Bold Predictions: Niners make playoffs, Cards don't

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DRC's strut/cockiness/confidence/swagger/whatever you want to call it is NOT going to change unless he gives up 2 TD's a game for the next season and a half and that won't happen, so you guys might as well get used to it. He's doing his job yet people will bitch about anything. I don't see anyone getting mad at Dockett doing a celebration dance after he makes a stuff or gets a sack and that happens about as often as DRC or any other good corner breaks up a pass.

I don't begrudge him it...just not a fan of it. And I love cocky. I love Dockett...he's earned it, IMO. DRC hasn't, yet...but he will.

That said, he had a whale of a game today, so I wasn't concerned with his swagger out there.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I don't begrudge him it...just not a fan of it. And I love cocky. I love Dockett...he's earned it, IMO. DRC hasn't, yet...but he will.

That said, he had a whale of a game today, so I wasn't concerned with his swagger out there.

Certainly hasn't earned it... He shut down who today?? Can you name them? Do they even appear on a NFL stat sheet? I get the fact that the kid has all-world talent. BUT, he's a PUNK who doen't even make an effort to tackle. I can't respect that... but that's probably just me...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have said the same thing about Vince Young before today. As well as Alex Smith actually getting better. 5 TD/1 INT his last two games. He may not look like much but he's been better than Hill and the 49ers beat the Cardinals with Hill at QB.

I wouldn't have. You'll never find a post from me knocking Vince Young, not even when he was benched and acting weird. He's got five times the heart, and talent, of Alex Smith.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Certainly hasn't earned it... He shut down who today?? Can you name them? Do they even appear on a NFL stat sheet? I get the fact that the kid has all-world talent. BUT, he's a PUNK who doen't even make an effort to tackle. I can't respect that... but that's probably just me...

Kenny Britt probably disagrees with that statement.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I wouldn't have. You'll never find a post from me knocking Vince Young, not even when he was benched and acting weird. He's got five times the heart, and talent, of Alex Smith.
Not sure how you could quantify that or even back it up based on Young's off the field issues. Talent I could concede. He's a specimen for sure. But Smith's played with a really screwed up shoulder and in pain and still has kept fighting and worked his way back into the lineup. Sounds like heart to me.

Not saying Young doesn't have heart, he's had to fight some demons and persevere also but let's not act like Smith has had an easy row to hoe. Being the #1 overall pick? Trying to succeed with a bad SF team(compared to the Titans who have generally been a good team just waiting for production from the QB). Playing for a coach who publicly questions whether or not he was hurt?

I think Smith is just as good of a story as Young at this point and he's been doing pretty well since his comeback just as Young has. Of course, Young accounts for 1 TD per game and is lauded as a super-hero so I think it would be tough for anyone not named Brady, Vick or Favre to compete in that arena.

Case in point, Smith has had two different 3 TD games in the six games since he's been back. Yet he still sucks and Young is vindicated and proven a true commodity and hasn't had more than 1 TD in his starts this year.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Why not? Alex has done it before in Seattle.
I'm not saying he won't or can't but 14/25 162 yards 2/0 isn't what I would call a "big" game. A good game, but not big.

49ers shouldn't need much more than that to win though, so as long as he stays the course with what he's been doing recently I think the 49ers will win.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not saying he won't or can't but 14/25 162 yards 2/0 isn't what I would call a "big" game. A good game, but not big.
Just to add, Alex did this in the rain, when Seattle had a headcoach and a defense.:)

49ers shouldn't need much more than that to win though, so as long as he stays the course with what he's been doing recently I think the 49ers will win.
Exactly.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Just to add, Alex did this in the rain, when Seattle had a headcoach and a defense.
You must be registered for see images
Can't have it both ways though. Do you want the '06 Smith who did this or the '09 Smith the way he's playing now? 3 years ago is 3 years ago.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't have it both ways though. Do you want the '06 Smith who did this or the '09 Smith the way he's playing now? 3 years ago is 3 years ago.
The 09 Smith in a heartbeat.
I love the way the coaching staff has rebuilt Smith.
I'm just pointing Smith has been able to go into seattle and win...in tougher circumstances.:D

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Kurt Warner has beat Minnesota in the past and won a Super Bowl too. Doesn't mean much this week.

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score
From Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d814976b7&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Arizona (7-4), first in NFC West
A product of their woeful division, perhaps, but they're going to be there in January. They survived the slow start and Super Bowl hangover to be in position to run away with the NFC West, even with their heartbreaking loss to Tennessee on Sunday. Stout against the run, very tough front seven, and a passing game that can thrash you. Beanie Wells and the running game is coming along. Another hit to Kurt Warner, of course, could change everything, and that's the fear here. He's an older guy, who, if I'm locked into a playoff spot, is sitting. Last year's playoff run should provide plenty of confidence and the Cardinals have been dominant on the road this season (5-1). They aren't getting enough respect and I would not want to have to face them in the playoffs.

Remaining schedule: Minnesota, at San Francisco, at Detroit, St. Louis, Green Bay.

Prediction: End up 7-1 on the road and the NFC's No. 3 seed.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried to tell some of you knuckleheads the Niners would probably screw the pooch in Seattle.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
While you called the game right, Smith is still an improvement over Hill and he keeps getting better every week. 300+ yards, 2TD and 0INT. I have no idea why Gore has become a non-factor.

Very glad I was so wrong about this game and the Vikes game. It just wasn't a good week for me in predicting.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While you called the game right, Smith is still an improvement over Hill and he keeps getting better every week. 300+ yards, 2TD and 0INT. I have no idea why Gore has become a non-factor.

Very glad I was so wrong about this game and the Vikes game. It just wasn't a good week for me in predicting.

IDK, but I'm pretty sure calling 45 passes for Alex Smith and 9 runs for Frank Gore (against a team he has owned) is the new definition of "********".

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
IDK, but I'm pretty sure calling 45 passes for Alex Smith and 9 runs for Frank Gore (against a team he has owned) is the new definition of "********".
I agree but I didn't see the game and it isn't the only time Gore has had limited carries this year. He rarely gets 20+ carries yet Singletary has said that the 49ers were going to feature him.

The game next week being MNF might just keep the Cardinals motivated and avoid a letdown after the big win vs. Minnesota. Since they can shut down Favre, I'm not as concerned about them shutting down Smith.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree but I didn't see the game and it isn't the only time Gore has had limited carries this year. He rarely gets 20+ carries yet Singletary has said that the 49ers were going to feature him.

The game next week being MNF might just keep the Cardinals motivated and avoid a letdown after the big win vs. Minnesota. Since they can shut down Favre, I'm not as concerned about them shutting down Smith.

Rest assured, the Cardinals will NOT have a letdown next week. Whiz is still seething that they beat us in the opener in our house. I expect the Cardinals to come out flying on both sides of the ball. The Niners can win this game, but they will have to play extremely well. For the Niners to win, they better be prepared to score 35 pts & I doubt they can. Our offense will WANT to score 40 & they just may.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05