Cardinals at Niners gameday thread 10-6-24

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals beat the 49ers by the same score 24-23 in 1988. Losing 23 at half. I was at that game. It was the last time I took a drink... 36 years ago! Sober
I was there. Have told this story many times. ASU came back to beat Oregon State the night before and fans celebrated by throwing their souvenir cups into the air. It looked like it was raining cups. Then the very next day - the Cardinals defeat the 49ers 24-23. Lomax to Green with :03 on the clock. Fans tossed cups into the air all over again in celebration. I never saw it happen before that weekend or since. Great sports weekend in AZ.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Enjoyed Brady's commentary.

I've found when players are fresh out of the game they tend to be pretty measured, often siding with the players, showing empathy for them when they make mistakes. They understand how difficult the game is. It's fresh in the memory.

The longer they're there though they can become increasingly critical. Shoulda done this, shoulda done that. Harp on about every mistake. As they get absorbed by the media machine they need to make bigger, bolder, earlier and more controversial statements to be heard. Move further and further away from being a player.

There are exceptions of course. The best commentators maintain a nice balance and perspective.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
The entire division right now is pretty awful. 10-7 could win it this year.

SF will be getting some players back in a couple weeks but their schedule will be getting tougher also. They can't afford to lose on Thursday and be 0-3 in division.(plus 0-4 in NFC)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake