D-Dogg's Madden Prediction Season--Game 6: Panthers @ Cardinals

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be benching Leinart and starting both Levi and Q (as I feel both WILL play this week, and regardless, I'm going against the Panthers at full strength too.)

There will likely be a long halftime break though as I have someone stopping by then.

BTW, we have now signed Tim Rattay and DAMN did he want a lot of money!!

As some of you know, this is my weekly prediction for how the Cards will perform each week. I adjust sliders in the game to get an accurate game as scores go so you might think I suck, but I assure you on regular settings I would kill these teams so I had to adjust sliders to make it fair for the computer.

Also, I have only set the injuries and such as of the start of the season. I have not changed them as we move forward other than benching Al Johnson only because I thought it more fair to penalize me rather than the opponent. If any Cardinal is hurt during the season, I may likely bench them for my games, but if opponents are out they will play. I also might experience injuries that the real Cards might not have...I just have to deal if that is the case.

The season thus far:

Arizona Cardinals 17
San Francisco 49ers 14

1-0

Cardinals 20
Seahawks 14

2-0

Baltimore 27
Arizona 21

2-1

Cardinals 20
Steelers 14

3-1

Rams 43
Cards 18

3-2 record after Week 5

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coach Donald pregame:

"Yeah, we got our asses kicked last week. We really left our genitals in the rat-traps. I think I've really gotten deep into my guys' heads this week in practice. Look for a very different team to take the field.

We are without Matt for the rest of the season, and I hope ol' greybeard can bring the Jesus like he did right before the turn of this century. If he does, Boldin is a probowler and we are a playoff team. It's all in Kurt's gloved hands."

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Panthers Italics
Cardinals in Bold

3 and out, but no...Dansby called for roughing the passer. That's ok, I'd rather lose aggressive than win like a bitch. That's tough talk on the first series...i'd be pissed in the fourth quarter. They get a first, then stopped for a loss, then stopped for a loss of five. Smith BARELY gets the first down on a long play, and I challenge the catch...result is.....it stands. And is is BS. And the crowd boos the refs. Stop them on third and inches and force a FG try. No, a punt. Haha. Really, they punted from the 31

13 yard gain by edge...two passes to TEs for 7 yards, edge draw to midfield...Peppers rocks Warner to sleep for a loss of 7...Have to punt and Barr drops it on the 10 yard line. D takes the field.

Adrian Wilson blows up Foster, strips the ball and recovers it himself. Cards ball on the 16 yard line.

Two nothing runs by edge and a Q drop in the endzone and we settle for 3 points.

Cardinals 3
Panthers 0

Kick return by robinson, ball is stripped and recovered by Monty Beisel. Cards ball on the 24

Incomplete to Q. BJ catches down to the 6 yard line. End of quarter

End of Q1

Cardinals 3
Panthers 0

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Panthers Italics
Cardinals in Bold

3 and out, but no...Dansby called for roughing the passer. That's ok, I'd rather lose aggressive than win like a bitch. That's tough talk on the first series...i'd be pissed in the fourth quarter. They get a first, then stopped for a loss, then stopped for a loss of five. Smith BARELY gets the first down on a long play, and I challenge the catch...result is.....it stands. And is is BS. And the crowd boos the refs. Stop them on third and inches and force a FG try. No, a punt. Haha. Really, they punted from the 31

13 yard gain by edge...two passes to TEs for 7 yards, edge draw to midfield...Peppers rocks Warner to sleep for a loss of 7...Have to punt and Barr drops it on the 10 yard line. D takes the field.

Adrian Wilson blows up Foster, strips the ball and recovers it himself. Cards ball on the 16 yard line.

Two nothing runs by edge and a Q drop in the endzone and we settle for 3 points.

Cardinals 3
Panthers 0

Kick return by robinson, ball is stripped and recovered by Monty Beisel. Cards ball on the 24

Incomplete to Q. BJ catches down to the 6 yard line. End of quarter

End of Q1

Cardinals 3
Panthers 0
The Quan is really killing us in this one. Does he want it bad enough or what? He must have been staying out with Fez grabbing boobs the night before in the hottub.......

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edge run fail. Edge run fail...offsides on them. Edge run TD.

Cardinals 10
Panthers 0

13 yard gain pass into the zone..Run stuffed...Dockett sack. Intercepted by Eric Green, down to the 25 yard line.

Back in busines..I'm going to get seven here or bust. Inc to boldin. Beinemann for 9. Set to run edge, draw them offsides. Peppers tackles Kurt before he can hand it off! Lucky no fumble there. Pass to bienemann down to the one. False start on Deuce. Back to the 6 for a big third down play. NO...OFFSIDES! Failed on third to get it in. I said or bust, didn't I. Kurt QB sneak...GOOOOOD. TD CARDINALS!

Cardinals 17
Panthers 0

Cardinals Coach has to take a time out right now for a bit for dinner or his boss will kill him.

