more often, inprove our outside shooting and win us some games.

Woohoo!

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good trade for both team but definitely a better deal for the Suns.
Richardson brings what Diaw and raja consistently lacked; reliable offense, I do beieve this is a confirmation this team will run more. JR may not be a good defender but his ability to drive and shoot the 3 (especially very good this season) will make up for it, the best defense afterall is a .......
Raja has been slipping since last season and became worse under the new system, but he will at least bring some defensive toughness and experience to the Bobcats team and he may regain the fire he was once had if he stays injury free.

Diaw has slipped a long time ago............... but i see him flourishing in Charlotte if he is a starter.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05