Cardinals at Bills gameday thread 9-8-24

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I have a fair question.
Has anyone thought Kyler has been “cool in the pocket” with the rush around him?

To me, it’s always been kind of chaotic when there is the first sign of pressure when he’s in the pocket.
The last few games last season he settled down and stood tall in the pocket...but by the second half today he was obviously a bit rattled

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stafford is dealing RN and two QBs have yet to play. Could be top 12 QB after week one.

Don’t forget Love and Hurts and Tua and Geno Smith played just as well if not better.

Now we’re up to somewhere around Top 15 QB for Kyler. In other words… same place he’s been for more than 2 seasons. Yay.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yes. The historically functional Buffalo Bills.

Also they’ve given Kyler EVERYTHING to succeed. Starling Thomas is a starting corner for this team. This isn’t asking Kyler to put on the cape for 40 plays a game.

Mahomes. Lamar. The guy on the other sideline today. Sam Darnold was pretty good. Derek Carr. Anthony Richardson and CJ Stroud. Dak. Baker.
Love and Tua are arguable. Same with Goff. Stafford has been better.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Don’t forget Love and Hurts and Tua and Geno Smith played just as well if not better.

Now we’re up to somewhere around Top 15 QB for Kyler. In other words… same place he’s been for more than 2 seasons. Yay.
Midlevel

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I couldnt watch the full game - how much of a factor was the wind on the passing game?

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Cheers team. Was just trying to determine if the weather factored into the playcalling.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He was wide open when the DB looked into the backfield, saw how screwed Kyler was and LEFT HIM. This happens all the time.
No. That what you want to think. The db immediately handed off MHJ thinking he had deep support. It was a blown coverage that kyler failed to take advantage of.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks like he has plenty of time to come back to MHJ. Hope the video wirks
Yeah that’s not a db seeing murray was sacked. That was an immediate blown coverage that murray totally failed to read. That’s egregious. It’s even worse than I imagined.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes he should be option #1 but as everyone witnessed today he clearly was not the coaches weren’t even smart enough to have a dozen or so plays and force feed him the ball. They chose JC and we saw how that worked out….lol Kyler moved back and to the left side of field evading the clogged up backfield like much of the day and MJH was on the other side of the field, people are acting like he had time in that situation which is just false, by the time the drop back was made their were people all around him…
Go watch it again. The video clearly shows he was even beginning his progression looking to the right - EXACTLY WHERE MHJ CAME ALMOST IMMEDIATELY OPEN. And he still bought time. There’s no excuse for that blunder.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler needs to be better down the stretch, the receivers need to be better overall and the refs let the Bills DBs get away with a lot of contact down the stretch.

This defense is what worries me the most, though. They are as bad as advertised. Josh Allen just put up a 137 passer rating with 2 rushing TDs despite a handful of unforced errors from their offense. Gardeck has been getting progressively worse since the first few games of last year. Starling Thomas is playing over the two early round rookies. The DL looked very similar to last year. Once injuries start hitting, things could get really ugly.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Unless this team gets at least 1 lock down conerback, it's going to be like this for Cards fans ALL year. Basically, the Cards are in a position where their offense is simply going to have to outscore teams ( That's not a good place to be, no NFL team wins consistently when the offense alone is the deciding factor ). The Cardinals defense could not stop a runny nose today. There is NO way a team should be up 17-3 and the defense give up 4 touchdowns. I'm not excusing missing MHJ wide open at the end ( or the non-call P.I ) however, The defense should actually be ashamed. Defense 's hold leads, not give them away and expect the offense to carry them because THEY SUCK ! !