Cards vs Atlanta game thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheesebeef is right. Keep digging yourself a hole here bud, you look dumber with every post.

Yeah. OK, because there are no examples or Rookies performing well or not making mistake.

:bang:

Not counting the fact that Matt's mistakes in this game were NOT ROOKIE mistakes. It was poor line play. So how exactly does that apply?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Now that is stupid. Who says Rookies are suppose to make mistakes??? Ben R. didn't make very many. If your good there is no RULE book that says as a rookie you should make mistakes. It's just become the norm to expect that.

Your right with that protection I could see those fumbles coming. FROM KURT and MATT. I also called that he would throw at least one pick. Wow..I guess I was stretching there.

1)Rookies mistakes especially on team's that aren't that good.

2) Big Ben and Dan Marino were the only "successful" rookie QBs out of hundreds that have gone through the league. Comparing those two to everyone else is moronic

3) Vets should be able to read coverage and notice that the RB and the TE are ALSO ABLE TO CATCH THE BALL

4) 10 fumbles and 5 INTs in 4 games is a disgrace

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you're just rationalizing. Warner's throw was a pre-snap, predetermined play that the LB read correctly and clogged the throwing lane. It was just a good read and play by the defense. On a quick throw like that, I think a qb generally just zips it out of there expecting the lane to be available.

It was a bad result but I don't know that it was anything particularly wrong done by Warner(after the read). I don't really care, both Leinart's and Warner's throws were interecepted it's just humorous to me to see the rationalizing.

You're right, just a great play by the LB to watch Kurt's eyes and go right where he was looking. Brilliant, hope other NFL teams don't figure that one out.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
no, it's FREAKING REALITY!!

Peyton Manning threw 4 int's in his first game as a rookie. a ROOKIE mistake is much different than a mistake made by a 35 year old former MVP.

Warner's INT was DIRECTLY AT THE LINEBACKER. Every QB gets passes tipped at the line, bad QBs consistently throw into double coverage, or short, and get their passes picked or tipped up into the air by linebackers or 'robber' DBs.

Bottom line, Warner sucks. Leinart didn't look great, but he didn't look bad, for a rookie. He'll improve. I can't say the same thing about Warner.

Oh, no doubt. You're 100% right. Warner should have had another pick six on that play. He hit the LB right in the hands.

Leinart's ball was tipped at the line by a jumping DT.

Huge difference between those Ints

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
I completely agree. I guarantee the same people ripping Kurt won't be doing that a few weeks if Matt's numbers are very similar.

It's ludicrous and a double standard.!

:rolleyes:

I have been as big a supporter of Kurt as anyone here, but this is being, well, stupid. He is a rookie. Of course he will make mistakes. Even if he goes on to surpass Kurts projected TO totals, it amounts to a hill of beans.

I dont see how Green can ever put Warner back in at QB as a Cardinal ever again.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Has anyone read what I've actually written? I'm not defending Warner's interception. The poster I replied to wasn't making the point that a rookie making mistakes is to be expected and that getting Leinart some experience is about the only beneficial thing the Cardinals could do today or maybe this season. He was saying that Leinart's interception was okay because he was unlucky and the line didn't do it's job and Warner just threw it right to a defender.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1)Rookies mistakes especially on team's that aren't that good.

2) Big Ben and Dan Marino were the only "successful" rookie QBs out of hundreds that have gone through the league. Comparing those two to everyone else is moronic

3) Vets should be able to read coverage and notice that the RB and the TE are ALSO ABLE TO CATCH THE BALL

4) 10 fumbles and 5 INTs in 4 games is a disgrace

Factor in the bad offensive line play and isn't that a given no matter who is back there.

Again, explain to me how Matt made rookie mistake. He didn't. He never had a chance on either of those plays. Just like many of Kurts.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Has anyone read what I've actually written? I'm not defending Warner's interception. The poster I replied to wasn't making the point that a rookie making mistakes is to be expected and that getting Leinart some experience is about the only beneficial thing the Cardinals could do today or maybe this season. He was saying that Leinart's interception was okay because he was unlucky and the line didn't do it's job and Warner just threw it right to a defender.

... and what part of that is wrong?

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
How does this team even show up next week? Is there a chance Denny goes this week? Anyone on the staff worthy of interim?

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Factor in the bad offensive line play and isn't that a given no matter who is back there.

Again, explain to me how Matt made rookie mistake. He didn't. He never had a chance on either of those plays. Just like many of Kurts.

