Cards vs Atlanta game thread

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Well, at least I didn't have to drive out to Glendale and back to see that.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
lol that's not a "tip" when you throw it right between the numbers of a linebacker, he can't handle it and a DB goes up and gets it
So, Leinart's tipped pass was a good throw?

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Been in this thread the entire game, now heading out into main area, its going to be a warzone.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't coment on your TV. Yes th Oline sucks hard, but did you see Matt move out of the pocket and throw the ball away? How often does Kurt do that? We have to work with what we have. If Kurt Warner at QB gives us no chance of winning, then why not get the rookie some reps? The team has given up. Edge is no doubt regretting coming here. Fire al the fatties and hire some FA's. Pack it in and expect the same thing next year. Unless we get a good coach. Chances of that are slim though.

I know you didn't revised my post for sw.

No QB stands a chance of winning here. Freaking pathetic.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This was not a good spot for this team, and I'm not real surprised at the outcome.

ATL blitzed the crap out of us, and it worked. Our offensive line looked especially bad on the Leinart fumble.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
So, Leinart's tipped pass was a good throw?

Not a good throw but partially the fault of the Oline.

Warner's on the other hand went straight to the hands of a LB (who should have caught it) but was tipped to DeAngelo Hall.

Little bit of a difference there

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warner has 5 picks and 10 fumbles in 4 games and you want to rag on Leinart?

I think the point is, when Matt has a few games under his belt and has similar numbers...I hope those same people are in here raggin on Leinhart too.

Personally I don't think it's either one of them that are at fault. It's the line.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Warner has 5 picks and 10 fumbles in 4 games and you want to rag on Leinart?
I'm not ragging on Leinart, just the double standard by a fan. Essentially, Leinart's tipped pass interception was better than Warner's tipped pass interception. It's a ludicrous point of view.

arizona_cards_11

Registered
Reaction score
I think the point is, when Matt has a few games under his belt and has similar numbers...I hope those same people are in here raggin on Leinhart too.

Personally I don't think it's either one of them that are at fault. It's the line.

Main difference......LeinART is a rookie.....see, no H.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If Matt has 10 fumbles in his first 4 starts I'll concede I'm wrong but you can't seriously think all of Warner's falling down and fumbles are just the OL?

arizona_cards_11

Registered
Reaction score
Leinart's pass was tipped at the line.....Warner through the ball right into the hands of their LB.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

Today and for the Seattle Game some of the blame goes on the Oline. The crap he pulled against the Rams was all on him

The thing also is that we expect the rookie to make rookie mistakes. A veteran continually making rookie mistakes is unacceptable

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this is the height of stupidity - rookies are SUPPOSED to make mistakes, veterans aren't - that's why they're called ROOKIE MISTAKES - the line is atrocious to be sure, but Warner had time on the pick and again, anyone with a brain could see those fumbles coming. You know, there ARE QB's out there who don't fumble 95% of the time they take a hit.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not ragging on Leinart, just the double standard by a fan. Essentially, Leinart's tipped pass interception was better than Warner's tipped pass interception. It's a ludicrous point of view.

I completely agree. I guarantee the same people ripping Kurt won't be doing that a few weeks if Matt's numbers are very similar.

It's ludicrous and a double standard.!

:rolleyes:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

now you're just being a Kurt apologist, he threw the ball right to a LB, one he apparently didn't see, the LB tipped it and Hall caught it. Totally different play than Matt's pick which wasn't a great throw but wasn't directly to a defender.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

no, it's FREAKING REALITY!!

Peyton Manning threw 4 int's in his first game as a rookie. a ROOKIE mistake is much different than a mistake made by a 35 year old former MVP.

Warner's INT was DIRECTLY AT THE LINEBACKER. Every QB gets passes tipped at the line, bad QBs consistently throw into double coverage, or short, and get their passes picked or tipped up into the air by linebackers or 'robber' DBs.

Bottom line, Warner sucks. Leinart didn't look great, but he didn't look bad, for a rookie. He'll improve. I can't say the same thing about Warner.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the height of stupidity - rookies are SUPPOSED to make mistakes, veterans aren't - that's why they're called ROOKIE MISTAKES - the line is atrocious to be sure, but Warner had time on the pick and again, anyone with a brain could see those fumbles coming. You know, there ARE QB's out there who don't fumble 95% of the time they take a hit.

Now that is stupid. Who says Rookies are suppose to make mistakes??? Ben R. didn't make very many. If your good there is no RULE book that says as a rookie you should make mistakes. It's just become the norm to expect that.

Your right with that protection I could see those fumbles coming. FROM KURT and MATT. I also called that he would throw at least one pick. Wow..I guess I was stretching there.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I completely agree. I guarantee the same people ripping Kurt won't be doing that a few weeks if Matt's numbers are very similar.

It's ludicrous and a double standard.!

:rolleyes:

If Matt is falling over and dropping the ball left and right I guarantee you I'll be on him too. My track record with Cardinal QB's proves that I'm very demanding on the QB position.

But a kid with no starters reps during the week going into a game that's totally over with a D teeing off is not a fair way to judge the kid. Kurt has 14 starts now with us, 3-11 and god knows how many fumbles, we're not rushing to conclusions with Kurt

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Not a good throw but partially the fault of the Oline.

Warner's on the other hand went straight to the hands of a LB (who should have caught it) but was tipped to DeAngelo Hall.

Little bit of a difference there
I think you're just rationalizing. Warner's throw was a pre-snap, predetermined play that the LB read correctly and clogged the throwing lane. It was just a good read and play by the defense. On a quick throw like that, I think a qb generally just zips it out of there expecting the lane to be available.

It was a bad result but I don't know that it was anything particularly wrong done by Warner(after the read). I don't really care, both Leinart's and Warner's throws were interecepted it's just humorous to me to see the rationalizing.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, it's FREAKING REALITY!!

Peyton Manning threw 4 int's in his first game as a rookie. a ROOKIE mistake is much different than a mistake made by a 35 year old former MVP.

Warner's INT was DIRECTLY AT THE LINEBACKER. Every QB gets passes tipped at the line, bad QBs consistently throw into double coverage, or short, and get their passes picked or tipped up into the air by linebackers or 'robber' DBs.

Bottom line, Warner sucks. Leinart didn't look great, but he didn't look bad, for a rookie. He'll improve. I can't say the same thing about Warner.

It is rediculous. If Matt had thrown that pick because of a bad read..OK. If Matt had held on to the ball too long OK. However, that doesn't apply to this situation. Matt didn't make ROOKIE mistakes on that fumble or throw. That was all on the line. It will continue to be on the line whether Kurt or Matt is in there.