Cardinals at Packers gameday thread 10-13-24

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I believe he had 7 carries today. For 14 yards.

I'm referring to designed run plays. I think at least five of his rushing attempts today were QB scrambles. Those are more hit or miss.

I'm talking about run plays schemed with blocking for the QB, or schemed to be deceptive (or both, like a QB draw).

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
All is well! Kyler had a 97 QBR. Nothing to see here. [ignore the 13pts]. Move along! All is well!

He didn't have a 97 QBR.

He had a 97.7 efficiency rating.

His QBR was a more pedestrian 55.8

But who played better than Murray on offense today though Ouchie? McBride maybe? PJJ? Not Conner. Not Dortch.

K1 didn't take a sack despite ***** pass pro, didn't turn it over, and completed almost 70% of his passes with no true WR1 on the field.

You get that Ouchie right? You get that we don't have a WR1 on the team right now and how that might affect a QBs play?

Isn't it weird how in 2020 when Dhop joined the team Murray all of sudden became a much more prolific passer?

Be patient please my friend. MHJ will get there and then the offense will be better.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Petzing has to find a way to use Murray's legs.

Did not do enough again today.

If the defense is playing contain on the outside, then they have to run some QB draws. It's a little more dangerous to Murray , but with our WR1 struggling, we desperately need production.

Plus it juices the run game for the RBs and slows down the pass rush too.

DP, if you want to stay employed, you better find a way man.

Kyler doesn’t WANT to run. He’s said numerous times that he doesn’t NEED to run. Ppl criticized Kliff for the same thing meanwhile Jayden Daniels is on pace for 175 rushing attempts.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't have a 97 QBR.

But who played better than Murray on offense today though Ouchie? McBride maybe? PJJ? Not Conner. Not Dortch. [

K1 didn't take a sack despite ***** pass pro, didn't turn it over, and completed almost 70% of his passes with no true WR1 on the field.

You get that Ouchie right? You get that we don't have a WR1 on the team right now and how that might affect a QBs play?

Isn't it weird how in 2020 when Dhop joined the team Murray all of sudden became a much more prolific passer?

You mean until he STUNK down the stretch in 2020… and down the stretch in 2021.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He didn't have a 97 QBR.

But who played better than Murray on offense today though Ouchie? McBride maybe? PJJ? Not Conner. Not Dortch.

Be patient please my friend. MHJ will get there and then the offense will be better.
I’m not blaming today on kyler just pointing out how these ratings don’t tell the story people here claim it does.

Everyone was at fault today. This was truly a full team effort (I’ll give mcbride a break).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's lots of blame to go around for a performance like this but the 3 main ones are.

Monti - I like Monti and I think he will be a good GM. He's made some good FA signings in Fro, Mac Wilson, Evan Brown etc. But his defensive FA signings outside Wilson this offseason have all been bad. To be fair to SMB he's being paid as a CB3 and that's what they are getting.

Rallis/JG - The DL is not good enough to only rush 4 at any time, never mind down near the EZ in TD territory. Jordan Love has the biggest drop off in the league between unpressured vs pressured passer rating yet I barely saw a blitz yesterday outside obvious 3rd and long situations. You have the blitz more with this defense, there is no other option. Also make Melton and Williams your starting outside corners.

Kyler - He's the QB. Getting paid top 10 QB money and averaging less than 200 yards per game passing is not acceptable. I'd throw Petzing in here too, but I honestly think he's managing a weakness rather than holding back a great passer. If Kyler isn't on the same page with his #4 overall pick star WR then that is on him. It's his job to get them on the same page.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I’m not blaming today on kyler just pointing out how these ratings don’t tell the story people here claim it does.

Everyone was at fault today. This was truly a full team effort (I’ll give mcbride a break).

Sigh.. fine.

Agree it was an awful performance overall and that K1 left some yards/points on the field.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
There's lots of blame to go around for a performance like this but the 3 main ones are.

Monti - I like Monti and I think he will be a good GM. He's made some good FA signings in Fro, Mac Wilson, Evan Brown etc. But his defensive FA signings outside Wilson this offseason have all been bad. To be fair to SMB he's being paid as a CB3 and that's what they are getting.

Rallis/JG - The DL is not good enough to only rush 4 at any time, never mind down near the EZ in TD territory. Jordan Love has the biggest drop off in the league between unpressured vs pressured passer rating yet I barely saw a blitz yesterday outside obvious 3rd and long situations. You have the blitz more with this defense, there is no other option. Also make Melton and Williams your starting outside corners.

Kyler - He's the QB. Getting paid top 10 QB money and averaging less than 200 yards per game passing is not acceptable. I'd throw Petzing in here too, but I honestly think he's managing a weakness rather than holding back a great passer. If Kyler isn't on the same page with his #4 overall pick star WR then that is on him. It's his job to get them on the same page.

paragraph one - agree 1000%. MO is a relatively young, obviously passionate, professional. I think he's the type that will work work work until he achieves his goals. If he made some mistakes this past offseason, then I think he'll learn from them.

paragraph two - agree. In fairness I think the the plan for the pass rush was derailed some (some!) by the injuries to Ojulari and Robinson. I'll mention too that in four of our six games I think the defense has held up their end of the bargain. But I'm so sick of every QB completing 150% of their passes against us.

paragraph three - I'm disappointed in MHJ, although it's probably my fault that I had unrealistic expectations for him. What's most important is how Harrison is playing this time next year. It would be great too if by week 10 or 12 we see K1 and MHJ start clicking and they finish the year strong. That would be an acceptable result IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22