D-Dogg's Madden Prediction Season--Game 6: Panthers @ Cardinals

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz knows I'm a Boldin guy, plus I have more difficulty throwing to the right side of the field. He's pretty pissed, but I placate him with pictures of Denny Green and Minnesota and he feels better. I'm not too worried about Fitz.
Looking at the straight numbers it would appear at first to have been a boring game.

But, in virtual actuality, it sounds like an exciting game.

Winning ugly!! Life imitates Madden.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The podcast has been pushed back until after the bye.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the straight numbers it would appear at first to have been a boring game.

But, in virtual actuality, it sounds like an exciting game.

Winning ugly!! Life imitates Madden.

The yardage numbers are skewed because of the massive amounts of offsides penalties I forced them into, and the turnovers I created deep in their territory.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha!

BTW, I'm still at the podium for any questions.

With the amount of money paid to sign Tim Rattay, will we see a quarterback controversy? Is it true that you and Rattay live in the same North Valley community?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the amount of money paid to sign Tim Rattay, will we see a quarterback controversy? Is it true that you and Rattay live in the same North Valley community?
Is it possible that Rattay can be traded for a first or second round pick?

(sorry for blurting that out before you answered my learned friend's question)

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Guys, Rattay wouldn't sign for less than 4 mil a year.

No, I am not kidding you. 4 Mil a year. I put him on a two year deal for 4 mil each and a 700K signing bonus. Jerk...it's like he knew I was forced into signing him because the real Cards did.

According to sources...well, you abomb, Rattay does live in my community.

Is it possible that Rattay can be traded for a first or second round pick?

(sorry for blurting that out before you answered my learned friend's question)

Doubtful that we will be trading him. Hell, he may be the QBOF because I saw Leinart looking at a Hustler in the locker room. I don't know if I can trust him because clearly he likes sex and not football. So I think I might start grooming Rattay for the job in the future.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, Rattay wouldn't sign for less than 4 mil a year.

No, I am not kidding you. 4 Mil a year. I put him on a two year deal for 4 mil each and a 700K signing bonus. Jerk...it's like he knew I was forced into signing him because the real Cards did.

According to sources...well, you abomb, Rattay does live in my community.

Doubtful that we will be trading him. Hell, he may be the QBOF because I saw Leinart looking at a Hustler in the locker room. I don't know if I can trust him because clearly he likes sex and not football. So I think I might start grooming Rattay for the job in the future.
Doesn't Warner have like 10 kids? He is obviously a locker room cancer.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. I will ride or die with my team.

I will purchase some of what Henry is smoking though, if we go on a losing streak. You guys are brutal.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it makes anyone feel better about our chances I just played against the Panthers and came out of it with the Cards winning 53-10. Check out the stat line:

Warner- 14/19 410yds 4td
Carr- 11-23 197 1int

Edge- 25-105 2td
Foster- 25-143 (long 96) 1td

Fitz- 5-105 (caught 50yd bomb for td as time expired) 1td
Quan- 4-199 2td (completely unstoppable, could have went to him every play)
BJ- 2-39
L. Pope- 2-57
E. James- 1-10

Steve Smith- 6-144 0td

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it makes anyone feel better about our chances I just played against the Panthers and came out of it with the Cards winning 53-10. Check out the stat line:

Warner- 14/19 410yds 4td
Carr- 11-23 197 1int

Edge- 25-105 2td
Foster- 25-143 (long 96) 1td

Fitz- 5-105 (caught 50yd bomb for td as time expired) 1td
Quan- 4-199 2td (completely unstoppable, could have went to him every play)
BJ- 2-39
L. Pope- 2-57
E. James- 1-10

Steve Smith- 6-144 0td

Coach Whis take note. I think we need to bench Donald the rest of the season and use cardsfanmd instead.:D

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coach Whis take note. I think we need to bench Donald the rest of the season and use cardsfanmd instead.:D

I'm guessing cardsfanmd doesn't have megasliders in place to make the games close as hell, like I have done.

If I played it on defaults, you guys would be putting me in Canton already!!! And a statue outside UoP stadium right next the the Pete Kendall Turning Water Into Wine Memorial and the Josh McCown Walking On Water Tribute Statue.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm guessing cardsfanmd doesn't have megasliders in place to make the games close as hell, like I have done.