Any mistake Matt makes this year will be a rookie mistake. :)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any mistake Matt makes this year will be a rookie mistake. :)

Lol. I wish we all had that cop out in life. So the offensive line gets a free pass or Matt does as long as Matt is in there and Kurt doesn't because he is a veteran?!?!!!?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this is the height of stupidity - rookies are SUPPOSED to make mistakes, veterans aren't - that's why they're called ROOKIE MISTAKES - the line is atrocious to be sure, but Warner had time on the pick and again, anyone with a brain could see those fumbles coming. You know, there ARE QB's out there who don't fumble 95% of the time they take a hit.

Thank you. I was starting to go crazy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Warner DID throw it right to a defender.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

Fumbling at the 5 yard line to give the 9ers a chance in the first game
The wounded duck INT in the Seattle game where no one was around him
The St Louis game all but possibly one of the turnovers was on him
Throwing directly to a LB when staring down Boldin

Inability to throw the ball away, holding onto it for way too long, inability to take care of the ball, inability to read the defense and notice when the TE and the RB are WIDE OPEN

Do you want me to continue?

Warner is a good guy that used to be a good player. Unfortunately for him his time has passed

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
The LB sprinted back into the lane and jumped his highest just to get a hand on the ball. It's the same freakin' play the Cardinals run all the time and the LB just made a good play. Warner's got no continuity or rhythm right now just like the rest of the offense, mostly due to poor line play and also due to poor design and personnel. The league has figured out how to shut down this offense and the only passes this O can complete on a regular basis are going to be the short, quick variety. Which the D will continue to key on as long as the running game is as pathetic as it is. Warner isn't the future, the Card's season is over, you might as well get Leinart his experience and hope he doesnt' get hurt and look forward to a new coach next year who will hopefully not take a year or two to acclimate all the players to the system.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
The LB sprinted back into the lane and jumped his highest just to get a hand on the ball. It's the same freakin' play the Cardinals run all the time and the LB just made a good play. Warner's got no continuity or rhythm right now just like the rest of the offense, mostly due to poor line play and also due to poor design and personnel. The league has figured out how to shut down this offense and the only passes this O can complete on a regular basis are going to be the short, quick variety. Which the D will continue to key on as long as the running game is as pathetic as it is. Warner isn't the future, the Card's season is over, you might as well get Leinart his experience and hope he doesnt' get hurt and look forward to a new coach next year who will hopefully not take a year or two to acclimate all the players to the system.

He didn't hit one hand he hit 2. That pass should've been intercepted by the LB

As for jumping the route, that is what is called making a read. Say it with me now MAKING A READ. A Qb especially with the years of experience that Kurt has should've realised that the LB was there in coverage. Unfortuantely he didn't and the game was over

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You think Dick Vermeil would wanna come here? I've seen a few mention new coach so I thought I would throw that out.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
You think Dick Vermeil would wanna come here? I've seen a few mention new coach so I thought I would throw that out.

Vermeil? Then let's talk about Shula, or even Tom Landry (yes- I know he's dead.) Vermeil retired for a good reason. He was a good coach but he's done. He wouldn't have left the Cheifs if he still wanted to coach.

I have yet to see in any of these thread anyone mention a good idea for head coach if Denny gets canned. I don't think you make change just for the sake of making a change.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Come on Erick Dampier can jump higher than that guy had to jump the ball went off his hands.

Look I have no problem with you defending warner, that's the only reason you even post here you've admitted as much. the problem the rest of us are fans of the team, not one player, and when Kurt is on the bench or traded and you're no longer around, we'll still be here agonizing over this team.

So if you're going to sit there with a straight face and say that INT was a great play by a LB and not a veteran QB getting baited into a bad throw, fine, can't be bothered to argue with you anymore

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Vermeil? Then let's talk about Shula, or even Tom Landry (yes- I know he's dead.) Vermeil retired for a good reason. He was a good coach but he's done. He wouldn't have left the Cheifs if he still wanted to coach.

I have yet to see in any of these thread anyone mention a good idea for head coach if Denny gets canned. I don't think you make change just for the sake of making a change.

Rich Rodriguez, Ron Rivera, Al Saunders, Mike Trgovac dc panthers...tose are the names of the next "hottest" things in coaches

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rich Rodriguez, Ron Rivera, Al Saunders, Mike Trgovac dc panthers...tose are the names of the next "hottest" things in coaches

I like the DC of the Jags too.