Cards @ Chiefs pre-season game #2 official game thread

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like that Skelton was right there to support Lindley, didn't see Kolb around, but may have missed it. Nice series there for Linley.

Like Byrd too in these first 2 preseason games.

They just showed Kolb & Lindley talking.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oh...LOL, Whis: I didn't see anything impressive about our team right now.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok there he is...didn't want to be nitpicky on Kolb :)

I like Lindley just for his arm strength alone over Bartel. Bartel just isn't NFL caliber, period.

Skelton
Kolb
Lindley

That should be it.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For Whis, he actually sounded as about as pissed as he ever sounds in the media. LOL. Good to hear. Didn't want to hear that it's just preseason and we're still working on improving.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ok there he is...didn't want to be nitpicky on Kolb :)

I like Lindley just for his arm strength alone over Bartel. Bartel just isn't NFL caliber, period.

Skelton
Kolb
Lindley

That should be it.

Lindley got a nice, quit release, gotta say. I'm more impressed with him so far than I ever was with Skelton as a rook. Not saying he should surpass either Kolb or Skelton, but it's promising. Gotta keep this kid around and ditch Bartel.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is anyone else completely disinterested when coach Whiz speaks? He has never said anything interesting or relevant to the question asked.

His answer to every question - "well from the standpoint of our football team as a whole, we have got to get better..."

He can dodge any question, If you ask him if he shot someone he would say "well we have to get back and watch film..."

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
So far, in two pre-season games, I would say that WE SUCK. Let's hope they can turn it around.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Only the Cardinals could have their THIRD string QB be the most popular guy in town.

:beer:

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else completely disinterested when coach Whiz speaks? He has never said anything interesting or relevant to the question asked.

His answer to every question - "well from the standpoint of our football team as a whole, we have got to get better..."

He can dodge any question, If you ask him if he shot someone he would say "well we have to get back and watch film..."

Nope. Love it. His answer was perfect.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only the Cardinals could have their THIRD string QB be the most popular guy in town.

:beer:

And their undrafted unheralded WR outplaying Floyd in The clutch :)

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Punch of panty-twisters, ya'll. We'll be fine. The system works :). Whis pretty much said we're sucking, not sure what else you want? Want him to slap around the reporter, that make you happy? LOL

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Skelton and Lindley do have 2 of the worst beards in the NFL though. LOL

Both guys have a hell of a throwing arm on them. They also seem to hang in the pocket pretty good.

So far tonight Skelton threw that bad interception but looked generally OK. Kolb threw a couple of nice passes but he bailed out way too early, especially that last pass he threw out of bounds. Very poor performance.

I'd rather roll the dice on Skelton than have my starter be the proverbial "deer in the headlights" every time he goes back to pass. Kolb has no instincts, pocket presence or, in spite of Wolfley's homerism, ability to read defenses. Guess Wolfley has to prop up the players to get his paycheck but I can't really buy that he actually BELIEVES what he was spouting about Kolb tonight.

Unless Kolb really rallies the next 3 preseason games I have seen enough. Skelton wins. In fact, I may give Lindley a shot at #2 and just see what he can do if Kolb doesn't improve by next game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05