Bold Predictions: Niners make playoffs, Cards don't

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We have a stretch here that, if we do what we're supposed to do (of course, the Cards never handle "supposed to" and "should" very well, do they... :bang:), whatever the 9ers do won't matter! Somehow, I still think December 14th looms very, very large though.

We've got the Rams next week, at Tennessee and then the Vikes at home. We "should" at minimum go 2 & 1 over those three games. With a win tomorrow, that would place us at 8 & 4 heading into the Monday Nighter on 12/14th against the 9ers.
Meanwhile, the 9ers travel to GreenBay (never an easy game), host JAX and then play at Seattle prior to 12/14th. Can't imagine they will sweep those three games. So if they go 2 & 1, they enter the Monday nighter with a record of 6 & 6.

We therefore "should" have a 2 game cushion heading into the Monday Night game. After that game, we have the Lions, Rams and Packers (at home), and the 9ers have to travel to Philly, and then have the Lions and Rams.
Again, all we need to do is what were supposed to do! We NEED to win tomorrow first and foremost. We then need to take care of business in St Louis and Tennessee. If we can pull an upset against the Vikes, cool... but it won't be necessary if we simply do what were "supposed" to do!!

HUGE step in the right direction yesterday! As I hoped, we now have a 2 game lead heading into next week. The Rams represent the biggest "TRAP" we have yet to play. Thankfully, the 9ers head to Green Bay where it will be a very tough test for them as well!
We "should" pull out the victory next week and the Packers "should" beat the 9ers, creating a 3 game lead for us. Barring any serious, key injuries we should be able to take a 3 game lead all the way to the division title given the remaining schedule!

A win next week coupled with a 9er loss will serve to take a huge amount of pressure off of the 12/14th Monday Nighter vs the 9ers!

The story though is that the Cards actually did what they were "supposed" to do! They won at home after coming off a HUGE road win, against a desperate but inferior team. Big step for this team!

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I love about this season:

Jimmy "stick a fork in them" has to eat his words the very next week. Then when he is feeling he can pull out his stupid prop the Cards win three in a row.

The Idiot who predicted that the 49ers had the division all wrapped up after 3 weeks of play.

Now the "Bold prediction" forecast which is basically proved wrong in less then a week.

My main concern was if the Cards don't get off to a fast start or their initial game plan had flaws they couldn't recover.

Cards over came all of those today against a Seahawks team that is dangerous. Missing 2 starters at the LB position and still winning the game by double digits is also impressive.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
HUGE step in the right direction yesterday! As I hoped, we now have a 2 game lead heading into next week. The Rams represent the biggest "TRAP" we have yet to play. Thankfully, the 9ers head to Green Bay where it will be a very tough test for them as well!
We "should" pull out the victory next week and the Packers "should" beat the 9ers, creating a 3 game lead for us. Barring any serious, key injuries we should be able to take a 3 game lead all the way to the division title given the remaining schedule!

A win next week coupled with a 9er loss will serve to take a huge amount of pressure off of the 12/14th Monday Nighter vs the 9ers!

The story though is that the Cards actually did what they were "supposed" to do! They won at home after coming off a HUGE road win, against a desperate but inferior team. Big step for this team!

Well, the Cards took another big step today in doing what they need to do in order to minimize the Monday Nighter @ SF. With the 9ers loss today, we now have a 3 game lead heading into next weekend when we play @ Tenn, while the 9ers host a surprisingly resiliant Jaguar team. I wouldn't be too surprised to see us lose (I mean, can we really go undefeated on the road this year?), and see the 9ers pull out a W at home against the Jags. Should this scenario play out, we would then have a 2 game lead heading into the Viking game when that same weekend, the 9ers go on the road to Seattle. This is where things could get a bit hairy as, given the way we've played at home, it would not at all be a shock if we lose to the Vikes, with the 9ers pulling out a W in Seattle. This would mean we would be down to a 1 game lead heading into the Monday Nighter on 12/14th. NOT what we want at all... Needless to say, the game next weekend in Tenn is a Monster game as a W would go a long way in minimizing a potential loss to the Vikes, as well as negating anything the 9ers do... I believe a win in Tenn is a MUST! Or else it's truly nail-baiting time.... again!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I wonder if Gethard83 still thinks the niners will win 10 games? I said before the season 8 wins was about the best they could expect and I am sticking by that.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I was saying before the season that a healthy Seahawks team will give more trouble then the Niners. I was wrong. Neither of those teams is in our class.

Bold Prediction: A Jackass writer will try to write something contrary to popular opinion to appear smarter then he actually is on the 5% chance he is right.

Oh wait that happens EVERY WEEK, so I wasn't really going out on a limb. How about we start holding crap writers like this accountable and say he is not allowed to give an opinion for the rest of the season after staying stupid stuff like this? Step up Sporting News and do something.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Well, the Cards took another big step today in doing what they need to do in order to minimize the Monday Nighter @ SF. With the 9ers loss today, we now have a 3 game lead heading into next weekend when we play @ Tenn, while the 9ers host a surprisingly resiliant Jaguar team. I wouldn't be too surprised to see us lose (I mean, can we really go undefeated on the road this year?), and see the 9ers pull out a W at home against the Jags. Should this scenario play out, we would then have a 2 game lead heading into the Viking game when that same weekend, the 9ers go on the road to Seattle. This is where things could get a bit hairy as, given the way we've played at home, it would not at all be a shock if we lose to the Vikes, with the 9ers pulling out a W in Seattle. This would mean we would be down to a 1 game lead heading into the Monday Nighter on 12/14th. NOT what we want at all... Needless to say, the game next weekend in Tenn is a Monster game as a W would go a long way in minimizing a potential loss to the Vikes, as well as negating anything the 9ers do... I believe a win in Tenn is a MUST! Or else it's truly nail-baiting time.... again!

