Bold Predictions: Niners make playoffs, Cards don't

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
49ers have to play GB at Lambeau...we get them at home..not sure why the 49ers would have the advantage there?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We have a stretch here that, if we do what we're supposed to do (of course, the Cards never handle "supposed to" and "should" very well, do they... :bang:), whatever the 9ers do won't matter! Somehow, I still think December 14th looms very, very large though.

We've got the Rams next week, at Tennessee and then the Vikes at home. We "should" at minimum go 2 & 1 over those three games. With a win tomorrow, that would place us at 8 & 4 heading into the Monday Nighter on 12/14th against the 9ers.
Meanwhile, the 9ers travel to GreenBay (never an easy game), host JAX and then play at Seattle prior to 12/14th. Can't imagine they will sweep those three games. So if they go 2 & 1, they enter the Monday nighter with a record of 6 & 6.

We therefore "should" have a 2 game cushion heading into the Monday Night game. After that game, we have the Lions, Rams and Packers (at home), and the 9ers have to travel to Philly, and then have the Lions and Rams.
Again, all we need to do is what were supposed to do! We NEED to win tomorrow first and foremost. We then need to take care of business in St Louis and Tennessee. If we can pull an upset against the Vikes, cool... but it won't be necessary if we simply do what were "supposed" to do!!

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Thanks for the stats post Card Logic.That was an eye opener.I do have to say in defense of the 9ers(which I've never in my life done before)have to say they have faced Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson.Two of the greatest NFL RB's there are today already and We've yet to play either of them.

Now especially with the Hayes and Okeafor injuries those two games loom very large for our teams chances in the playoffs.I'm hoping for a split but right now CJ is on fire and burning it up all of a sudden.AP is still all day and since favre is kinda banged up its gonna be more AP than ususal probably.

We need our guys back and before the titans game at least.Maybe our offense can win these next two games without having everyone in place.Fingers crossed.:)

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bare in mind that he also says the 6-2 Broncos will miss the playoffs and the 3-5 Panthers will make it. I know these are supposed to be "bold" predictions, but these sound more like PCP hallucinations.

I agree with the Broncos prediction, but mostly out of spite.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The Cardinals have a much clearer path to ten wins than the 9ers based soley on the fact its exponentionally easier to play 5-3 football than 6-1 in this league.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
When you measure Sats you need to allow for the teams they were up against. Sure the Niners look like our equal on paper, but anyone that saw Thursdays game where the Niners scored 10 points, against the same team we scored 41 must know that we are much stronger than the Niners and wont be held to 10 points in any game. Given that injuries don't stop it.
If I were a betting person I would bet the house we would be on top of the Niners at the end.

Since my house is not worth half the money I put into it. Maybe I'll just bet my Garage. If we win this Sunday it will put a slight stab in thier heart.

GBR

Week 3...Colts 31 Cards 10...If it's been done once, it can be done again.

chickenhead

Reaction score
The guy makes a point of saying the Niners have one more conference win than us. They've also played one more conference game than us. The Niners have 6 NFC games left, and the Cards have 7. And there's still the second game head-to-head. The Cards could easily finish with two more conference wins than the Niners.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It really doesn't take an Einstein to defend the Niners. Load up the box & force Smith to beat you with his arm. Guess what? HE CAN'T!! Our coaching staff is lightyears better than their's.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Bold prediction - if we win at Tennessee, this Cards team will go 8-0 on the road.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Bratwurst...It will be a tougher win than a lot of our road wins have been.Chris Johnson is having an awesome run of games recently.He is super fast and they are building the team around him now.Plus we don't do so well against running qb's.Vince Young is much faster than Big Ben or any other qb we've played that ran the ball when almost sacked.

If we have any of our bigtime run stuffers out it will even make the situation worse for us in ceiling the edge that C.Johnson tries to break contain and make his yards down the sideline.All gaps must be sealed inside also.We've done that well at times this year.Except for the panther game.

PA fan above you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned our coaching staff is better than the 9ers.With old Jimmy Raye calling the offensive plays for the 9ers,it puts them in an offense that will never be excitiong.He's a great old man of the NFL but I would'nt want to count on him for much excitement coming from the offense.

