Biggest loss was Hodgins

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
Although the team got kicked in the second half yesterday, the biggest loss was Hodgin's ACL injury. Arrington's best, only?, run was off of a block by Hodgins.

Not good for the short yardage game.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Had our best season since 1997 last year without James Hodgins. Honestly, him going on IR is probably for the best, since it'll allow us to sign another ST player or D-lineman.

Remains the worst personnel move of the mercicully short-lived Rod Graves Era.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
:rolleyes:

Had our best season since 1997 last year without James Hodgins. Honestly, him going on IR is probably for the best, since it'll allow us to sign another ST player or D-lineman.

Remains the worst personnel move of the mercicully short-lived Rod Graves Era.

You, like the cardinals are clueless as to what a good classic FB is good for.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
You, like the cardinals are clueless as to what a good classic FB is good for.

Hey, my favorite FB is Cory Schleissenger, the guy that plays for the Lions. I know what a good FB is, and what he's supposed to do in classic offensses.

But I also know that Denny doesn't run a classic offense, and that Sam Gash or any of the best blocking FBs in the league wouldn't be worth much in this offense.

What I do know is that James Hodgins has played one game in the past two years, so I'm not going to fall on my sword because we lost him for another one. :shrug:

OP
OP
D

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
True, and the Cardinals running game has sucked the past 2 years too. Not because Hodgins wasn't in there because it takes more than a masher FB to make a running game go, but you can't deny the fact that the guy was an asset in the short yardage game. Maybe they would have scored down on the goal line if Hodgins had been in there on those 2 plays.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
duckfallas said:
True, and the Cardinals running game has sucked the past 2 years too. Not because Hodgins wasn't in there because it takes more than a masher FB to make a running game go, but you can't deny the fact that the guy was an asset in the short yardage game. Maybe they would have scored down on the goal line if Hodgins had been in there on those 2 plays.

:shrug: The one year that Hodgins was the starting FB, Marcel Shipp failed to score a TD... How is he an asset in the short yardage game? Emmitt actually did pretty well last season with 'Femi in front of him.

Again, we had our best season in nearly a decade last year without James Hodgins. I'm not going to raise the white flag on the season because he's out now. :shrug:

OP
OP
D

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
No one is raising a white flag, I just said it was the biggest loss yesterday.

Emmitt did well last season because he knows how to get into the end zone. Obviously Shipp learned nothing from him in that area.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
duckfallas said:
No one is raising a white flag, I just said it was the biggest loss yesterday.

Emmitt did well last season because he knows how to get into the end zone. Obviously Shipp learned nothing from him in that area.
I thought that the biggest loss from yesterday was the 42-19 one that the Cards suffered to the Giants, but that's just me.

Hodgins is way, way overrated by many on this board. Run game sucked when we had him, sucked when he was out. What's the difference?

OP
OP
D

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
The difference is having a FB who can knock a defensive lineman, linebacker, or DB back on their can when it is first and goal. It takes many pieces to have a good running game and Hodgins was one of them for this team.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
duckfallas said:
The difference is having a FB who can knock a defensive lineman, linebacker, or DB back on their can when it is first and goal. It takes many pieces to have a good running game and Hodgins was one of them for this team.

How would you know? He's only played in 17 games as a Cardinal! Our best running season was when he was out of the lineup. 1668 last year versus 1531 in 2003. So, maybe Hodgins isn't as good as you give him credit for, since everyone apparently thinks that this was a better team with L.J. Shelton, Kendall, and Hodgins in the lineup.

But don't let the facts get in the way of jocking a player. It hasn't stopped anyone else here...

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
But don't let the facts get in the way of jocking a player. It hasn't stopped anyone else here...

Like Maurice Clarrett?