Bell,Diaw,Singletary out....Jason Richardson,Jared Dudley,'2010 2nd rd pick in

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
from espn comments:

*As a LIFELONG Suns fan, all I can say is...
DORIS MEOW IS GONE!!!!
DORIS MEOW IS GONE!!!!
DORIS MEOW IS GONE!!!!
this helps make the Joe Johnson disaster now maybe 5% acceptable.....

*amare asks to be the focus of the offense and they respond by acquiring a guy who needs 15-20 shots a game. Well played, Phoenix, well played.

*And all the female Suns fans permanately head for the exits...

*watching Diaw reach his potential was like watching beer ferment.

*lol Jordan Best player of all time but somehow he doesn't understand basketball
Adam Morrison........Adam friggin' Morrison............

*This Jordan to Kerr assist is better than the one in the 1997 NBA Finals versus Utah.

*What the hell!!! That's it...CAN WE GET THE HORNETS BACK ALREADY!!

* Jordan better put on a jersey if they want to sell some tickets.

*1997 NBA on NBC flashback: "Jordan to Kerr? YES!"

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Jason Richardson isn't as good as alot of people are giving him credit for but this is a good trade no doubt for the Suns side. No where near as important as Gasol was to the Lakers or even Wallace to the Pistons a few years back but a good trade.

Unfortunately the NBA has gotten to the point where trades aren't judged on what players you GET and how they can contribute but rather what albatross and/or malcontents you GIVE UP. Kind sad really and as much as I love the NBA makes me think the NFL will alays be king as long as they have non guaranteed contracts.

From the quotes from Raja and Boris before and after the trade this definitely seems like addition by subtraction however. God forbid they buy in a little bit after what this organization did to revitalize both their careers.

Best case scenario Richardson revitalizes the Suns players and himself here and takes off and gives us our most atlhetic wing since JJ and a perimeter guy whose slashing can take advantage of Shaq's presence ala Kobe, Penny, and Wade.

Worst case scenario.....well there is no worst case scenario. The Suns hit a low point late last week and this at the very least makes them more interesting if it doesn't help in the standings.

Been a good week for Wildcats with the football win, Jefferson donating 3.5 to the school, and Kerr pulling this off.

At least I'll be paying ALOT more attention now - even during a NFL football playoff run.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is just an awesome trade. I may now have to rethink my thoughts about Kerr. Again just awesome. I really like Jason Richardson. Kerr has made a high quality move.

:thewave:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, I was just doing a little ribbing. Highway robbery or not, lucky or not, there was a lot of talk on here about the Gasol trade being completly shady with Sterns being involved etc. Funny how perspectives change.

not my perspective. I may have hated that the trade happened, but I never thought there was anything shady involved with that trade.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe this. This is incredible.
Nash/Richardson/Hill/Stodemire/Shaq is a killer starting lineup.
I am concerned about lack of depth though, especially at 4/5 positions. Outside of Shaq and Amare, you have Lopez, Amundson and Dudley. I wonder if there is another trade in works.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jason Richardson isn't as good as alot of people are giving him credit for but this is a good trade no doubt for the Suns side. No where near as important as Gasol was to the Lakers or even Wallace to the Pistons a few years back but a good trade.

Unfortunately the NBA has gotten to the point where trades aren't judged on what players you GET and how they can contribute but rather what albatross and/or malcontents you GIVE UP. Kind sad really and as much as I love the NBA makes me think the NFL will alays be king as long as they have non guaranteed contracts.

From the quotes from Raja and Boris before and after the trade this definitely seems like addition by subtraction however. God forbid they buy in a little bit after what this organization did to revitalize both their careers.

Best case scenario Richardson revitalizes the Suns players and himself here and takes off and gives us our most atlhetic wing since JJ and a perimeter guy whose slashing can take advantage of Shaq's presence ala Kobe, Penny, and Wade.

Worst case scenario.....well there is no worst case scenario. The Suns hit a low point late last week and this at the very least makes them more interesting if it doesn't help in the standings.

Been a good week for Wildcats with the football win, Jefferson donating 3.5 to the school, and Kerr pulling this off.

At least I'll be paying ALOT more attention now - even during a NFL football playoff run.
Contracts & bad attitudes aside, did i misunderstand you? Addition by subtraction?
Raja Bell in his prime was probably comparable to the JRich of today,but this trade is addition by addition my friend. Bell is very near done at this point and Boris is Boris. Richardson is going to give the 2 spot a BADLY needed shot in the arm offensively and give Nash a legitamit target to look for at the 3pt line not to mention that Grant Hill is no longer the only guy not named Nash that can create a shot in our backcourt.
If i misunderstood ya i'm sorry in advance.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Raja Bell in his prime was probably comparable to the JRich of today

Huh? Raja Bell has never averaged 15ppg in his career, JRich is a 20ppg guy. Bell was a good (but probably over rated) defender, Jrich is a subpar defender. Raja Bell can barely dribble, Jrichs game is predicated on driving to the whole, taking guys off the dribble, etc. Raja Bell is not very athletic, JRich is about as athletic as they come. Im not sure Raja Bell can dunk, JRich won the dunk contest twice.

