Cardinals at Commanders gameday thread 9-10-23

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was likely the best D front we will face all season. The putrid display on offense was bad but people expecting us to lose out are just wrong. Based on this game alone if we continue playing with this desire and get healthy (K1) we will win some games. We are a younger team and guys need to develop and mesh together in this new system, which looks 1000x better than the old regime!

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This was what was so amusing to me, the fans all acted like they were big under dogs in this game. They looked like they were celebrating a playoff win lol
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if WA is picking the top 5, they barely squeaked by us and we will be picking the top 3. So this is actually a really good opening week for the tank because a bad team won, we lost, and HOU lost.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was likely the best D front we will face all season. The putrid display on offense was bad but people expecting us to lose out are just wrong. Based on their game alone if we continue playing with this desire and get healthy (K1) we will win some games. We are a younger team and guys need to develop and mesh together in this new system, which looks 1000x better than the old regime!
No. The Skins D looked great because they’re solid but we are awful.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
This pretty much what I expect for a good chunk of this season. We won't win alot of games but we'll be close in them.

The Defense was impressive outside of the penalty filled td drive. The offense was conservative and Dobbs still managed to give the game away.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
There's going to be people that'll tell you we competed today, and they'd be right to do so

Our defense was delightful for 3 quarters, we were in the right spot at the right time 3 times and we abused an experienced QB, who ended up coming back to win the game

Our O-line is worse than I imagined and I've been at the top of the list as far as pessimists

And don't even get me started on that 4th choice QB - it's got to be hard to be that much of a non factor - almost impressive - may he never take the field again

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Am I the only one that bet on the Cards to cover? They should have won today & would have with a better QB. I thought Dobbs might do alright but after watching I'd prefer Tune in there. He seems he would perform about the same & learn in the process.
I think someone on here said they bet heavy on Washington to cover.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Props to the D. I don't blame them if they want to take Dobbs out to the parking lot for a little friendly discussion.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dobbs McCoy is not the answer. Like Conner but not as the bell cow RB. We need a speed RB so bad cuz we have no one who can get the corner.