Cards Lions Game Thread

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Why in the world are Matt's passes so high recently? It seems that every throw he makes goes over the head of the receiver or just plain sails out of his hands. When a WR does make a catch, it's because they were able to jump 3 feet in the air. He has NOT been an accurate QB of late....

Like Russ said, he lost his coach. Don't know if that has anything to do with it though.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Why in the world are Matt's passes so high recently? It seems that every throw he makes goes over the head of the receiver or just plain sails out of his hands. When a WR does make a catch, it's because they were able to jump 3 feet in the air. He has NOT been an accurate QB of late....

I wonder why he doesn't change the play when a blitz is obvious.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
OMG Leckey practically kicked his leg out that time. Time for Step again? Leckey has dissolved 2 plays in the 1st Q.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love NFL.com gametracker:

3-10-ARI 21 (1:25) (Shotgun) M.Leinart pass short middle to M.Shipp to ARZ 31 for 10 yards (J.Fletcher, K.Edwards).
1-10-ARI 31 :)47) S.Player punts 52 yards to DET 17, Center-N.Hodel. E.Drummond to DET 22 for 5 yards (M.Ware).

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly!! First the Cards have a first, then the Lions catch the punt.
P.S.

Glad I didn't pay to see this game. Ugh.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I was thinking Cheeks might have a breakout game today. Doubt he's tough enough mentally to come back from that. He's on my list of people I don't want back next year.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just noticed a new defensive scheme we are trying this week, the CBs are playing on the line of scrimmage and bumping receivers. Wonder how this will turn out.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking Cheeks might have a breakout game today.

:lmao:

Doubt he's tough enough mentally to come back from that. He's on my list of people I don't want back next year.

Chike has never been anything more than a solid DE. At this point I wouldn't mind taking someone like DE Woodley from Michigan and going OL rnd 2 on and free agency.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
This game is perfectly fitting the billing... what a sucking, toilet bowl it is...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those keeping score, Cards led the NFL in first quarter points scored, and have scored ZERO points in the first quarter since "demoting" Rowen.That'll look good on his resume, easy to defend being canned by Green when you can point that out as your defense.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just noticed a new defensive scheme we are trying this week, the CBs are playing on the line of scrimmage and bumping receivers. Wonder how this will turn out.

So far Kitna is less than 50%. 7/15. Roy Williams only has 2 catches for 13 yards (a HUGE accomplishment for our D. Williams is dangerous.)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Run game is improving though, since Deuce got into the lineup and Ross out at RT, we seem to be able to run better.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Have we learned to run block. What is causing our ground success? Or is it the Lions?