If I played it on defaults, you guys would be putting me in Canton already!!! And a statue outside UoP stadium right next the the Pete Kendall Turning Water Into Wine Memorial and the Josh McCown Walking On Water Tribute Statue.
I dont even know what a megaslider is, so I guess your right. Please let me know what that is so I can go at it this way from now on.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That sure was fun.

A couple of strategy thoughts.

1. If you've followed Fox and his coaching style - here he is with three QB's all with problems which jeopardize the execution of much of his passing offense. He's got a couple of RB's who together have averaged more than 100 yards a game. He's been getting by with one legit receiver (Smith). Colbert hasn't delivered to expectations. Fox comes out of the Parcells (conservative, field-position, low-scoring East Coast) coaching tree. He's beaten us with a smashmouth approach in prior years (remember what Goings did to us when they moved him to RB from FB?)

Ramification - Fox may try to keep the score low and close for most of the game in the hope of stealing it with a late FG.

2. There are two different ways we could attack Carolina offensively -

- At least until Rattay can get up to speed, protecting Warner figures to become an obsession (particularly with Q possibly out as Kurt's 3-step dig route, go-to guy). I could see us running Edge and Marcel directly at Peppers 30 - 40 times, while taking 3 or 4 timely deep shots to Fitz at opportune times.

- With Carolina in trouble at QB and crowd noise in our favor, we could go the opposite route - i.e. take shots early in order to to build an early lead so that our defense could spend the rest of the game teeing off on Carr, Vinnie or Moore.

Or we could avoid the dangers inherent in outhinking ourselves and simply go out and play balanced, fundamentally sound football.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sure was fun.

A couple of strategy thoughts.

1. If you've followed Fox and his coaching style - here he is with three QB's all with problems which jeopardize the execution of much of his passing offense. He's got a couple of RB's who together have averaged more than 100 yards a game. He's been getting by with one legit receiver (Smith). Colbert hasn't delivered to expectations. Fox comes out of the Parcells (conservative, field-position, low-scoring East Coast) coaching tree. He's beaten us with a smashmouth approach in prior years (remember what Goings did to us when they moved him to RB from FB?)

Ramification - Fox may try to keep the score low and close for most of the game in the hope of stealing it with a late FG.

2. There are two different ways we could attack Carolina offensively -

- At least until Rattay can get up to speed, protecting Warner figures to become an obsession (particularly with Q possibly out as Kurt's 3-step dig route, go-to guy). I could see us running Edge and Marcel directly at Peppers 30 - 40 times, while taking 3 or 4 timely deep shots to Fitz at opportune times.

- With Carolina in trouble at QB and crowd noise in our favor, we could go the opposite route - i.e. take shots early in order to to build an early lead so that our defense could spend the rest of the game teeing off on Carr, Vinnie or Moore.

Or we could avoid the dangers inherent in outhinking ourselves and simply go out and play balanced, fundamentally sound football.

I'll take what's behind door 3.;)

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Never give a sucker an even break. Don't back off until you hear glass and smell excrement. We are in this for the money, not the glory.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Never give a sucker an even break. Don't back off until you hear glass and smell excrement. We are in this for the money, not the glory.

You guys are weird. :D

I put the sliders in a way to create a realistic experience (hence, close games, not me blowing them out every time.)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are weird. :D

I put the sliders in a way to create a realistic experience (hence, close games, not me blowing them out every time.)
Scoring 50 points a game on Madden gets old crazy fast.
Hey, Donald, you started for the Cards OL vs. the Panters? How many sacks did the Panters have?

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scoring 50 points a game on Madden gets old crazy fast.
Hey, Donald, you started for the Cards OL vs. the Panters? How many sacks did the Panters have?

maybe 3 or 4...not like the Rams game where Matt and Kurt were on the turf more than they were in the huddle.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe 3 or 4...not like the Rams game where Matt and Kurt were on the turf more than they were in the huddle.
Were you holding onto the ball too long in the Whams game? How does it happen that the Panters have a superior front seven get fewer sacks?