The only thing similar about them is they both play shooting guard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe this. This is incredible.
Nash/Richardson/Hill/Stodemire/Shaq is a killer starting lineup.
I am concerned about lack of depth though, especially at 4/5 positions. Outside of Shaq and Amare, you have Lopez, Amundson and Dudley. I wonder if there is another trade in works.

IMO, a veteran PG is the Suns most serious need. I think Kerr said Dudley is a very versatile forward that likes to play inside. Maybe he can help. I was very disillusioned about Diaw as a consistent player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? Raja Bell has never averaged 15ppg in his career, JRich is a 20ppg guy. Bell was a good (but probably over rated) defender, Jrich is a subpar defender. Raja Bell can barely dribble, Jrichs game is predicated on driving to the whole, taking guys off the dribble, etc. Raja Bell is not very athletic, JRich is about as athletic as they come. Im not sure Raja Bell can dunk, JRich won the dunk contest twice.

agreed. the notion that Bell and Richardson are in anyway alike is really a headscratcher.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Contracts & bad attitudes aside, did i misunderstand you? Addition by subtraction?
Raja Bell in his prime was probably comparable to the JRich of today,but this trade is addition by addition my friend. Bell is very near done at this point and Boris is Boris. Richardson is going to give the 2 spot a BADLY needed shot in the arm offensively and give Nash a legitamit target to look for at the 3pt line not to mention that Grant Hill is no longer the only guy not named Nash that can create a shot in our backcourt.
If i misunderstood ya i'm sorry in advance.

My point was I don't think all that much of Richardson as a player (needs the ball in his hands alot, bad defense, no midrange/playmaking game) but the REAL improvement on the team might not come from what he brings to the table (points are great but they ain't the only part of the game) but rather the fact that we a) won't be paying Boris for three more years anymore b) won't have Bell's overated defense/offense to give minutes too anymore and c)have both of their "I miss the good ol' days" attitudes in the lockerroom any more.

So while I think richardson is a better/younger player I still don't think he is all that great. I do like that what we got rid of to get him though.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Michael Jordan: Best player ever; worst executive ever...

The only thing that worries me about this trade is that with Singletary gone, Tragic will get more playing time, which scares me. I'm not close to being sold on Goran.

And we still have to fill a roster spot to meet the league requirement. Where's the old standby Linton Johnson these days? How about Pat Burke? That was a joke.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Comparable in terms of Raja averaging 14.7 ppg 44%from 3pt
3.2 rpg 2.6 apg and a steal/game as well as playing solid man on man defense......in '05-'06.

JRich this year.....18.6 ppg 45%from 3pt 4rpg 2.6 apg and a steal/game. Not the defensive player that Raja was.

I'd call that very comparable my friend.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comparable in terms of Raja averaging 14.7 ppg 44%from 3pt
3.2 rpg 2.6 apg and a steal/game as well as playing solid man on man defense......in '05-'06.

JRich this year.....18.6 ppg 45%from 3pt 4rpg 2.6 apg and a steal/game. Not the defensive player that Raja was.

I'd call that very comparable my friend.

how is it comparable. One's a very good scorer and a bad defender. The other was a solid scorer and a very good defender. There's really not much to compare their games except that they both shoot the 3 well.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Think how awesome this lineup would be if we kept Rondo and Fernandez picks and used Dragic's salary for a backup PF!

Nash/Rondo
Richardson/Barbosa/Tucker
Hill/Barnes/Fernandez
Amare/FA/Dudley
Shaq/Lopez/Amudson

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Think how awesome this lineup would be if we kept Rondo and Fernandez picks and used Dragic's salary for a backup PF!
Don't forget the Kurt Thomas and two first-round draft picks to Seattle for nothing trade. That one still makes me sick.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Don't the Suns need one more Roster spot?? I know they have some time but am I wrong??

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
how is it comparable. One's a very good scorer and a bad defender. The other was a solid scorer and a very good defender. There's really not much to compare their games except that they both shoot the 3 well.
In terms of value. I was responding to AZ finest's post who claimed that this trade was an addition by subtraction which made no sense to me. If Raja of '05-'06 was traded for JRich of today it would be a pretty even trade IMO in terms of what you're gonna get. One guy has the edge in scoring,the other in defense. Raja's numbers during his best season are nearly identical to Richardson's this year. JRich got you 4 more points per while raja played better "D."
Ya'll are reading waaaay too much into this. LOL

popshark86

Reaction score
lol

suns get porter for defense but then trades there best defensive perimeter player??????? for a ball hogger who is one of the worst defensive players in the nba

somewhere manu is partying like a rockstar

defense wins champions, (celtics, pistons, spurs) what are the suns thinking??

fire kerr before its to late and the suns become the bobcats of the nba

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Come on now, he is not one of the worst defenders. He is not a great defender, but he is hardly among the worst.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
lol

suns get porter for defense but then trades there best defensive perimeter player??????? for a ball hogger who is one of the worst defensive players in the nba
Who are we talking about here?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
lol

somewhere manu is partying like a rockstar

defense wins champions, (celtics, pistons, spurs) what are the suns thinking??

fire kerr before its to late and the suns become the bobcats of the nba

LOL you know nothing about basketball

leave

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05