Singletary has them playing on emotion on the defense and he is emotional himself on the sidelines.I think he calls the defense too.He's babied Davis too much.Yet Davis has become a much better player than the bust he was turning out to be after such a great college career.Now he's finally hitting his stride in the NFL and I think he's gonna even get better.I saw a player hurt himself just trying to tackle Davis the other night.That shows you how tough and strong he is.He's all man.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Despite leading the division by 1.5 games over the 49ers, the Cardinals have one less conference win than San Francisco.

What type of crazy logic is this? We're both undefeated against NFC West opponents except that we've lost that one game to SF (with a game yet to be played). So basically, they're favored because they've played and beaten the stinkin' Rams and we haven't?

I'm all for bold predictions but how someone with this flawed of logic is getting paid to write stories is baffling.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The guy makes a point of saying the Niners have one more conference win than us. They've also played one more conference game than us. The Niners have 6 NFC games left, and the Cards have 7. And there's still the second game head-to-head. The Cards could easily finish with two more conference wins than the Niners.

I should have read the thread before posting. Good point Chickenhead. :)

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Doug - that's why I said "if we win at TN". That's definitely the toughest road test we have left, even if the Titans record currently says otherwise.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Doug - that's why I said "if we win at TN". That's definitely the toughest road test we have left, even if the Titans record currently says otherwise.

I'm with you all the way man.I hope to heck we can go 8-0 going into the playoffs.We'll have our first playoff game at home but if we win that we have MAJOR confidence going ANYWHERE being the ROAD WARRIORS we've been all season.Plus its a record that will never be broken until they extend the season again.We will have seen it.:D

Most of all I pray for good weather on that day in Nashville.We've been blessed so far in N.Y. and Chicago with great weather.Just one more time and maybe we can pull it out.Fisher is one tough cookie as a coach.I really respect him.No matter what his record.They'd be idiots to fire him for a season like this.They won't.Chris Johnson promised 10 straight wins and so far he's winning his bet.I just think he bit off too much to chew on that one.:D

I think Chris Johnson is awesome but we played a couple great ones in Williams and Stewart already.Now they're both nicked up.The speed of Johnson is downright scary.What a win that would be.:)

Reaction score
49ers have to play GB at Lambeau...we get them at home..not sure why the 49ers would have the advantage there?
Someone might think that it's a better matchup for SF than for ARI; or perhaps they are under the false impression that SF defense is much better than the Cardinals... :cool:

Reaction score
What type of crazy logic is this? We're both undefeated against NFC West opponents except that we've lost that one game to SF (with a game yet to be played). So basically, they're favored because they've played and beaten the stinkin' Rams and we haven't?

I'm all for bold predictions but how someone with this flawed of logic is getting paid to write stories is baffling.
:yeahthat:

Reaction score
We have a stretch here that, if we do what we're supposed to do (of course, the Cards never handle "supposed to" and "should" very well, do they... :bang:), whatever the 9ers do won't matter! Somehow, I still think December 14th looms very, very large though.

We've got the Rams next week, at Tennessee and then the Vikes at home. We "should" at minimum go 2 & 1 over those three games. With a win tomorrow, that would place us at 8 & 4 heading into the Monday Nighter on 12/14th against the 9ers.
Meanwhile, the 9ers travel to GreenBay (never an easy game), host JAX and then play at Seattle prior to 12/14th. Can't imagine they will sweep those three games. So if they go 2 & 1, they enter the Monday nighter with a record of 6 & 6.

We therefore "should" have a 2 game cushion heading into the Monday Night game. After that game, we have the Lions, Rams and Packers (at home), and the 9ers have to travel to Philly, and then have the Lions and Rams.
Again, all we need to do is what were supposed to do! We NEED to win tomorrow first and foremost. We then need to take care of business in St Louis and Tennessee. If we can pull an upset against the Vikes, cool... but it won't be necessary if we simply do what were "supposed" to do!!
Right on, 82! If the Cardinals do what they are supposed to do, that's the key!!!

That and to settle it definitively, the Cardinals will win Monday night in San Francisco, bank on it!

ReddBird

Registered
Reaction score
Many of the sports analysts don't pay much attention to the Cardinals. We're not a West coast team (49'ers) and we don't have a history of winning.

The writer of this article is one of those guys. He doesn't follow our team but he remembers that the 9'ers used to be a powerhouse. Bonus points: Superbowl teams rarely make it to the playoffs the following year. Therefore, even while the Cardinals are mysteriously atop their division, it must be a fluke. The 49'ers simply have to be able to beat 'em.

Or maybe he's just an idiot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05