3:49 left in the 1st half.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Foster goes nowhere, pass for a loss. pass incomplete as delhomme takes a SHOT from Hayes on a blitz.

Breaston returns the punt to the CAR 42. Nothing...warner sacked..another drop by Q. Man, he is just off today. Punt goes barely into the end zone.

AW drops a pick..Colbert gains 14....two minute warning. Steve Smith shakes about 4 or 5 tackles down to the 30. Jarrett gets the TD.

Cardinals 17
Panthers 7

Warner sacked. Draw them offsides. Kurt intercepted down the sidelines..

They pass one down and kick a FG. I got too aggressive for my own good

Cardinals 17
Panthers 10

Halftime.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coaches brushes off the halftime interview...

"Sorry guys, I have some ass to chew and I'll need every minute of this half to chew it."

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pass inc...edge run, play action for the first. Pass inc. Edge run. Warner sacked. Punt. Crap.

held to three and out.

Inc. Q for gain of 12. edge for five. warner sacked. false start on deuce. incomplete. Punt.

three and out

edge nothing, edge for 12. edge for 4. Q drops the pass. Q short gain. Punt.

Punt is fumbled. Cards ball on the 26.

Big pass to Q. Holding on Beinemann end of quarter.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inc. Q pass down close. INT in the endzone but offsides negates the penalty (I knew I had the free play, so I tried to squeeze in a pass). Inc. Draw Peppers offsides AGAIN. Dude is just jumpy. And again, peppers. TD JJ Arrington on the pitchout.

Cardinals 24
Panthers 10

Somehow Carter hangs on on third down when AW murders him. Antrel Rolle gets TOASTED by Colbert who goes for about 50 and the TD, starts to showboat at the ten and I drill his showboating ass as he hits the one. He scores, but he'll have a big bruise tomorrow.

Cardinals 24
Panthers 17

Great return called back for holding on Pope. On the 17 to start. March to their 47 with a stream of runs for Edge and JJ. Pass to Q on third down gets us to the 34. JJ goes for 5 and the two minute warning.

Edge buried in the backfield, loses three. Warner sacked, drops the ball and falls on it OUT OF FG range. Douche. Punt rolls into the end zone.

PI on Green gives them the ball at midfield. TD over the top to Robinson. Beats both Green and AW.

Cardinals 24
Panthers 24

******* left too much time on the clock, mark my words. Gain of ten by pope. Draw them offsides. Big pass to Q..clock winding down. Inc. Sack...time out. Kick FG. GOOD. 8 seconds remain.

Cardinals 27
Panthers 24

Last chance, cats. 17 yard gain, clock runs out. Cards win!

Final Score:

Cardinals 27
Panthers 24

Cardinals move to 4-2 on the season.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whew! What a nail-biter! Any thoughts, coach on why so many inc. to Q?

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stats:

Warner 15/32 for 177 yards and 1 INT. No passing TDs. One rushing TD. Passer rating 51.2

Edge 17 for 57 and a TD.
JJ 6 for 22 and a TD

Boldin 6 for 89
Bienemann 3 for 20
Pope 2 for 10
Fitz 2 for 39
BJ 1 for 16
Edge 1 for 3

Turnovers kept us in their part of the field, but overall the offense just wasn't moving the ball.

Q had three credited drops in his stats, and he "dropped" about four more at least. BJ had a big drop too.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whew! What a nail-biter! Any thoughts, coach on why so many inc. to Q?

I think it might have had something to do with the fans in the stadium booing the offense non stop. They seem to be pretty pissed off that I benched Matt (in D-Doggland Madden, Matt is only benched, not hurt). Even with the lead, if a pass was incomplete the crowd booed its ass off. Q was feeling the effects.

Plus, I think Fez showed him his boobs in a hottub or something, I'm not quite sure.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it might have had something to do with the fans in the stadium booing the offense non stop. They seem to be pretty pissed off that I benched Matt (in D-Doggland Madden, Matt is only benched, not hurt). Even with the lead, if a pass was incomplete the crowd booed its ass off. Q was feeling the effects.

Plus, I think Fez showed him his boobs in a hottub or something, I'm not quite sure.
I hear Fez has some hot boobs, so that could be it.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well if you didn't win this one, the FO was going to fire you and get a different coach. RG told me that personally.;)

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tidbits:

NFC West Standings

Rams 4-2
Cardinals 4-2
Seahawks 2-4
Niners 1-4

Cardinals are tied for the second best record in the NFC. Bucs are 5-1.

Cards are tied for the fifth best record in the NFL. Jets are also 5-1, Colts 4-1 and Pats 6-0.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boldin Second in the NFL in rec yards (first in NFC). Tied for 6th in TDs.

SunDevil

Reaction score
Coach, any reason why Fitz was mostly ignored by Warner in this game? How did Fitz handle this situation when the game was over?

SD

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz knows I'm a Boldin guy, plus I have more difficulty throwing to the right side of the field. He's pretty pissed, but I placate him with pictures of Denny Green and Minnesota and he feels better. I'm not too worried about Fitz.