Bold Predictions: Niners make playoffs, Cards don't

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't you bet against them?

I never said it was an easy game but some have said it will be a loss for the 49ers. I gave reasons for why I don't think it will be so I'm not sure how you translate that as an easy bet.

I said the game will be nip and tuck. It'd be stupid to put much money on that game, either way, IMO. You are the one saying you can't see why Seattle would be a tough game for them.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I said the game will be nip and tuck. It'd be stupid to put much money on that game, either way, IMO. You are the one saying you can't see why Seattle would be a tough game for them.
Well, I'm still pretty confident they'll win but not to the extent that I would guarantee it. I'd guess about a 10 point win.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Aj... c'mon man. "Nip and tuck"??? Based on what? OK... the game is in Seattle. But beyond that, what else is out there that would give any credence to a Seahawk win? Yes, in the NFL and "any given Sunday" and all that.... But just based on sound football logic, this game shouldn't even be close.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Nothing to do with the 'Hawks, the 49ers are just not very good.

They beat us... and they're now only 2 games behind us. Call 'em whatever you want, but they've got a HUGE red circle around Monday, December 14th. I hope we can beat this "not very good team"...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing to do with the 'Hawks, the 49ers are just not very good.

This.

And, football is not much on logic. It's a game of emotion and the Seahawks should be hungry and desperate.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
They beat us... and they're now only 2 games behind us. Call 'em whatever you want, but they've got a HUGE red circle around Monday, December 14th. I hope we can beat this "not very good team"...
That was three months ago. We're better than them now and it's not even close. Not to mention the two game buffer. That is unless Warner's head injury is worse than what's being reported.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This.

And, football is not much on logic. It's a game of emotion and the Seahawks should be hungry and desperate.

The 9ers will be MUCH more hungry and desperate. A victory for them will likely put them 1 game behind us, heading into the Monday Nighter on 12/14th.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
That was three months ago. We're better than them now and it's not even close. Not to mention the two game buffer. That is unless Warner's head injury is worse than what's being reported.

Gotta believe Kurt will be starting next week. However, not sure it will matter as Kurt doesn't play defense. Without a pass rush, Favre will enjoy quite the day in the desert on Sunday. Not to mention what AP is likely to do...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 9ers will be MUCH more hungry and desperate. A victory for them will likely put them 1 game behind us, heading into the Monday Nighter on 12/14th.

We'll just have to see what happens, won't we? I'm sure glad i'm not a Niners fan hoping for a big game from Alex Smith on the road against a divisional opponent.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

The better team doesn't always win. Were the Gmen better than the Pats in he Super Bowl? It's the NFL my friend and you have to outperform the opposition for 60 minutes.

The Niners always play us tough & they match up quite well against our offense with their defense.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Gotta believe Kurt will be starting next week. However, not sure it will matter as Kurt doesn't play defense. Without a pass rush, Favre will enjoy quite the day in the desert on Sunday. Not to mention what AP is likely to do...

Good point. Also where is our defense going to be mentally after tonight's fiasco?

That last drive was beyond pathetic defense. We could have had a 3A High School Defense out there and done just as well.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Good point. Also where is our defense going to be mentally after tonight's fiasco?

That last drive was beyond pathetic defense. We could have had a 3A High School Defense out there and done just as well.

Where is this teams mental outlook going to be after 2day? It's not going to be easy to forget that ending.

And by the way Duck, have you ever seen 6-man football here in the state of Texas? Guys were running around our secondary as if we were playing that. I wonder how many times someone from the Titans was running free in our defensive backfield. Breakdowns galore!!!

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We rarely play well against the 49ers even when we win. I think it's been a few years since we played well against them. :(

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
playing that. I wonder how many times someone from the Titans was running free in our defensive backfield. Breakdowns galore!!!

Meanwhile, the biggest PUNK on the team - DRC - is strutting around after each time "he" defended a pass or tackled Johnson in the friggin endzone after an 85 yard TD run, doing his lame-ass Merton Hanks impression... Ugghhh...

Buckybird

Reaction score
We'll just have to see what happens, won't we? I'm sure glad i'm not a Niners fan hoping for a big game from Alex Smith on the road against a divisional opponent.

if I'm not mistaken our series with the Niners usually ends in a sweep. Only once has there been a split.

:stick::stick::stick:

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I would have said the same thing about Vince Young before today. As well as Alex Smith actually getting better. 5 TD/1 INT his last two games. He may not look like much but he's been better than Hill and the 49ers beat the Cardinals with Hill at QB.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We rarely play well against the 49ers even when we win. I think it's been a few years since we played well against them. :(

You are right. We couldn't even beat them when they were the worst team in the NFL. Last time we beat them handily was in 2005. 31-14 I think.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
You are right. We couldn't even beat them when they were the worst team in the NFL. Last time we beat them handily was in 2005. 31-14 I think.
Josh McCown! 385 yards, 2 TD's.

You're right, though. All other since then have been 10 points or less MOV or losses.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Meanwhile, the biggest PUNK on the team - DRC - is strutting around after each time "he" defended a pass or tackled Johnson in the friggin endzone after an 85 yard TD run, doing his lame-ass Merton Hanks impression... Ugghhh...

Sometimes DRC hate on this board is laughable. How many times you have seen DRC get roasted lately? He's the only player in our GD secondary that seems to be doing his job on a consistent basis but oh my god he is such a PUNK because he struts around after making a great play. And I don't know what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure he wasn't dancing around after tackling CJ. The fact that he even caught up with him is impressive.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Be fair, be fair. His strut was only broken out after HUGE pass breakups he made, and yes, that HE made. Some SICK athletic moves. And he wasn't strutting in the endzone with CJ, they were just talking crap to each other.

But yeah, I don't like it anyway. Love the confidence, but he has not earned Deion Sanders "they don't even throw to my half of the field" status yet. When he gets there, he can strut all he wants. Until then, get your ass back to the huddle and work even harder in practice.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
DRC's strut/cockiness/confidence/swagger/whatever you want to call it is NOT going to change unless he gives up 2 TD's a game for the next season and a half and that won't happen, so you guys might as well get used to it. He's doing his job yet people will bitch about anything. I don't see anyone getting mad at Dockett doing a celebration dance after he makes a stuff or gets a sack and that happens about as often as DRC or any other good corner breaks up a pass.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
DRC's strut/cockiness/confidence/swagger/whatever you want to call it is NOT going to change unless he gives up 2 TD's a game for the next season and a half and that won't happen, so you guys might as well get used to it. He's doing his job yet people will bitch about anything. I don't see anyone getting mad at Dockett doing a celebration dance after he makes a stuff or gets a sack and that happens about as often as DRC or any other good corner breaks up a pass.

:yeahthat:

I treat it like this, if he does his job he can do whatever he want's because the NFL is so strict you can't do too much anyhow.

He's no worse than many many others but he does have more skills so I say do your worst DRC, just keep making plays is all I ask.

In a perfect world he'd be more like Fitz but it's not a perfect world.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
I wish DRC worked as hard as Fitz at his craft that is my prayer...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05