So much for steps in the right direction... :bang: The nightmare scenario has just completed Act I. Todays loss is HUGE. Combined with the 9er win today, the Cards now enter the Vikes game up only 2 games on the Niners, as they head into Seattle... Act II is of course a Cards loss to the Vikes with a 9er win in Seattle. A very, very, highly likely scenario... Which sets up a virtual all or nothing Monday Nighter on 12/14th in San Francisco - with Act III being another loss that night, all but cementing the West title for the 9ers.
A win today would have put the nightmare potential to rest. Instead, we let up a last minute, 99 yard drive with 3 converted 4th downs and allow Vince Young and the Titans to keep the nightmare alive... Of course, this team has a shot to keep the nightmare at bay by somehow bouncing back and winning next Sunday. Somehow... Someway... and it would be an amazing testament to the strength of character of this team. We'll see...
For now, I need to go toss my lunch... :barf:

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The way I see it is that the 49ers end the year at 9-7 with their only remaining loss being at Philly. Unfortunately I think we end the season at 9-7 as well but lose out on the playoffs due to losing the tiebreaker to the 49ers as I think we're only gonna beat the Lions and the Rams for the rest of the season. :(

We've got to find a way to win that 10th game out of the 49ers, Vikings, and Packers games.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Mark my words: Cards will Beat STL/DET/SF and will win 10 at least...the only "sure" (if there really in one in the NFL) loss is see on the schedule is MIN.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Mark my words: Cards will Beat STL/DET/SF and will win 10 at least...the only "sure" (if there really in one in the NFL) loss is see on the schedule is MIN.
There is no "sure" things in nfl but we have been Farve's ******* for a while now...

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Not to mention, SF is actually starting to act like it has an offense. The Cardinals had it bad enough when they just played with emotion, if SF starts to actually score points...

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How's this for a prediction

Cards will still go 10-6 run away with the division and will make a strong push for at least the NFC Championship game.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Cards lose to the hottest team in the NFL on the road, a team that has essentially been playing playoff football since mid-October and damn near beat them with their back up QB.

The 9ers beat the crappy Jags at home and only hung 20 points on them, and they are going to win the division. UMMM yeah. Lets relax a little bit.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
The 9ers beat the crappy Jags at home and only hung 20 points on them, and they are going to win the division. UMMM yeah. Lets relax a little bit.
And held them to 3 points. I wouldn't poo-poo 20 points either. That was plenty to beat the Cardinals in week 1. SF has Detroit, St. Louis and Seattle left besides Arizona and Philly. I can see 4-1 in that stretch which would seal the division quite easily.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Cards lose to the hottest team in the NFL on the road, a team that has essentially been playing playoff football since mid-October and damn near beat them with their back up QB.

The crappy jags who were 6-4 going into today? In the NFl the team that needs the win the most will almost always get the victory. The season is over in SF if they lose. Same for the Titans. Not for the Cards and the Jags are still in the WC hunt regardless. There were enough empty seats in Frisco today as it was.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And held them to 3 points. I wouldn't poo-poo 20 points either. That was plenty to beat the Cardinals in week 1. SF has Detroit, St. Louis and Seattle left besides Arizona and Philly. I can see 4-1 in that stretch which would seal the division quite easily.

SF
@SEA L
AZ L
@PHL L
DET W
STL W

AZ
MIN L
@SF W
@DET W
STL W
GB --Toss up but I think W

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
SF
@SEA L - Not sure what you're basing this on. Seattle's only wins are against Detroit, St. Louis (x2) and Jacksonville.
AZ L - Coin flip. SF's already won one game vs. AZ this year.
@PHL L - Another coin flip. The Eagles aren't what they used to be.
DET W - Agree
STL W - Agree

AZ
MIN L - Agree
@SF W - See above
@DET W - Agree
STL W - Agree
GB --Toss up but I think W - Agree. Coin flip at best.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That'll happen when you play Indy, GB and Minnesota.

Don't forget Houston.

Seattle is going to be a very tough game for SF. It's going to be nip and tuck either way. If Seattle wins, they catch the Niners in the standings so don't think they won't be treating it like a big game. It should be a good one.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Don't forget Houston.

Seattle is going to be a very tough game for SF. It's going to be nip and tuck either way. If Seattle wins, they catch the Niners in the standings so don't think they won't be treating it like a big game. It should be a good one.
I must not be watching the same Seattle team that everyone else is. Their o-line is decimated, their defense is giving up around 30 points/game over the last 6 games and they already lost to the 49ers this year.

No game is a gimme but I don't see why this game is supposed to be a tough one for the 49ers.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
You really think SF is going to win out?

That being the case all we have to do is win three games. STL and DET still on schedule, win one more and we're good. Unless Warner's done for the season we should be able to take cre of at least one of the two Norris teams at home or the 49ers on the road.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I must not be watching the same Seattle team that everyone else is. Their o-line is decimated, their defense is giving up around 30 points/game over the last 6 games and they already lost to the 49ers this year.

No game is a gimme but I don't see why this game is supposed to be a tough one for the 49ers.

Im with ya

Seattles offense isn't good enough to withstand the Niners very good defense

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sounds like you should bet heavily on the Niners then. I mean, if you are that confident about it, put at least a handful of C notes on them. It'll be the easiest money you've ever made, right?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Sounds like you should bet heavily on the Niners then. I mean, if you are that confident about it, put at least a handful of C notes on them. It'll be the easiest money you've ever made, right?
Why don't you bet against them?

I never said it was an easy game but some have said it will be a loss for the 49ers. I gave reasons for why I don't think it will be so I'm not sure how you translate that as an easy bet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05