Cardinals at Bills gameday thread 9-8-24

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes he should be option #1 but as everyone witnessed today he clearly was not the coaches weren’t even smart enough to have a dozen or so plays and force feed him the ball. They chose JC and we saw how that worked out….lol Kyler moved back and to the left side of field evading the clogged up backfield like much of the day and MJH was on the other side of the field, people are acting like he had time in that situation which is just false, by the time the drop back was made their were people all around him…

After seeing the video with the LOS included, he was actively running away from a defender when the viral "screenshot" was taken. Zero chance for him to plant and throw a 50 yard bomb.

Kyler was probably the Cardinals best player today and all people can talk about is one play that they probably haven't re watched. So goofy.

The first half was beautiful football. It was clear that in the 2nd half, the offense needed to be opened up and it didn't happen. Petzing kept calling Conner runs over and over and over even in passing situations.

In order of problems I would go:

Defense
Petzing 2nd half play calling
Special Teams

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Final thought on Kyler, he plays the highest paid position in sports and the most criticized. The loss isn’t on him alone but he does need to start hitting on more of those plays than he misses.
On to next week for me. Looking forward to seeing MHJ go for 200 yards and 3TDs :)

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What do you want him to do? If you’re coached to hand off all game.. take the safe pass on the few attempts you have. All of a sudden human instinct says look down field as your bobbing and weaving not to take a sack…on 4th down.. on the last play of the game… bc your OC said run the ball for the first 3 downs.. w less than 2 mins to play.. while your down? The movie Idiocry is playing before our eyes w this franchise

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
These guys talking like Kyler’s cap hit isn’t 49 mil this year and the total cap hit for the entire DL, EDGE, and CB room combined is like 41 mil. Expectations are and should be different.
Is wager that percentage realm is the approximately the same for a number of teams in the nfl nowadays - not a lot but a number of teams with how much QBS are paid… and pls don’t be a horse and pick out a few select examples.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
These guys talking like Kyler’s cap hit isn’t 49 mil this year and the total cap hit for the entire DL, EDGE, and CB room combined is like 41 mil. Expectations are and should be different.
I’m not defending Kyler. I’m saying after six seasons this is who he is. He’s a mid level QB.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Trying to be rational here and keep my calm.

I would have sold this game for this result. Away against one of the top 7 team that you can argue is one of the worst system match-ups for us at where we are. Yet keeping it close is an accepted result for this team, considering we have to assume this team is not showing it's full potential until mid-season.

But, I'm pissed at the way it happened.
The pass-rush is a problem. Pressure was there, but no one had a solution for Josh Allen.
The no PI calls.
How much Beachum instead of Williams looked to impact the Offense. The Bills simply moved their best passrusher to be 1-1 with Beachum to single out the weak link.
How much the offense looked out of sync in the passing game.
Buffalo is build like us and the D-line was exposed

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s one game. Win or lose it’s too early to tell anything

As I said when the Cardinals were up by 14 in the 2nd. It’s just one game and too early to crown or bury the team. I want to see at least 4 games before making any major judgments about this team.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He plays for a franchise that isn’t a dumpster fire though.

Yes. The historically functional Buffalo Bills.

Also they’ve given Kyler EVERYTHING to succeed. Starling Thomas is a starting corner for this team. This isn’t asking Kyler to put on the cape for 40 plays a game.

Who is better than K1 right now after week 1?

Mahomes. Lamar. The guy on the other sideline today. Sam Darnold was pretty good. Derek Carr. Anthony Richardson and CJ Stroud. Dak. Baker.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to be rational here and keep my calm.

I would have sold this game for this result. Away against one of the top 7 team that you can argue is one of the worst system match-ups for us at where we are. Yet keeping it close is an accepted result for this team, considering we have to assume this team is not showing it's full potential until mid-season.

But, I'm pissed at the way it happened.
The pass-rush is a problem. Pressure was there, but no one had a solution for Josh Allen.
The no PI calls.
How much Beachum instead of Williams looked to impact the Offense. The Bills simply moved their best passrusher to be 1-1 with Beachum to single out the weak link.
How much the offense looked out of sync in the passing game.
Buffalo is build like us and the D-line was exposed
The devil is always in the details. Sure, if you told me 34-28 L and we had a chance to win with about 30 seconds to go I would have thought it could've been a lot worse. And, it could've. But, man, it is really frustrating the way it happened.

I know it's easy to get hyper focused on the very end of the game. But, to me, we lost the game at the end of the first half, the beginning of the second. Even with the Bills having several penalties they pretty much breezed down the field and erased all the hard work up to that point in about 4 minutes. Too much like the Washington and NY games last year. At least make one of those a FG attempt for cripes sakes.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes. The historically functional Buffalo Bills.

Also they’ve given Kyler EVERYTHING to succeed. Starling Thomas is a starting corner for this team. This isn’t asking Kyler to put on the cape for 40 plays a game.

Mahomes. Lamar. The guy on the other sideline today. Sam Darnold was pretty good. Derek Carr. Anthony Richardson and CJ Stroud. Dak. Baker.
So he’s a top 10 QB after week 1?

Ill take it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser